Lovers Meet

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun crept downstairs and made sure the coast was clear before he moved to his mother’s conservatory.

“Can I help you with something?” Sehun froze as someone spoke from the shadows and then his mother came into view. “What are you doing up this late?”

“I um…” Sehun racked his brain for an excuse. “I wanted to check if omma was awake.”

“I am…” Gaelin folded her arms across her chest, “Want to have a midnight snack with me?”

Sehun wanted to die. He had promised to meet up with the Madame and she was probably already on the way. “Actually, do you mind if we do that tomorrow?”

“I’m not in the habit of scheduling in midnight snacks. They’re best done at random.” Gaelin said. This punk was trying to get rid of her. He was down here because he was trying to access the service elevator. “Well, if you’re tired then go on to bed.”

Sehun turned, “Oh Sehunah before you go…” Sehun faced his mother, “We had some work done this weekend.”

“Work?”

“We finally sealed up that old service elevator.” Gaelin informed him with a straight face, “I don’t know why I didn’t take care of it earlier but it’s finally done. Isn’t that good news?”

Sehun paled, “Yeah, good news. Good night omma.”

“Wait,” Gaelin stopped him again, “Don’t I get a goodnight kiss?” Sehun kissed his mother on the forehead. “Omma is my favourite girl.” He said softly.

“Am I?” Gaelin clutched his arms, “You and I are the Song heirs. The only ones left after your grandmother. We have a responsibility to always put this Consortium first.”

“I know, but people can waver, right? Are you telling me you never wavered?”

Gaelin sighed, “I have wavered, once, and I was lucky your father took me back, I always came back.”

“And I will too.” Sehun said, “I promise you. I know I was born to stand at Kai’s side.”

“You are also entitled to your own happiness.”

“Then let me go.” Sehun stepped back, “I have someone who is waiting for me. Let me go to that person and then I promise that I will never waver again.”

Gaelin considered him, “How long do you plan to waver?”

“Not for long.” Sehun was hopeful.

“Fine, go on then.” Gaelin watched as Sehun ran down the hall. “Just come back to me.” She whispered as she called Ren, “Sehun is on the move. Have him followed but only intervene if his life is in danger.” Gaelin hung up and then immediately called Ren back, “Cancel the surveillance, this is my son and he’s entitled to some privacy. I will watch him.” Gaelin grabbed her coat.

Sehun entered the old site where Club X once operated from and walked down the dark passage. He could understand why the Madame wanted to meet here. This was where she felt safe. The place was so different now, gone were the bright lights and intimate meeting rooms, there were no smiling girls wearing masks and no patrons begging for attention. Sehun walked across the dance floor and stopped when music started to play. “I thought  you had stood me up.” The Madame said.

Sehun spun around, but couldn’t see her, “Why do women enjoy hiding in the shadows?”

“Because men take up all the light.”

“Don’t be afraid of me. You have been hiding for too long.” Sehun tried to find her in the darkness.

“I like hiding. It keeps me safe.”

“You are safe with me.”

“Am I? Don’t you hate me after what I did to your mother?”

“I do,” Sehun admitted, “But there’s also a part of me that is interested in you.”

“Because I touched you?” the Madame’s voice held laughter, “If I didn’t do that you wouldn’t care about me at all.”

“That’s how life works.” Sehun said, “Show yourself already!”

The Madame lifted the mask to her face and stepped out to meet him. “Here I am.”

“Take that off.” Sehun ordered, “I don’t hide from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter