C71- A Cheap Comedy

SWEET LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

C71- A Cheap Comedy

 

Sandara Park eyes were fixated on the staff member that was inserting the thumb drive into the computer, watching them as they opened folder after folder, her brows knitted together as though nervous.

Park Hanbyul and Choi Minah line of sight met for a split second, the anticipation in their eyes undeniable.

Following the staff member’s final click of the mouse, Sandara Park eyes closed, and everyone thought that it was because Sandara Park was unwilling to face the truth that was about to be exposed to the world.

Park Sujin looked at Park Sungwoo, her lips curled into a mocking smile, before grabbing onto Jessica hand, who was sitting as straightly, and as dignifiedly as she could.

Park Sungwoo lowered his face, afraid of looking at the screen. He wished that he didn’t come to the press conference at all, then he wouldn’t have to suffer through the humiliation afterwards.

“So? Have you thought about it?” In the room, a woman’s crisp voice rang out.

Identifying the voice, Park Sungwoo head snapped up towards the screen.

Maybe because it was taken in secret, the angle of the camera wasn’t very good, but one could clearly distinguish the clothes and look of the woman sitting opposite the table.

The woman was not the star of the day’s press conference, Sandara Park, but instead her step-sister Parl Hanbyul!

Seeing the huge screen, Park Hanbyul face drained of color so quickly it seemed she was losing pints of blood. She knew that things could go south so quick she’d be getting whiplash, she immediately dashed towards the staff’s computer, desperately wanting to pluck out the thumb drive.

Kwon Jiyong merely raised his eyes, only one look was needed for two of his bodyguards to go forward and restraint Parl Hanbyul, and for two of them to restraint Choi Minah, who was just as distraught.

Park Hanbyul was restrained and couldn’t even get within an inch of the computer, her eyes red as she struggled like a mad woman. “It’s wrong! This is the wrong one! It’s not this! Minzy!” Park Hanbyul  eyes glared at Gong Minzy almost maniacally.

Minzy face was the epitome of innocence, “It is this one…it’s right…Your expression is scary…”

Park Hanbyul blood flooded to her head, her entire face flushed red with anger, at that point in time, she finally caught on to what was going on. She was fooled by Gong Minzy that !

On the screen, the secretly taken video was being played at the maximum size.

“Are you still torn up by it?”

“I…”

“You don’t have to worry about it. You’ve already expressed your attitude by not going to the set. Work with me, I promise to deliver on my promises if you do.”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course! As long as you tell the world that Sandara Park  has a messy private life, and not only did she copy, but also hired ghostwriters, I will introduce and recommend you to successful directors, and your work can finally be on the big screens to be seen by more people!”

“But she’s not like that at all! Wouldn’t I be lying then? Plus, I don’t have any evidence either…”

“Silly girl, as Sandara Park assistant, your words alone are evidence. I’ll make sure the rest is prepared accordingly. Why else do you think I brought so many of Sandara scripts back home?”
 
“You faked it? You faked evidence of Miss Park copying to incriminate her?”

“Why would it be fake? As long as you’re the one the provided the evidence, who would think that it is fake? By that time, Sandara reputation will be blown to smithereens, and no one will even care whether this evidence is real or faked! Think about these five years that you’ve been by Sandara Parl side, if she’d given you any care she would have recommended you to a film company a long time ago. For all these years, you’ve done so much for her, yet all the credit ends up being hers, are you really content with that?”

Park Hanbyul continued then, “Don’t worry, I have a great relationship with Jessica Jung. As long as we can ruin Sandara Park this time, you’ll be the main contributor. Even if I can’t help you, Jessica  definitely will be able to. You have to know, the  person that  hates is Sandara the most right now is not me, but Jessica Jung. I’ve reached an agreement with her, as long as you’re willing to step up and testify against Sandara, she will recommend you to San A Entertainment’s directors, just wait, you’ll be famous soon!”


Park Hanbyul straight out named Jessica Jung in the video, which led to a subtle mood change in the room. When people turned to look at Jessica Jung  again, their sympathy from earlier was replaced by astonishment and doubt.

Jessica Jung was getting antsy in her seat. From the moment the video started, she realized that things had gone awry. What she didn’t expect was that Park Hanbyul would actually say her name.

People were not dumb. The dialogue in the video was so obvious that everyone got the idea that she and Park Hanbyul combined forces in smearing Sandara Park.

Now, not only the Kwon were there to witness everything, the video was streamed online, which meant that everyone on the Internet had seen it and heard it…

There were also all the reporters, and Kwon Jiyong himself!

Jessica Jung really panicked. For the first time in her life, she was completely at a loss. She subconsciously glanced at Han Hyejin and Kwon Jeongmin who were sitting next to her.

Han Hyejin obviously grasped what was going on. She looked back at Jessica Jung with a complicated expression which comprised of shock, disappointment, and pity…

Kw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter