The Morning Of

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's operations day. Everyone is nervous and on edge. I too had a restless night and kept thinking of what would happen. We all wanted Lee Sung-kyung's sister to be safe but we also knew there was more to this operation. Oracle needed to capture this Madame and put an end to her vendetta against the Golden Quill Consortium. 

 

The Morning of the Operation - Saturday 

06:00 am – Oracle

Sung-kyung stared up at the ceiling and thought about what the day would bring. Would she meet her sister again? Would it be as easy as going to the factory and saving Emi?

Oracle was conducting their own operation but Sung-kyung couldn’t trust them. The mysterious messenger had warned her against them and Sung-kyung didn’t have any reason to doubt the messenger who seemed to care more for her sister.

 

07:00 – Jung Estate

They ate their breakfast in silence. Sarang looked around the table and noticed that her children seemed quieter than usual.

“Who’s interested in going to New York to visit Taeyoon?” she tried to break the uncomfortable silence. “Julian, would you take a look at everyone’s schedule?”

“I can’t leave,” Kyungsoo told his mother. There were too many things he needed to sort out. Today was dedicated to rescuing Lee Sung-kyung sister and then after that…he shook his head trying to shake of the anger he had felt when he found Kim Sana’s empty suite.

“But as soon as you finish the exams, you’ll have a long holiday and you’ve already been accepted to the university in England.” His mother protested.

“I also can’t leave,” Minah mumbled. She was thinking of Chen. No way was she going to leave Seoul when Chen was still angry at her. Minah was most afraid that he might find someone else in her absence.

“Not you too.” Sarang looked at Hosoek for some help but he was also distracted. “Kids, your sister is missing us and she can’t leave her studies at the moment.”

“Maybe later.” Kyungsoo said and met Minah’s eyes, “We are spending the day at the Lee Household.”

“Kids!” Sarang protested, “I don’t get a lot of time at home. Can’t we spend the day together?”

“Maybe tomorrow.” Hoseok answered for the children, “I’ll also be out most of the day.” He nodded at Julian and they left the table.

Sarang looked around the empty room and sighed dejectedly. Sometimes being married to this consortium was a very lonely business.

 

07:30 – Min Estate

“I want you guys to remain at the Lee Household until we receive word from Oracle that this whole business is over with,” Yoongi instructed his children.

“It’s all so scary.” Lee Jiyeon shivered as she slipped on her coat, “It feels wrong for me to be heading off to some shoot when there’s a kidnapped girl out there.”

“There’s nothing you can do anyway.” Yoongi assured her, “And I’d feel better knowing you’re as far away from this as possible.”

“You kids need to promise to let your aunt handle this.” Jiyeon turned to Chen and Chanyeol, “No matter what happens – this is not the time to be heroes okay?”

They nodded and she hugged and kissed them.

“Omma, it will be fine. We will all meet at the Lee Household this evening and celebrate the return of Sung-kyung ssi’s sister.” Chen promised his mother.

“Yes, then this whole ordeal will be behind us.” Jiyeon left feeling much better.

“I hate to lie to your mother like that,” Yoongi told his sons as they hopped in the car and headed over to the Lee’s.

“But she will worry too much.” Chanyeol finished for his father, “It’s better like this.”

“It does feel strange to carry on with our day while the guys from Oracle are risking their lives.” Chen said, “It makes me feel very inadequate.”

“You are not trained for this sort of situation,” Yoongi told his son. “I’m afraid it’s a waiting game.”

 

08:00 – Lee Household

“I swear I found nothing on the Oracle system,” Sehun told Kai for what felt like the hundredth time. Even after Kai had made him go into the Oracle system, his brother was still insisting that something was wrong with the plan to rescue Emi.

“It just feels off.” Kai continued as they walked down to breakfast. Arran and Baekhyun were already in the morning room with Namjoon, Taehyung and Jungkook.

“Oppa, I heard you invited that girl to the party last night.” Arran accused and touched her arm, hoping to make her brother feel guilty.

“Are you telling me that Kim Sana managed to hurt the daughter of Song Gaelin?” Kai didn’t believe Arran for one minute. This was just Arran being jealous. “Do me a favour and stop leading Jung Kyungsoo on. We all know who you have our sights set on.”

Arran blushed furiously.

“He’s right you dummy.” Sehun smacked her lightly on the head and sat beside Taehyung. “What’s your plans for the day hyung?”

“I refuse to hide out here waiting for news on the kidnapping situation.” Taehyung said, “So I’m spending the day with Jungkook ssi.”

“Bwo?” Jungkook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter