Whisperings

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So you’ve had a brief taster of the three main households featured in my story. Together with the Song and Woo Households they made up a Consortium that worked together for the better of each other.

We really begin our story with Jongin. This guy seriously was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. From the time he was a child everyone worshipped him. Jongin was the Lee Heir. He would go on to take over his father’s business and it was expected that he'd one day win the Golden Quill. It was all decided even before he was born.

What if you had it all? I mean everything money could buy. A beautiful family that was willing to do anything for you and amazing friends who could always be relied on.

What more could a guy ask for?

It was the whispers that got to him. Did they know he could hear them? It wasn’t the guys so much but the girls who seemed to follow him with their eyes. It was creepy. It was not like he wore a different uniform every day, he styled his hair in exactly the same way, always wore his shirt tucked in and his tie perfectly straight. He looked exactly the same. Still – the stares, boring into his back. It had taken a lot of practice to walk down the corridors, concentrate in class, just go about his daily routine, all the while pretending not to notice people were talking about him.

“Don’t you ever get tired of it?” he asked Baekhyun.  His brother leaned back and turned his face to the sun. They were sitting on the lawns during lunch. Kai looked around and sighed. It was really too claustrophobic even outside. 

Baekhyun noticed female students sitting on blankets, “Ah,” he laughed sheepishly, “Aren’t you used to it?” he waved at the girls sitting closest to them.

“Please don’t encourage them.” Kai concentrated on a patch of grass as Baek smiled again at a pair of girls. 

Baekhyun pressed Kai’s shoulders, “Hyung, don’t be so stiff. Embrace your gifts.” Baekhyun continued, “You see when our incredibly beautiful mother and our devilishly handsome father made us, they brought the best genes possible together. It was like an explosion of awesomeness.” Kai shoved him off, not at all in the mood to talk about this, “So that’s why we have this problem.” Baekhyun motioned to his face and then Kai’s.

“So according to your logic, it’s omma and appa's fault?”

“Aish that’s so not what I’m saying. Listen hyung, you have to own it. I Don’t understand why you walk around like Jang-hyuk’s character in Ordinary Man.  People are scared of you.”

“I’ll leave you to bask in your own glory then.”  Kai stalked off. 

There he goes being all scary again, "hey, you’re going to be at the game right?” Baekhyun called after him. Kai waved his hand, dismissing his brother’s plea.

Heading back inside, Kai decided to make the rounds of the roof. There were always some punks up there doing all sorts of nonsense. If he didn’t check, then no one would. It came with the responsibility of being the Student Body President.

Shoving his hands into his pockets he walked out on the roof and enjoyed the fresh air and calm. The roof really had the best view of the school. From here he could see the lake and the lawns but Baekhyun was too far away to spot from this height. Turning Kai caught sight of a student’s blazer. It was brown coloured and so most likely first years not affiliated to any of the school’s clubs. Marching purposefully forward, he had every intention of reprimanding them but the group’s conversation stopped him. They were talking about some new club. “It’s for students from prominent schools. Minjoo went last week. They have girls from other schools looking to get with rich guys.”

“Pathetic,” another boy snickered, “but might be worth checking out. I was getting tired of the Club.”

“What’s wrong with the Club?” the first boy asked.

“We see our family members all the time!” a third boy whined. “It’s not exactly a place we can be free. My dad gets a report of what I do at the Club. How much food I order. Some waiters even report on who I speak to. I said hi to a new waitress and my mother got her fired. Afraid I'm gonna get some nobody pregnant.”

"Your omma is running out of white envelopes." his friend teased. 

"Whatever." 

“Okay, so we will check out this new place?” The boys all agree

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter