Malicious Intent

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris leaned back in his chair and smiled, he was happy with the background he had just completed for Lee Sung-kyung. There was no way she would be rejected from the Alphas now. Even if Oracle did the background check, they wouldn’t be able to break through his code. He stretched and then went to show Sung-kyung his handy work. Was he actually enjoying being needed? He knocked on her door but there was no answer. It was only 6:30 there was no way she was asleep. He knocked once more before he opened the door and found the room empty. Checking the rest of the house, he soon realised that she was not at home.

“What is it?” Mr S met him in the foyer.

“I am going out,” Kris said.

“Where?”

“Out.”

“Do you want me to drive you?” Mr S was shocked that he wasn’t being asked to at least drive.

“No, I’ll take my bike.”

“I don’t like you riding around on that thing. It’s dangerous and besides…”

“Mr S…I have survived all these years without any proper parenting. Please don’t overexert yourself.” Mr S watched as Kris leapt up the stairs to get ready. "Aish you punk, I’m asking because I at least thought we’re friends after all this time."

Kris stopped at the top of the stairs, "I'll take one of the cars." Mr S smiled, there was hope. Deep down Kris had a good heart.

 

Sung-kyung wanted to go home. This was a terrible idea. The house was overrun with adolescents drunk and acting out. There were people openly making out or stumbling around. The booze flowed, the music pumped, and people were in full party mode. The weekend was here and with no adult supervision anything could happen. Sung-kyung tried to keep an eye on Minah and Arran but the minute they arrived Joo Sejin had latched onto Arran. He had already tried to get Arran to drink something but luckily the girl was firm in her resolve not to drink alcohol. Just like Mr orange juice. Right about now she wouldn't mind if Lee Jongin was here. 

An hour passed and she kept looking at her watch, “Its boring here, let's go back to your hotel.” She told Minah, “Finite is much better than this place.”

Minah rolled her eyes, “We can’t leave now. Don’t you see Arran warming up to Sejin ssi?”

“He’s a scumbag and you know it. Why would you even want your best friend to go out with someone like that?”

“It’s just harmless fun besides Arran is so wound up, she needs some freedom.”

“These guys are far more experienced that Arran or you.”

“And what would you know about it?” Minah turned to study her.

Sung-kyung bit her lip, she couldn’t reveal too much. Minah was still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter