Afternoon Tea

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for the new subs and also the comments! 

Kris immediately approached Kai when he appeared on the terrace. “Everything okay?”

Kai clapped him on the back, “Yeah of course. Congratulations for making it this far. Have something to eat and follow the schedule and you just might make it out of here in one piece.” Kai motioned for Arran, “Arran help Kris ssi.” Arran was all smiles as she led Kris to the buffet table.

“So?” Kyungsoo asked when Kai  approached his group. “What did your father say?”

“We should act normal. This weekend is about making sure that Kris is acknowledged as Woo heir.”

“What about that strange woman he met in the woods?” Chanyeol argued, “His aim was to get inside the consortium.”

“We all know there’s nothing he can do about the consortium.” Baekhyun glared across the room at Kris, “Appa is the leader of the consortium.”

“So all he has to do is bide his time until the Golden Quill competition.” Kyungsoo sighed, “What a conniving…”

“When the time comes – I will win the Golden Quill. That is my destiny.” Kai was serious.

“Are you sure this time?” Chen was sceptical, “You can’t keep changing your mind…”

“I won’t. More than anything I want to protect what is ours.” Kai was firm.

“So we do nothing in the meantime?” Sehun shook his head, “I don’t like that idea.”

“Keep an eye on him.” Kai decided, “be subtle about it. I don’t want him to realise that we’re on to him.”

Everyone agreed and finally sat down to eat lunch.

While Kris met with the Chairmen, Kai snuck up a plate for Sung-kyung. “How did it go?” she asked as she ate.

“I showed my dad the clip.”

“And what did he say?” Kai shrugged and disappeared into the bathroom. Sung-kyung tried to concentrate on the TV but she was acutely aware that Kai was changing. Glancing toward the dressing room, she saw him shirtless. Going red in the face she quickly turned away and tried to suppress the wild thoughts.  

Kai came back into the room dressed in a new suit. He looked hot. Her heart raced and felt like it was trying to force its way out of her body.

“I’m heading back out there.” He glanced her way as he put his watch on, “You gonna be okay up here?”

“Too much time to think about Emi.” She admitted, “I wish there was something I could do.”

Kai picked up his mobile and called Sehun. A moment later Sehun knocked on the door. “Give Sung-kyung an update”

“Last night Oracle together with their contacts at the police, conducted a raid of Club X. It was shut down and Max hyung managed to get all the data duplicated and moved to Oracle. Mr S is helping the analyst team go over all the info. They are working hard to find your sister.”

Sung-kyung stood and silently embraced Sehun. He patted her back and smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter