Rescued - Injured - Saved

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Keep a low profile. Do as you’re told. Make the footballer fall in love with you and save the girl. Time to be a hero Sung-kyungah. Marching up to the front steps she stared up at the domineering building, took a deep breath and…”Whoa…” she screamed as a group of girls carrying hockey sticks streamed passed her and into the school.

“Watch it!” Sung-kyung forgot her manners and shoved girls with her elbows as she tried to keep her balance. A girl caught her leg with a stick and she went flying forward. Oh no, instant impact imminent, a broken nose, maybe teeth as well. Mission failure. “Help me…” she closed her eyes, “Help…help…" 

“Uhum,” a boy cleared his throat and she opened her eyes and there were those eyes. The ones that looked right through her and judged her. Lee Jongin and he was holding her – in his arms. 

Kai frowned, why did those eyes seem familiar. “You’re late.” He set her down on the steps.

“I…wait, what?”

“You’re late for first period.”

“I am?”

“You should also let go now,” he looked pointedly down to where she still clutched onto his blazer. Sung-kyung frowned at his shirt; it was so white, looked heavenly against his caramel skin. Kai raised a bemused brow, “Are you slow or something?”

“Isn’t that more your style,” she blurted out and then slapped a hand over . She had to remember not to reveal how much she knew about him.

Kai frowned, “I am your fan!” she exclaimed and then turned red. Aish, she shouldn’t have said that. As far as cover-ups went, it was pretty lame.

“God,” Kai shoved his hands into his pant’s pockets and looked to the field in the distance, “five laps.”

“Bwo?”

“You heard me super fan. Five laps around that field, now.”

“Did I say fan. I’m your anti-fan.”

“Ten laps.” Kai droned out.

“I will not…”

“Fifteen laps. Agassi have you learnt the point yet?” Kai waved her off, “I’ll know if you don’t do every single lap.”

Sung-kyung stormed off grumbling. Who did Mr Orange Juice think he was? If only he had remembered her, then she could have given him a real piece of her mind.  Sung-kyung you can do this. You promised Mr S that you would keep a low profile. Make the footballer fall in love with you and save the girl. Sung-kyung started to run. Maybe this wasn’t so bad. For once she was out in the open, no more hiding. An ordinary life.

“Watch out! Incoming!” The last thing Sung-kyung saw was the ball flying through the air and then darkness.

“Is she okay?” Baekhyun rushed over.

“Pabo, why did you kick the ball so far?” his teammate asked.

“I didn’t think anyone was around. We have the field for practice.”

“Agassi,” Baekhyun knelt beside the girl, “She’s pretty.”

“Is that all you can think of?”

“Urgh, my head.” Sung-kyung opened her eyes and met the bright smiling eyes of Lee Baekhyun.

“The footballer…” she mumbled and closed her eyes again.

Baekhyun snapped his fingers repeatedly in front of her eyes. “Agassi, Kwenchana?”

“Stop that,” she caught his hand and forced her eyes open again, “You’re making my head hurt.”

“I think she’s fine.” His teammate grinned relieved.

“Hey, the Coach says you should take the girl to the nurse's room.” Another boy came running up and they helped the girl into a standing position.

“I’m fine,” she pushed their hands away and swayed.

“Whoa there,” Baekhyun steadied her, “Agassi as Captain of the boy’s football team. I Lee Baekhyun will take responsibility for you.”

“Please don’t do anything more for me.” Sung-kyung rubbed her head.

“I insist.”

“I have to finish these laps.”

“Why are you running laps?”

“Because I was late and Mr…I mean the Student Body President said…”

Baekhyun laughed gleefully, “Agassi, you shouldn’t let that guy bully you.”

“But if I don’t run these laps then he will know and…”

“How many laps do you have to run?”

“Fifteen.”

“How many have you run already?”

“Six.”

Baekhyun clapped his hands, “Okay mission accept

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter