Like Old Times

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finite played host to the Consortium that night. The rooftop bar was closed off to the public and guests as Baekhyun’s family and friends converged on the popular location to celebrate his success. Finite staff with only a couple of hours to work with had transformed the rooftop spot into a soccer themed event. There were even screens with clips of Baekhyun’s performances on the pitch from the time he was a child to the trials that had taken place only days ago. Drinks flowed, music boomed from a popular DJ, people laughed and danced. Everyone celebrated. Hoseok had spared no expense to make sure the event was fitting.

 Kai stepped out of the car and buttoned his blazer and then helped Arran out. Her dress was elaborate and over the top but what did he expect from his sister? Arran swept her hair back and smiled as people stared at them. Sehun was holding the long train of Arran's dress as he stepped out of the car. He was extra careful as he set the soft material on the ground.  Chen and Chanyeol approached with Minah and Kyungsoo and they walked in together. Arran loved the attention as people stared at them. They made a good looking group. Julian approached and led them to the private elevator. “Your parents are here and so are the chairmen.” He informed them. “Baekhyun is getting ready in the Lee suite.” They entered the elevator and Arran felt her pulse race. Was Kris here yet? What would he say when he saw her?

There were so many people at the event but Arran didn’t care as Kai and Sehun took her hands and led her outside. “This is amazing!” Minah yelled over the music. The kids bowed to their parents and grandparents.

“Let’s dance.” Chanyeol pulled Kyungsoo to the dancefloor and the others followed. Kai spun Arran around and she laughed happily. A popular song played and they all tried to imitate the moves. Minah and Arran covered their mouths and giggled at their oppas as they showed off their moves. “Don’t forget about me!” Baekhyun crashed into the middle of their circle and they all rushed forward and hugged him. Everyone stopped what they were doing to congratulate him.

“It’s nice that we could do this before that meeting,” Hoseok mentioned.

“I agree.” Soo-hyuk smiled fondly at the children, “They are very happy right now. I’m sorry that it will all end on a bitter note.”

“We don’t have to worry about that now.” Yoongi said, “Let’s just celebrate Baekhyunah.”

“I agree,” Taehyung said and stepped up on the podium. He was playing host tonight. “Welcome everyone!” he greeted. “We are here to celebrate Lee Baekhyun. Baekhyun ssi can you join me on stage?” Baekhyun was all smiles as he joined his uncle on stage, “Baek, we’re a little confused, why are we here again?” Everyone laughed, “Baekhyun ssi has been accepted to the best football academy in the country.” Taehyung applauded, and everyone cheered, “When I found out the news and we started planning this last minute event, I asked this kid who he wanted to speak for him and he said there’s a lot of people who can speak for me but there’s one person I want to hear from.” Everyone was silent.

“Does he mean appa?” Arran whispered to Sehun and Kai.

“Maybe omma?” Kai shrugged.

“Can Lee Jongin please come up on stage?” Taehyun announced and Kai froze.

“Go on you fool!” Sehun pushed Kai forward. Kai was embarrassed and trying to figure out what he would say. He was going to kill his brother. Taehyung handed Kai a mic, “This is Baekhyun’s older brother.” Taehyung said, “I’m sure he needs no introduction but our Jongin ssi likes to watch quietly from the sidelines so we are anticipating his speech.”

Kai scowled at his uncle, “Um, hello everyone…” he glanced back at Baekhyun who shook his head. Kai turned to face the audience, “Samchon is right. As far as big speeches go, my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter