Of Gifts and Babies

YouTube Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon held Rosie close to her , she’s contemplating on whether she should get up from bed  today. Rosie was down with a cold after the immunization shots and with her teething ,Rosie was literally clinging onto Taeyeon. The latter patted her daughter’s buttock gently while staring at Rosie who dazed away. 

 

“My poor Rosie-boo... you don’t feel well right” She whispered to her daughter , Tiffany was up the whole night trying to appease their daughter and just fell dead asleep. Rosie whimpered and pushed her dance closer to Taeyeon’s chest. “Aigoo, my poor baby..” Taeyeon cooed and kissed her daughter’s hair. Taeyeon noticed Rosie was rubbing her ears and kept rubbing her gums. She got up and Rosie whimpered , she held Taeyeon’s shirt tight against her little fist. 

 

“Gwenchana, umma is not going away”She went down to the kitchen and because it was still so early in the morning, no one was up. Taeyeon grabbed her daughter’s teething toy inside the refrigerator and popped a cool pacifier into Rosie’s mouth. Taeyeon watched as her daughter munched on the object like an animal. Drool leaked out of her little mouth.

 

“Poor poor baby....” Taeyeon leaned in and kissed her cheeks. She put her daughter down on the play mat and played with her for awhile. Taeyeon knew her daughter is feeling awful, she had a lot of mucus buildup on her nose and with the fever and teething , Rosie has been suffering. Rosie’s sneeze snapped Taeyeon out of their thoughts , she looked at her daughter and laughed. Rosie had a string of mucus out of her nose when she sneezed out. Taeyeon snapped a pic and cleaned her poor baby. She noticed there was still a lot of mucus inside, she scrambled around the kitchen outside and looked for a nasal aspirator Tiffany bought. She cleaned it up a little and starts it out of Rosie’s little nose. There was quite an amount and Taeyeon noticed her daughter was less edgy and was able to breathe more freely. “You feel better now right?” She asked. Rosie sighed. Taeyeon looked at the time and figured it was too early to give her daughter another dose of medicine , but Rosie is still wide awake. She lay down on the plastic next to her daughter and watched her play. Soon after she fell asleep.

 

 

Yuri came down with Wonnie as the little baby woke up early. She huddled her daughter close to her and walked into the play area. She almost got the shock of her lifetime when she entered and saw Kim Taeyeon on the playmat, next to her daughter. For a second, the tanned woman thought Taeyeon was dead. But was relieved when she heard the soft snoring coming out of her. Yuri rubbed her chest a few times and kicked Taeyeon up.

 

“Yah, how could you sleep like this? Your daughter is all alone without adult supervision.” She nagged the older woman as Taeyeon struggles to open her eyes. “I didn’t get to sleep last night. She was having a hard time.” Yuri secures Haven into her rocker and scooted down on her tummy , the same level as her niece. “You’re sick?” Rosie babbled and kept rubbing her gums with her little fist. 

Yuri pecked her niece’s chubby cheeks and went to the kitchen. She took out a piece of cold apple and gave it to Rosie. The little girl took the apple and chomped it down. “Taeyeon, there are some cold apples. Give it to her. It’s cold and it’s hard it will relieve her of the ache.” Taeyeon nod her head and continued sleeping back. Yuri shook her head and took care of the two babies. She take a look at the baby monitor and found Nana wriggling in her crib. Before she can stand up to get her , Jessica was already up and before long Nana’s cries were heard. 

 

Jessica came down soon after and found Yuri and Nana along with Rosie staring at her and Hanna. “Rosie-boo... what are you doing out here ?” She asked while feeding Nana. “Teething and slight fever with a blocked nose” Her Yuri emmo answered for her. Jessica sat down with Hanna latching on her and stared at Rosie. The little girl looked so much like Taeyeon but there were times she looks like Tiffany. “And Taengoo died ?” Yuri nod her head. Yuri played with Rosie but the little girl wants her umma. She kept pointing towards Taeyeon, 

“mmmmm..ma..mmmmma...mmmmma” . Jessica noticed her eyes were slightly watery and knew she would burst out in tears in a matter of time. She nudged her wife , “Wake that woman up! Her daughter will scream the house down soon!” Yuri picked Rosie up and put her on top of Taeyeon’s body. She quieted down but her palms start hitting her umma, Taeyeon scrunched her face up and continued to sleep. Rosie starts squealing and hoisted her body up with her arms , squealing to her umma. 

 

“Mmma...mmmma”

 

Poor Rosie kept calling out to her umma , she slowly inched her body up and sprawled her body over Taeyeon , drooling all over her. Yuri couldn’t take how sad her niece looked and woke the sleeping woman up. “Your daughter is calling for you. How could you sleep this way ? Look at her face.” Taeyeon woke up and smiled at her daughter , “You miss me ?” Rosie communicated with a language of her own. Taeyeon held her close and kissed her, but Rosie later attacked Taeyeon biting her face and on Taeyeon. 

 

“YAH!! What are you doing ?!” Taeyeon screamed but she loves it when Rosie showered her with these kisses. She positioned her daughter better and kissed her chubby cheeks. “I’m so tired” she complained. Yuri shook her head and watched as Taeyeon put her daughter down. The twins are not sleeping yet , she unbuckled them out of their rockers and put them on the playmat. Rosie kept pointing at her friends and babbles happily. “Your chingu. Two chingu.” Taeyeon showed her daughter two fingers while pointing towards Haven and Hanna.  

Rosie stares at her new friends and attempted a plank , delighting all the adults there. 

 

“Wow! Rosie is a big girl now. She will crawl and walk in no time!” Jessica said happily. Yuri shifted her daughters closer for Rosie to have a look. “This is Hanna and this is Haven. Be friends okay Rosie ?” Taeyeon introduced the twins to Rosie and watched as Rosie flail her hands excitedly. Taeyeon and the rest watched with a stupid smile on their face , who would have guessed this day would come where all of their kids will become good friends just like they were. While the adults were busy talking and catching up , Kim Eun Seon managed to grab onto one of the twins sock and took it off. She stared at the toe with much curiosity. Before long the leg was in , and Nana starts screaming. All the adults scrambled to look and Taeyeon was shocked .

 

“YAH!! OTOKKE?! ARE YOU A CANNIBAL?!” She quickly took the foot out and examined it , there was a small bite mark , and definitely drool all over the little foot. Taeyeon held her daughter close and apologized profusely to Yuri and Jessica even Nana. “I’m so sorry. I didn’t know she will pop the foot into . Aishhh... what am I gonna do with you? I’m so sorry Nana. Emmo is so sorry.”  Yuri took a look at nana and made sure that she is fine before she laughed her off. 

 

“We should have recorded that...” Yuri said after her laughing fit wiping the tear away from her eyes. Even Jessica laughed at Rosie. But Taeyeon had enough. “It’s so tiring. I miss life when it was just Ppani and I.” Jessica shook her head, “Life is good when there’s the both of you. But life is definitely perfect with Rosie. It’s tiring now , but at the end of the day when you put her down to sleep , and you look at her closely , all your day’s work just melted away . She brought out the best of the both of you.” 

 

“Yeah, children light up our lives. One day you will understand. It’s hard now but hey at least you have one. We have two at the same time “ Yuri joked . Taeyeon smiled a little and stared at her daughter chomping on the teether , she couldn’t help but smile. She patted Nana’s little bum and leaned forward to kiss her , “Your chingu is so sorry. It’s okay when you are teething , emmo will let you bite her. You must remember this bite okay, when you need a bite go to Rosie okay?” Yuri playfully slapped Taeyeon’s head and all of them continued their day. 

 

 

 

Seohyun was nervous , it was time for her checkup. She is almost two months pregnant and today, she is in to see her little rice cake. Unconsciously , her hand went lower. “Umma will see you today. Are you nervous ? Umma is. I hope everything is okay with us. Grow up safely okay.” She waited for her turn , everyone has someone with them and she is alone. She took a selfie and constructed another short email to Yoona. 

 

 

To : Im Yoona

 

From: Seo Ju Hyun

 

Date : March 2, 2019 16:30:24

 

Subject: Anyeong mama

 

Mama,

 

Today we are having a checkup. Umma will get to see me today. But for some reason , umma is nervous. Why ? Umma says she wants to see me today. I think I grew a lot. I am now two months in umma’s tummy. Umma gained weight mama, umma is fat now. But umma cannot stop eating. Umma says when she tries to eat less , she gets really angry and she gets headache. Why ? Mama , umma look so pretty today. Everyone at the clinic has someone with them , but umma is all alone. It’s okay. Umma is not alone. Little Tteok is here for umma. 

 

Bye mama. We miss you and we love you so much .

 

 

Seohyun sent the email and waited while reading some pamphlets about pregnancy. She went in when her name was called , “Anyeonghaseyo Dr Han.” 

 

“Seohyun-ssi. How are you?” She gestured the pregnant woman to lay on the examination table. Seohyun eases on the table carefully and lift up her shirt. “You ready?” Seohyun nod her head and the doctor proceed with the steps. Soon a loud heartbeat was heard echoing inside the room.

 

“Your child’s heartbeat Seohyun-ssi. It’s very healthy. And it has grown a lot. Everything seems fine.” Seohyun smiled and looked at her baby through the monitor. Little rice cake indeed grew up a lot. Much longer now. 

 

“However ...” Seohyun stopped in her tracks. 

 

“Your weight has increased tremendously. You need to take care of your food intake. Because I see an elevated blood sugar reading from your blood results, as well as a  slight elevated blood pressure. This will pose danger to you and your baby during the second and third trimester. Your child might even die in the uterine if you didn’t take care of this.” Dr Han advises her. Seohyun felt her heart dropped at the thought of her baby dying insid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter