Don’t Separate Us

YouTube Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona and Seohyun prepared themselves and drove to the hospital. One week without Skylar Luna and they are going crazy missing her, especially Yoona.  The latter was grinning one second and squealing the next, Seohyun shook her head at her wife’s attitude. 

 

“What are your planning now? You can’t be jobless forever.” Seohyun asked. Yoona sighed and stare at her wife for a second, “I have something in mind. But I’m not sure if you will agree to my plan.” 

 

“You’re not planning something really ridiculous like asking us to live on an abandoned island right?” Seohyun asked

 

“Of course not! I won’t let even one mosquito harm our Han Byul.” Yoona argued. Seohyun laughed a little and pat her wife’s arm , “I know. I’m just teasing you.” 

 

“I’m planning on being a full time YouTuber. What do you think?” 

 

“That suits you. And you’ve been recording Han Byul’s progress every week. I guessed it already. You were engrossed with editing and the cameras.” 

 

“Are you okay with it? It’s not exactly money making. But aside from YouTube I’ve also made a few investments in restaurants.”

 

“Yoona, money is never the problem. You know that right?” Seohyun said 

 

“Of course I know. But I want to contribute to our little family too... I want to use my own money and provide for you two. With Han Byul in NICU for so long and later in the surgery. It’s gonna add up. I want to relive your burden too.” Yoona commented. Seohyun smiles and intertwined her hand to Yoona’s, “We can always depend on you.”

 

“Of course!” Yoona parked the car and they both got out to see their baby girl. Seohyun was giggling non stop at the thought of her little girl in her arms. “I wonder how big she got..” 

 

“Me too.. can’t wait to hold her and kiss her and cuddle her.” Yoona said as they walked into the NICU floor. The nurses saw them and immediately Opened up the door for them. “Hello! Welcome back. How was your trip?”

 

“Amazing! But we miss our little big star so much!” Seohyun exclaimed while putting sanitizing herself and tying her hair up. Yoona did the same and they entered the ward, they walked towards Skylar’s incubator. “Look , she’s grown a lot!” Yoona said excitedly while Seohyun smiled wider. The older girl sat down on the chair and watched as the nurses lifted the incubator covers and slowly retrieved Skylar out. The little girl was sleeping and was irritated that her sleep was disturbed again; her little arms flailing everywhere and she let out an audible cry. Seohyun felt her tears spilling out again at how feisty her little girl is. “Mianhe... mianhe. It’s just mama. Mama miss you so much, do you miss me? Do you remember mama?” 

 

Skylar seems to recognize her mama’s voice as her eyes fluttered up and stare at Yoona. “You can see mama?” Yoona chuckled and kissed her daughter’s head. Skylar grew in length and weight, “She grew a lot.” 

 

“She did. She feeds more now. And those high calorie milk is showing results.” The pediatrician informed. Yoona and Seohyun turned around and saw Dr Lee standing behind them. Seohyun bowed at the doctor , “Anyeonghaseyo..”

 

“Miss Im , Mrs Im, I’m bringing some good news.” The doctor said and watched as both Yoona and Seohyun looked at him hopefully. “Han Byul is progressing really well. We can now remove her from the incubator and put her in a normal crib. She will still be using the oxygen tank but instead of a mask, we will be switching to a nasal tube. We will start tomorrow and see how she acts. If she’s in distress , if her blood pressure tanks or elevated, or if her body temperature becomes irregular we will shift her back to the incubator.”

 

Yoona looked at her daughter, “You’re really strong do you know that? You can do this right? Mama and umma will be by your side. Gwenchana take your time sweetheart. Mama and umma will be waiting for you.” 

 

“What about her heart?” Seohyun asked 

 

“Her heart is doing well for now. If she can be in a normal crib we can slowly move forward the operation date. The reason why we are putting off the operation for now is because she’s stable and we want her to gain as much weight as possible before we open her up.” 

 

“I understand. Thank you so much.” Seohyun thanked the doctor and watched as she wanders to other babies. She turned and looked at her wife and daughter, “Skylar Luna , you are so amazing. Good job baby. You are so strong. You are one step closer to coming home now.” Yoona smiles at the last sentence, she leaned down and kissed Skylars cheek , “Yah... you really filled up. Look you have squirrel cheeks now like umma.” Seohyun laughed and slapped her wife’s arm playfully, “Dont teach her bad things.”

 

“Yah don’t slap me. I’m holding my precious life here.” Yoona joked

 

“She’s your life?”

 

“She’s my everything. She’s my life, my light. My sun , my moon, my stars, my sky.”

 

Seohyun cringed her face up, “Too much Yoong.. too much.” 

 

“Too much but it’s the truth.” Yoona said and kissed her daughter’s cheeks again. “I can’t waif till they get this mask off you and I can kiss your lips.” 

 

“Time for Han Byul to eat..” a nurse appeared with some milk. Seohyun smiled and took over , they are pros now when it comes to feeding the baby with a tube. Yoona watched as her daughter  her daughter drinks , “She’s drinking a lot more now..” 

 

“She drinks a lot compared to when she was just born. She grew a lot too.” Seohyun commented while keeping watch of the milk she poured in. “If this keeps up and she can move to a norma crib you can start bringing over some clothes for her to wear. And help her shower.” 

 

“We can do that?!” Seohyun asked excitedly. “Of course. But of course she needs to pass a few tests before reaching that stage.” The nurse chuckled and let the little family be. “You hear that Han Byul? You have come such a long way... keep moving okay?” Seohyun whispered and kissed her daughter’s head. A small smile appeared on Skylar’s face making her mother’s smile wider. 

 

 

 

Tiffany was watching a movie while her two girls fall asleep. Taeyeon fell asleep first while watching Mulan while Rosie fell asleep a little while after her umma. Tiffany chuckled looking at her girls sleeping, “Jinjia... you two are so alike.” She leaned down and kissed Rosie’s cheeks and the little girl stirred a little. Tiffany continued watching the television and was engrossed in it, when suddenly, “Kim Eun Seon. Andwae.” 

 

Tiffany stiffened , did Rosie misbehave again? Before she can check, “Aniya.. Aniya. Te Te...mam mam” Tiffany’s mouth fell open, “Holy ... oh my goodness! You can’t be playing a joke with me right now.” She said because both Kim Taeyeon and Kim Eunseon are sleeping soundly. “Oh my goodness... you two are sleep talkers?” Tiffany could not believe her ears and eyes , how could she when both her wife and daughter look so similar to each other and they even talk in their sleep like each other. “I have one sleep talker at night and it’s killing me sometimes, and now I have another one? Oh god you’re joking right?” She could not believe it and quickly recorded this moment, lamenting herself and finding it funny. “Oh I still love you two..” she laughed lightly and kissed their cheeks. She then start preparing for her plan. 

 

“Hey Yuri... hey Jess. Ready?”

 

“Urgh... out of everything why must you learn how to cook?” Jessica complained while hugging her wife tight. “Well I want to cook for my girls too... and seeing your girls enjoying your food so much I want to experience that too..” 

 

“Alright... we can help you. What do you want to cook first?”  Yuri asked

 

“Pasta? That sounds easy... right?” Yuri and Jessica shrugged their shoulders, Tiffany might be a good surgeon but I’m the kitchen she’s worst than a three year old kid. 

 

“First off, cut the onions and mushroom.” Yuri instructed. 

 

 

 

Tiffany finally can Plate her food , it looks good. Though it’s a bit bland. “Thanks Yul..”

 

“Anytime Ppani.. Just give me a heads up next time. You’re really terrible with the knife. I might give you something less sharp.” 

 

Tiffany showed her fingers all wrapped up in bandage strips, “I will improve , don’t worry.” 

 

“How are you a surgeon? Do you cut yourself often?” Jessica asked while balancing both twins in her arms. “Come here cutie pie” Tiffany shot her arms out and Nana goes into her embrace. “FYI, I’ve never had an accident at work before. I’m good with a scalpel, just bad with a kitchen knife.” 

 

She brought the food back to her house and saw Taeyeon and Roseanne already up. “Hi..” 

 

“Where were you?” Taeyeon asked and puckered her lips. “Next door.” 

 

“Wae?” 

 

“I made dinner for us.” Taeyeon widened her eyes at the statement, “You did? Why?”

 

“I want to cook something for you two... when I saw how much Hailey enjoys eating her mothers’ food, it warms my heart. I want nugget to enjoy eating food cooked by me.” Taeyeon took her wife’s hand in hers and found it all bandaged up, “Aigoo.. don’t cook anymore. Look at your fingers.” She kissed those injured fingers one by one lovingly.  “I’m fine. Really.” Tiffany reassured her wife but the older woman felt heartache looking at her wife’s beautiful hands now filled with cuts. “Come on let’s have dinner. Taste it. Yuri said it’s Good.” 

 

“Rosie come on. Mam mam time.. walk on your own.” Taeyeon said to her daughter and watched as the little girl toddled on her own while holding her hand. “Mami..” Rosie called out and held her hand out. Tiffany held her up and put her strapped in her baby chair. “Wa...smells good.”The surgeon smiled widely as her wife praised her. Taeyeon scooped up the pasta and gave some to Rosie but the little baby was impatient. “Ppani-ah, let’s wait till she calms down. At this rate she will just smack the food on the floor.” Rosie was moving around , her hands and legs flailing. She was definitely hungry and demanded to be fed. Tiffany chuckled and kissed the top of her daughter’s head. “Be patient little one..” 

 

Taeyeon gestured her wife to stand next to her, the surgeon walked to Taeyeon and they stood opposite of their daughter. They just stare patiently as Rosie smacked the table top and babbles. After a few minutes the little girl calmed down a bit and instead of slapping the table she slapped her own face lightly , Tiffany laughed when Rosie puts both hands on her own face and squished it while screaming in hunger. Taeyeon too couldn’t help but laugh , “Omo.. you’re really hungry huh?” 

 

“She’s hangry..” 

 

“Arasso let’s eat now or she will start crying.” Taeyeon said and moved the food closer to Rosie. They sat next to their daughter and placed the food in front of Rosie, Tiffany held her daughter’s hands down and waited till her wife is seated. “Let’s eat.” T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter