C16 - Mr. Kwon is Here

SWEET LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


C16 - Mr. Kwon is Here

 

Hearing about the child that he lost six years ago, Park Sungwoo hesitated.

Bark Insoo noticed that Sungwoo face softened. Being married to him for so many years, Insoo knew very well that Park Sungwoo was an impressionable and indecisive man. That lost child was a great pain in his heart, but also a source of guilt to her. To bring up that child was a guaranteed way to shake him.

That child had become a weapon Baek Insoo liked to use against Park Sungwoo.

Sandara Park also recognized that impression on her father’s face. It was obvious that he was not going to press Baek Insoo further on the matter…

“Just get up now. The floor is too cold for your weak body.” Park Sungwoo said. He didn’t want to see his wife be so vulnerable, after all, she never really recovered from the miscarriage years ago.

Hearing that, Park Hanbyul hurried over and helped her mother up.

Barely holding herself up, Baek Insoo still couldn’t stop crying, “Sungwoo, I know I made a mistake. It was my fault and I shouldn’t have done that, but I don’t want to go to jail. You have to help me when the police come…”

It just hit Park Sungwoo that Sandara Park was talking about going to the police. Not wanting anyone else to hear him, he lowered his voice and said to Sandara, “Dara, your Auntie made a terrible mistake back then and she had just lost a baby. We all know what happened to that baby, so why don’t we just drop all this? When the police come, how about you just tell them that it’s all a big misunderstanding? Tell them that you remembered things wrong…”

Park Sungwoo sounded like he was negotiating, but his voice was quite stern, “It’s not a big deal. Let Daddy help you handle everything and make sure it all goes away, okay?”

“Not okay!” Sandara Park refused instantly.

Park Sungwoo was shocked by her answer. “Sandara Park!”

“Father, you disappoint me!” Sandara looked straight into Sungwoo eyes.

“Dara, Daddy is just …” Park Sungwoo was struggling to find the right words.

“Alright, that’s it!” Sandara interrupted Sungwoo. She then turned to Baek Insoo and spoke the words, “I didn’t call the police. I made the whole thing up.”

What?!

Everyone looked bamboozled. Sandara Park didn’t go to the police?

“Actually, I haven’t been back for very long and only just learned this rumor about me. I did some research, but the best I could find out was that Hwang Jungmin owed one million dollars to a loan shark six years ago. I decided to test my luck and make up a story. Who knew it happened to be the correct one?” Sandara Park looked at Baek Insoo, eyes full of mockery.

So…any regret?

Never in a million years had Insoo guessed that Sandara was making everything up. She had absolutely no evidence, no police report, nothing. It was all just a trick to make Baek Insoo give up the truth!

At that point, the birthday party was officially over. Having had enough bad publicity for his family, Park Sungwoo started asking the guests to leave.

“Leave? We’re not leaving. You’ve got your scores settled, but the Kim Family hasn’t got the answers we came here for!” said Kim Haesun. “Even though Sandara didn’t take the money, she did run off without even a word! Her behaviour hurt my son’s feelings, and she needs to answer for that!”


 
“Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter