C58 - My Love For You Is Your Prerogative 

SWEET LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


C58 - My Love For You Is Your Prerogative 

 

“Sir, do I have your blessing to marry your daughter?”

The whole room first fell into a complete silence, then into an uproar after a few seconds.

“What is going on? What is Mr. Kwon trying to do?”

Park Sungwoo looked left and right, at a total loss. Then he pointed at Jung Woosung in the distance. “Mr. Kwon, are you mistaking me for Jessica father? I am her uncle, and her father is over there!” Afraid that Kwon Jiyong was still confused, Park Sungwoo kept pointing at Jung Woosung .

Jung Woosung didn’t look pleased. He was sure that Kwon Jiyong knew what he looked like. How could he mistake Park Sungwoo for himself?

Kwon Jeongmin lost his grasp on the situation too, looking at his son with a big frown. Han Hyejin  tightened her fists, as she thought that her own son would never make simple mistakes like that. At the same time, she had no other explanation for it.

Kwon Jiyong looked into Park Sungwoo eyes very seriously, “I’m not mistaken. I am asking your permission to marry your daughter.”

The whole room was in shock. Jung Woosung and Park Sujin faces turned green when they noticed all the eyes on them and even some in ridicule.

Jessica Jung couldn’t believe that Kwon Jiyong walked past her to ask her uncle’s permission to marry his daughter. What would it make her then? She could feel the mocking and ridicule coming from every direction.

“Jeongmin, what is going on right now?” Jung Woosung  couldn’t hold back anymore.

Kwon Jeongmin was not sure what was actually going on, so he said, “Woosung, don’t worry, let me ask.”

“Jiyong!” Mr. Kwon walked over to his son, staring down Park Sungwoo in the process. “What is going on?”

Kwon Jiyong looked at his father, neither obsequious nor arrogant, and said, “I agreed to get engaged today, but I didn’t say whom I planned to get engaged to.”

“Who do you want to get engaged to other than Jessica?” Kwon Jeongmin questioned, his eyes full of threats. The chilling effect he was able to project matched Kwon Jiyong. Back in the day, Kwon Jeongmin was famous for being decisive and ruthless, having no mercy for anyone. He used to be an all controlling emperor of the kingdom. Even though he was old and had passed his crown to his son, it didn’t mean that he had lost the style and influence of a king.

Kwon Jiyong met father’s gaze straight on, his mouth curved up naturally, “I’m asking the girl’s father’s permission.”

The difference was that Kwon Jiyong had accumulated the power to contend his father, so what happened six years ago would not happen again.

Kwon Jeongmin stared at Park Sungwoo with such threatening eyes that Mr. Park dared not look back. He couldn’t understand, how did he become everyone’s target without doing anything? Kwon Jiyong wanted to marry his daughter? Which one?

Subconsciously, Park Sungwoo looked over at Park Hanbyul, who was always by his side the past a few years. She hung out with Jessica Jung often and had run into Kwon Jiyong occasionally. Could it be that Kwon Jiyong took a liking to Park Habyul  and that was the reason for the debacle?

When Kwon Jiyong said that he wanted to marry Park Sungwoo daughter, Park Hanbyul heart fluttered. She couldn’t help but think the unthinkable – could it be her? Park Sungwoo was looking at her too, after a brief moment of astonishment, Park Hanbyul started to become visibly ecstatic. Could it be that Kwon Jiyong had really fallen in love with her, that he was asking to marry her in front of everyone?


 
Park Hanbyul almost couldn’t control her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter