C46 - Give Her a Chance to Perform

SWEET LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


C46 - Give Her a Chance to Perform

 


“Sister, at the same age, you have become a world-famous screen writer who has done outstanding work while all I did since graduating from college was spend dad’s money, nothing that I’m proud of. I did some self-reflection lately and I really want to stay by your side and learn from you. I know I won’t become as capable as you, but I want to broaden my horizon. Like you said, at my age I can’t keep acting like daddy’s little girl and expect people to respect me…”

Park Hanbyup lowered her head as she spoke, making herself look sincere in her self reflection.

To aid Hanbyul act, Baek Insoo eyes turned red as she spoke in a soft and pleading tone, “Dara, this time your sister really wants to better herself and she’s relying on you to help her. You are the oldest daughter in the Park Family, you and Hanbyul are the only kids of your generation. The family’s future is on your shoulders!”

When Baek Insoo said ‘the only kids of your generation’, Park Sungwoo eyes twitched. He must have thought about the boy that was never born.

Obviously Madam Park was thinking about the unborn boy too. She didn’t care to speak earlier. but at that time finally opened , “I am the oldest in the house, so I say it’s settled. Tomorrow, you fire that assistant of yours and let Hanbyul help you at work!”

Gong Minzy couldn’t believe her ears and looked at Sandara Park, “The Park Family just decided on her destiny like that, without even consulting her? What kind of tyrannical people were they?” She had faith in her teacher though. Miss Park would not let that woman replace her! It all depended on Miss Park stance!

“Dara, what are you still thinking about?” Park Sungwoo seemed embarrassed by Sandara Park hesitation in giving an immediate answer. He wished his daughter was as obedient and considerate as Park Hanbyup.

“Nothing.” Sandara put down her chopsticks and held up her elbows. She smiled at Park Hanbyul, “If you really want to be my apprentice, I’m not going to stop you. It’s fine with me.”

“What?” Minzy panicked. “Miss Park… What about me…”

Sandara Park glimpsed at Minzy and went on talking to Hanbyul, “I have high standards for my assistant. Even though you are my sister, I must warn you about it. You are brand-new in this industry, so you have to start from the bottom. I am too busy to teach you everything myself. Tomorrow when you come, Minzy will train you. When you have a good grasp with things, I’ll let you assist me.”

Park Hanbyul looked at Minzy, a shade of disdain and unwillingness crossed her face.

Park Sungwoo, on the other hand, nodded in agreement, “Dara is right. There needs to be a transition period.”

Park Hanbyul was quick to show compliance to her dad, “Okay, I got it. I will try my best!”

The dinner was over shortly after. On the drive back, Minzy was not her talkative self. Instead, she stayed quiet and looked depressed.

“Are you upset?” Asked San

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter