Gotcha!

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris was all packed and ready to meet the others at the airport. It had been a rush what with school and having to prepare for this trip. “What do you expect me to do the whole weekend?” The Madame asked.

“Whatever psycho es do in their free time,” Kris muttered as he left last instructions with Tao.

“I know you said you’re going to the Min Lake House, but I checked and it's very close to where Lee Sung-kyung lives.” The Madame said.

“So?” Kris stepped outside. The driver was loading his bags into the boot.

“You’re not planning to side with that little traitor are you?”

“I’m already a traitor so what difference will it make?” Kris waved before he got into the car, “God. I need this break.”

The Madame watched the car drive off, “What are your plans?” she asked Tao.

“Whatever they are, they don’t include you.” He left her standing on the porch. Suddenly she felt very lonely. Most of her team were either sitting in jail after the raid on Club X or in hiding. There was nothing much for her to do until the Consortium meeting took place.

At Oracle the feed from the Woo Estate was being fed through the servers and transferred to a small surveillance room. One man scanned through all the footage during the day and reported anything of interest to Ren.

He had been watching the house for two weeks now with nothing to report, until that moment.

“Call Ren,” he shouted and then realised he was alone. He picked up the phone and called the executive floor, “Tell Ren, that I found the Madame. Yes, I’m staring at her right now.” He hung up and brought the footage up on the big screen, “finally.” 

 

The Min Lake House was just as impressive as the other houses that the Consortium owned but not because it was huge or overbearing.

 

 

Kris liked this place because part of it was built over a lake and seemed to be out of a fairy tale. The walls were covered with thick creepers, now dead in the winter and large trees flanked the house on either side. He liked how private it seemed and also how homely. It wasn’t as overbearing as the other country houses.

“Let’s get you settled in.” Chen gave him a tour, “Since it’s your first time here, I wanted to give you the best room in the place. Well, the best room after my parents. That’s off bounds even when they’re not in residence.”  Chen led him upstairs and to the last room, “Well what do you think?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter