The Morning After

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soo-hyuk opened his eyes and stared up at the ceiling. He was alone in his room. He turned and cried into the pillows. Gaelin had left him.

There was a knock on the door and Namjoon entered. Soo-hyuk lay still and pretended to be asleep. “President.” Namjoon hesitated and then he stepped further into the room. “It’s breakfast time. The children are down already.”

“I won’t have breakfast today,” Soo-hyuk turned over. “Besides you all have me on a diet.”

Namjoon drew back the curtains and let light into the room, “I know it’s hard but the kids found it in themselves to make it down.” Namjoon said.

“You work for me don’t you?” Soo-hyuk asked, “If you still want a job then off.” He said harshly.

Namjoon stood still in the middle of the room and watched this once proud man, just crumble. “You know it’s hard for all of us.” he began.

“Yah!” Soo-hyuk sat up, “So its hard for you? Do you know how long I loved her? Do you know that we were meant to be? From my first breath, I was hers.”

“Good you can sit up then.” Namjoon pulled the covers off the bed.

“It’s day one you bastard.” Soo-hyuk buried his head in the pillows. “Will no one understand what I am going through?”

“This whole household understands President. Right now, Chairwoman Song is also waking with the knowledge that her daughter is gone, but you have three kids down there that need you. Arran is still in the hospital and you will need to speak to her today. So yes, you need to get up and put on a suit. I will force you.”

“You’re fired.” Soo-hyuk swore, “You hear me? You’re fired.”

“Then I am fired. But you will still wake up and bath and put on a suit. I will force you otherwise and you know I don’t mind a man.”

Soo-hyuk actually blushed as he stalked passed Namjoon and into his bathroom.

Kai stared at the toast on his plate and reached for the butter but clumsily dropped the jar on the floor. He felt separated from his body. He kept remembering the harsh words he had said to his mother. 

“Allow me,” Tanaka bent and picked up the butter.

His mother loved butter. She always tried to stay away from it, but she always lost the battle. How funny, that he should remember all those little things now. “Hyung…” Kai felt tears in his eyes but then he saw Sehun and Baekhyun looking at him. He cleared his face. “Some jam please.”

“Of course,” Tanaka pressed his shoulder encouragingly and called for jam.

Taehyung stared down at his omelette and forced himself to eat it. Beside him, Jungkook also ate his breakfast. “Can we talk?”

“No,” Taehyung said. “I’ve asked Ren to look into how we can dissolve the business. Let’s wait for that.”

“I didn’t know.” Jungkook tried to reason.

“I thought you’d use the night to make peace with the fact that you made a decision not to answer our calls.” Taehyung said, “It’s not your fault that she died, but you still ignored us. You did that. So move out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter