Sunday Lunch

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone - thank you for the new subs. Hope you are enjoying the story so far. This is a bit of a long one but the important part is at the end. 

Kris rode up the elevator to the Lee Apartment. It was naturally the last three floors of the building that Lee Corp owned. Nervous didn’t begin to describe how he felt. He would meet Arran again.  He would meet all of them for the first time. People he had only seen in pictures and surveillance footage. What would come from this first encounter, he didn’t know. The doors opened and a smartly dressed man in a black suit and welcoming face was there to greet him. “Mr Wu, welcome to the Lee Household.”

Tanaka, he had heard so much about the Lee Butler. He didn’t think he would ever come into contact with him. Kris looked around the impressive foyer. “You can wear your shoes on this floor,” Tanaka told him.

“Thank you.” Kris bowed and continued to study the family portraits, the large bouquets of flowers and the smell of home cooked food filtering out of the kitchen. Everything was spic and span, the furniture and Edwardian tiles shone. Butlers carried out trays of drinks and entrées.

Tanaka smiled as he watched the boy. “Please follow me. Jongin ssi is expecting you. Everyone is out on the terrace.” Kris nodded as they turned left and walked down a wide hallway to where a set of French floor to ceiling doors stood open. He could hear laughter and conversation. These were happy people. As he stepped outside the warmth of the sunshine momentarily blinded him and then he was overwhelmed by the number of people. He counted seventeen people, but there was no Arran or Minah. Sung-kyung had pretty much hidden in her room the entire weekend as well.

“You must be close to our Jongin, he doesn’t invite anyone home.” Tanaka was saying.

“Am I really the first?” Kris was surprised but also felt privileged.

“Kris hyung!” It was Baekhyun who spotted him first and hurried over with a bright smile on his face, “You made it!” Kris smiled at the younger boy and felt instantly welcomed.

“Can I offer you anything to drink?” Tanaka motioned for a server to come over, “We have non-alcoholic cocktails, freshly pressed fruit juices, sodas, coffees, teas.”

“I’ll have a green juice,” Kris ordered as Baekhyun pulled him over to where everyone sat around a large table.

Jongin rose from his chair and clapped Kris on the back. “Everyone.” The table turned interested eyes their way, “This is the friend I was telling you about.”

Kris bowed and formally introduced himself. “He’s cute.” He heard a woman comment. This was Lee Jiyeon, Lee Soo-hyuk’s sister and Chen and Chanyeol’s mother. He blushed as everyone stared at him.

“Shall we sign him up before another agency grabs him?” Taehyung asked Jungkook.

“Hyungs a basketball player, remember?” Baekhyun corrected the table. “Sorry samchon, but he’s not interested in being an idol.”

“Kid, can you sing?” Taehyung called out and Kris didn’t know how to respond. There were so many people but then he saw them. Lee Soo-hyuk, Song Gaelin.

Gaelin caught him staring and smiled warmly. “Welcome to our home. Please don’t mind everyone and feel comfortable.” Jongin guided Kris round the table and introduced everyone. What Jongin didn’t know was that Kris already knew every single person here.

Finally, he was seated in between Jongin and his uncle Jungkook. 

“So you go to school with this bunch?” Soo-hyuk studied the boy. He really did have a good face and built and was just as tall as he was.

“Yes, President.” Kris bowed. Soo-hyuk chuckled and Kris hoped he hadn’t said anything wrong. He was too nervous. His hands were all sweaty and he didn’t feel like himself.

“I hear you’re a good basketball player,” Jungkook mentioned. “Do you want to concentrate on that?”

“I would love to but I might have to go into the family business.”

“And what do your parents do?” Yoongi asked.  

“Entertainment President, we specialise in amusement parks, entertainment experiences but mostly in China.”

“It’s a growing market.” Hoseok commented to the table, “It’s good that you are thinking about your options. Nothing wrong with sticking with the family business, but if you’ve got a natural talent then I think you need to consider exploring that as well.”

“What about me then?” Baekhyun piped up from down the table. Sehun shook his head. This was bound to turn into an argument.

“We’ll talk about you later.” Taehyung patted Baekhyun’s back, “let other people have a chance huh?”

“Look who’s talking,” Jungkook teased.

“Yah!” Taehyung rose from his seat and Jungkook couldn’t help but laugh.

 “Your juice sir.” A butler set the juice on the table. “Today’s menu.” He handed Kris a piece of crisp white paper with options for three courses. It was an impressive estab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter