The Evening Of

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Lee Household - 20:00

“Omma, you will keep us informed right?” Baekhyun asked as Song Gaelin and Ren made ready to leave.

“Of course.” Gaelin allowed Tanaka to slip on her coat and he pressed her shoulders reassuringly, “Off to battle with you then.” He whispered. He stopped beside Ren and also helped her.

“I know, keep the President safe.” Ren smiled up at the butler.

“I was going to say keep yourself safe.” Ren’s eyes widened with pleasure.

Gaelin turned to her family and friends, “I will try my best to bring that girl back. But it is best if you all remain here. We do not know what this Madame has planned.”

“Still okay for her to go off like this?” Hoseok whispered to Soo-hyuk. His friend was looking a little pale. “Maybe you have some last words you want to say?”

“Why last words?” Soo-hyuk glanced down at Hosoek, “Is there something you’re not telling me?”

Hoseok looked straight ahead. “Be safe you two.” He called out. Then Gaelin and Ren stepped into the elevators and the doors closed.

“What an anti-,” Sehun muttered as they all stood around the entrance hall.

“It will be fine,” Kris said beside him. "Your mother knows what she is doing. It's better that everything is calm like this." 

“Dinner is served.” Tanaka announced, “Please everyone move into the main dining room. We will be eating inside today.”

Kris hesitated and felt his phone in his pocket. What should he do about those messages he saw? Song Gaelin was off on some goose chase. The Madame obviously had something else planned and it involved Lee Sung-kyung. He glanced at his watch, 8 pm. At midnight, Sung-kyung ssi would walk straight into a trap.

“Why are you so sulky?” Hosoek whispered to Taehyung. “I can understand him.” They both glanced across the table at Soo-hyuk, sitting at the head of the table with a scowl on his face. Taehyung was silent and pushed his rice around, “Is this about Jungkook ssi?” Taehyung inhaled sharply, “And how you’re afraid you’re going to lose your best friend?”

“He’s a traitor.” Taehyung said under his breath, “We are dealing with a crisis and he went off on a date.”

“With the woman he loves,” Hosoek said, “Thought Jungkook ssi does not know it yet.” Taehyung’s shoulder’s slumped, “He will forgive you.”

“You don’t know Jungkook ssi. Not like I know him. He holds onto things.”

“But I know you. Kid…” Hoseok placed his hand over Taehyung’s to stop him from demolishing his fish. “Anyone who stays angry at you is a fool.”

“Hyung, aren’t we rivals?”

“That would mean we have something to actually figh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter