C113 - Future In-Laws

SWEET LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


C113 - Future In-Laws

 


Park Sungwoo sat on the couch at home and anxiously waited for Kwon Jiyong people to come and pick them up. That must be the most tormenting wait in his whole life. Every time he thought about meeting with Kwon Jiyong parents, his heart would skip a beat.

Meeting Kwon Jiyong alone caused Park Sungwoo to be so nervous that he almost had arrhythmia. He had to go meet the elders in the Kwon Family; that was simply something Park Sungwoo was too afraid to even consider.

“Look at yourself!” Madam Park, glaring at her son, said coldly, “It’s just a meeting between the parents of both sides, what are you so nervous for?”

Park Sungwoo picked up the teacup and took a sip. “Mom, do you know who we are meeting with?”

“Of course, I do, the Kwons!” Madam Park seemed much calmer than Park Sungwoo, although her palms were getting sweaty too.

“You know it too, they are the Kwon's. This is not an average meeting either. It’s a meeting for future in-laws. Are you really not nervous?”

Park Sungwoo had seen the Kwon's before, but those times were either in public or at banquets. On those occasions, a small-time man like himself would never get the chance to be near the Kwon's.

That day, not only could he get near, he was meeting them as their future in-laws…

The more Park Sungwoo thought about it, the more nervous he became. He drank all the tea he had in the cup.

Sitting on the other side, Baek Insoo looked at Park Sungwoo with a cold eye. She was laughing at him inside because all this nervousness was unnecessary. Sandara Park would disappear from the world soon!

Suppressing that thought, Baek Insoo filled Park Sungwoo  teacup with more tea. “Sungwoo, don’t be so nervous. You don’t want the Kwon to see you like this and look down on us. If not for the Park's, you ought to think about Dara future in the Kwon Family.”

Park Sungwoo agreed with Baek Insoo He shouldn’t appear weak in front of the Kwon.

He patted Baek Insoo hand and said, “Yes, you are right!”

Shortly after, Kwon Jiyong men arrived. Park Sungwoo stood up from the couch and straightened his suit formally. He walked outside with his back straight and head up.

Knowing that they were the future in-laws of the Kwon, everybody along the way treated Park Sungwoo with utmost respect.

The meeting location was at an upscale private club. The car with Park Sungwoo passed the club gates, where the service staff of the club already stood in two lines bowing in a 90-degree angle to welcome them.

As soon as the car stopped, the service staff opened the car door and helped Park Sungwoo get out of the car with impeccable hospitality.

Park Sungwoo was not expecting that level of attention on himself by the Kwon Family. He started to feel rather flattered.

Madam Park face was showing all sorts of expressions. Her ego was highly satisfied by being treated so well by the Kwon's, however when she remembered that the Kwon's were doing this for Sandara Park and not for Jessica Jung, her excitement was dampened.

Baek Insoo looked rather indifferent the whole time. If it was not for keeping her image as a considerate step-mother, she never would have come.

The service staff was leading them toward the private meeting room. The closer they got, the more nervous Park Sungwoo became. He tightly held onto Baek Insoo hand, trying his hardest to appear calm on the outside.
 
Baek Insoo hand was hurting, but she couldn’t do anything except bear it.

Finally, they arrived at the room. The server knocked on the door lightly. “Mr. Park is here.”

Then, he opened the door.


In the private room, Madam Kwon, Kwon Jeongmin, and Han Hyejin, had long since met with Kwon Jiyong and Sandara Park. When the employee said that the Park family had arrived, Kwon Jeongmin immediately stood and went to welcome them when the door opened.

“Future in-laws, come in.” As Kwon Jeongmin initiated the welcome, Han Hyejin naturally followed after him.

The entire treatment that he received on the way there was already spoiling Park Sungwoo to the point of fear. With Kwon Jeongmin calling them “future in-laws”, Park Sungwoo was a little lost.

Not too long ago, during the King's Corporation’s annual dinner, because of Kwon Jiyong sudden proposal to Sandara Park, Kwon Jeongmin had shot Park Sungwoo the scariest look he had received in his life. It had scared him so much that he dared not even take a deep breath.

The man before him actually initiated a handshake even with his sweaty palm and called them “future in-laws” happily!

Faced with Kwon Jeongmin sudden change, Park Sungwoo  couldn’t react appropriately in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter