Chen's Pain

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That little minx.” Minah ran her hands through her hair in frustration. Chen lay down on his bed and stared up at the ceiling, “Are you listening to me?”

“Not really.” Chen was thoughtful as he remembered Lee Sung-kyung and how sweet she had been. She didn't even get a chance to eat those cupcakes. Stupid Sehun. 

“What are you thinking about?” Minah pushed his foot with her knee.

“What if I told you I was thinking about that girl?” Chen didn’t meet her eyes, “That it was nice to have someone smile and laugh and be so soft.”

Minah bit her lip, “I didn’t mean to hurt her.” Chen didn’t respond, “Are you angry at me?”

He sighed and patted the bed and she came to lie beside him, “I am wondering if I want to continue with our little arrangement.”

“Because of that girl?” Minah pinched his cheek, “You’re not allowed to like other girls. I didn’t like it when you carried her off like that." 

“But you’re allowed to like Kai so openly and for everyone to see?”

“It’s the natural order of things.” Minah rested her head in the crook of his arm, “I will marry Kai and become the next head of the Lee Household. He will one day win the Golden Quill and take his father’s place. It was meant to be.”

“Hmm, and where does that leave me?” Chen was interested what role Minah thought he played in the rest of her fairy tale life. “Don’t you think it will be weird to marry Kai after carrying on with me for so long?”

“Well, this doesn’t count. Its just friends with benefits.” Minah tried to kiss him but Chen sat up and turned his back on her. “Oppa…”

“I’m not in the mood today. Maybe you should go home.”

“I don’t w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter