Break Up

I'm a girl...BUT HE THINKS I'M GAY!

The students from both schools soon settled back into their daily lives of study and play. There was still much talk about Yong Junhyung being gay but it has pretty much settled down.

Mi Hye became talk of the town, known for her cute charismatic smile that makes girls swoon and also for her charm that can even charm guys.

Jaejoong was pretty much fired up that another student liked his girlfriend, but as a teacher, there as nothing he could do. No matter what, she had belonged to him and he had an edge over the other younger ones.

L.Joe helped Mi Hye cover up whenever she wanted to go and find Jaejoong and have their ocassional escapades. His heart ached everytime he did so. How much did he want to pull her back and tell her not to go. But he had to maintain the big brotherly image he had in her heart, for he knew it was important that she had someone to go to when she met with trouble.

Mi Hye was hopping happily as always with L.Joe walking patiently beside her. Her bag slipped off her shoulders and L.Joe pushed it back up.

"Don't go hopping all around. You're a human not a rabbit." L.Joe gently chided.

Mi Hye pouted. "But I'm happy!"

L.Joe smiled. These genuine smiles were more and more frequent these days.

"Why?" He asked, interested, handing her her lecture notes that she forgot.

"Tonight, I have a secret date with Jaejoong sinseh!" she whispered gleefully.

L.Joe's face fell and he tried hard to keep the smile on his face. "I'll have to cover up for you again?" he asked softly.

Mi Hye pleaded with her big puppy eyes. "PLEASE BYUNGHUN HYUNG~~~ I've only had so little time with Jaejoong. I wanna meet him more." she whined.

L.Joe gave in. After all, what defenses did he have against her?

"Thank you Byunghun Hyung! You're the best hyung anyone could have!" Mi Hye cheered.

L.Joe smiled bitterly. *I'll do anything to get rid of that title.*

 

Mi Hye went to the meeting place, the park, early. She was extremely excited even though there was nothing interesting she and Jaejoong could do except for talking and walking.

They could not go on proper dates for fear that other students may recognize them. But nevertheless, Mi Hye was satisfied with these short and rare meetings.

Jaejoong was already there, with one of his hands in his pocket. *He's early again.* Mi Hye smiled.

When she went near, she could hear him talking on the phone. His voice was urgent and depressed, filled with overwhelming emotion.

Mi Hye's ears pricked up.

"I understand Omonim." Jaejoong said solemnly. "I am everything she has now. But I didn't expect Tiffany to contract this sort of...disease."

Mi Hye froze.

Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang. The girl that stole Jaejoong's heart even before she could. The girl that managed to become Jaejoong's first love. The girl that  decided to go abroad, leaving Jaejoong because her parents did not approve of their relationship.

Their relationship ended not because they wanted to. They were still deeply in love until the last moment.

Did Jaejoong still love her? Mi Hye was sure he did, even if it were a small part of him. He had spent so many days telling her about how fabulous Tiffany was, and Mi Hye had beared all those times with an aching heart.

Now Tiffany was back?

Jaejoong got off the call and turned. He was startled to see Mi Hye standing behind him. "M-Mi Hye ah." he called hesitantly.

"What happened to Tiffany?" Mi Hye got to the point.

Jaejoong lowered his gaze. "She's got brain cancer." he whispered, his voice cracking.

Mi Hye winced. "You're going to go back to her." Mi Hye stated, not asked.

She knew, that with the existing love Jaejoong had, the kindness he possessed, the sense of responsibility he had, there was no way he could continue on with life like nothing happened.

"Mi Hye ah.." Jaejoong reached out for her.

"Who do you love, Jaejoong oppa?" Mi Hye asked, searching his eyes. "Me or Tiffany?"

Jaejoong was stunned for a moment. "... Of course I love you. I'm your boyfriend right?"

Mi Hye bit her lips and blinked away her tears. "But there's a part of you that still loves Tiffany isn't it?" she asked softly.

Jaejoong could not deny. He frowned and pulled Mi Hye into his arms. "Mi Hye ah.." he softly called.

Mi Hye closed her eyes and enjoyed his embrace for the last time. "Go back to her oppa. She needs you." she said gently. "She's where you belong, not with me. I'm at least glad that we have this short time together."

Jaejoong could not do anything but hug her tighter. He felt blessed to have such an understanding girlfriend.

*I hope you'll be happy oppa.* Mi Hye bit her lips, controlling her tears.