Mission Briefing II

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sung-kyung hadn’t seen Mr Wu the entire day after the incident at the coffee shop. Maybe he had business to attend to and that was why he had not responded to her texts. Mr S didn’t offer much information so she spent the rest of the day finishing off homework. It was very late when Mr Wu finally knocked on her bedroom door. He set a glass of freshly pressed orange juice on the table and crossed to the window.

“Where did you disappear to?” Sung-kyung demanded. Kris’s shoulders tensed but he didn’t answer, “I mean, it would have been nice if you at least responded. I was worried something might have happened to you.” She tried to explain.

Finally, Kris turned and met her eyes, “I had something to do for the Madame.” It was a lie but Sung-kyung didn’t need to know that.

“But you said you transferred to Oakland to help and the first time I needed help, you were awol.”

“I didn’t think I answered to you.” Kris was blunt, “I also had faith in your ability to handle a bunch of high school students.”

Sung-kyung opened and closed , he was right of course. There had been no real danger in the safety of the coffee shop but what about the party Sejin had invited them to tomorrow. When she explained as much, he didn’t seem concerned.

“Your efforts should be directed at getting Lee Jongin back to the club.” Kris  reminded.

“It doesn’t hurt to make friends with his sister.”

“Friends?” he scoffed, “Who said anything about making friends? You have a job to do.”

Sung-kyung went to bed with mixed feelings. It was getting harder to do this job, now that she was spending time with Jongin and his friends. Arran was also so friendly and Sung-kyung didn’t want anything bad to happen to her.  The same didn’t go for Jung Minah, that girl was trouble.

“So we need to get our stories straight about tonight.” Minah whispered conspiratorially. They were in the Alpha Clubhouse discussing that evening's mission to get to the party.

“How is this supposed to help me with Kris Wu?”

“When Kris ssi hears that you were at some party with another guy, he will automatically get jealous.”

“Why don’t you just spread the rumour without going to the party?” Sung-kyung suggested. 

“Who invited you?” Minah shot back, “This is the Alpha Clubhouse, meaning Alphas only.”

“I did and I am the President.” Arran was firm. Sometimes Minah needed to be shown who was in charge.

“Whatever,” Minah stood and started pacing as she tried to work out the plan for that evening, “So what should we tell our HMs?” Sung-kyung didn’t know what they we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter