Gift of Food

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dinner went off smoothly. Woo Minjae and Yerin or the chairmen knew nothing of the secret heir hiding upstairs on the third floor.

“Guys it’s so late! I’m sure Sung-kyung ssi is starving.” Baekhyun whispered to his brothers at the dinner table.

“She’s a big girl.” Kai said and then leaning toward them again, “Maybe we can sneak a plate up to her.”

“How?” Sehun whispered furiously, “Omma will kill us if we do anything to get caught.”

Namjoon sitting beside the other House Masters glared at them across the table. “Aish he knows us too well.” Baekhyun moaned. “But we can’t let her starve.”

“We haven’t eaten anything the whole day.” Sehun realised. Kai drummed his fingers impatiently on the table. He was trying to think and that’s when he saw her. His mouth dropped open when he saw Lee Sung-kyung dressed in a serving uniform carrying in a tray of food. Seeing them she tried to set the dish in front of them.

“What are you doing?” Kai demanded pretending like he was speaking to Sehun.

“Agassi did you eat yet?” Baekhyun whispered. Sung-kyung shook her head.

“I keep trying but they think I’m working and keep getting me to serve food.”

“Useless.” Kai muttered. “Get back upstairs and I will try and get you something.”

“You.” A housekeeper grabbed her by the elbow, “Are you bothering the young masters? Get back to the kitchen.” Kai started to stand but Sehun shook his head and Kai had no choice but to ignore the situation. It annoyed him to see her treated so roughly.

Gaelin smiled as she rounded the table. She stopped to speak to her mother and then Lee Soo-hyuk’s parents before slinging her arms around Baekhyun and Kai’s shoulders and resting her chin on Sehun’s shoulder. “Guys,” she spoke loosely, “That wasn’t your little friend dressed as a server right?”

“Ani,” Baekhyun always so quick, “Why would it be her?” he laughed nervously.

Gaelin dug her nails into her sons’ shoulders and they winced, “Good. I must have been seeing things. Because just in case it was her, then you’re all dead meat.” Her voice dropped to a threatening whisper. Rising she ruffled Sehun’s hair and then returned to her seat.

“What was that about?” Soo-hyuk asked his wife.

“Nothing too serious.” Gaelin said, “You should welcome everyone darling.”

Soo-hyuk cleared his throat and stood and everyone turned their attention to the head of the table. “Welcome everyone to this very special seating of the Golden Quill Consortium. I hope that this weekend we try to find solutions and strategies to strengthen what our ancestors and the current chairmen and woman,” he smiled at Song Minah “have worked so hard to build.”

Soo-hyuk lifted his wine glass, “Before we toast I also want to celebrate the next generation.” Kai met his father’s e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter