Parting Ways

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai met with Lee Taemin to say goodbye. Taemin was being transferred to the Lee Corp branch in Singapore. He was to take on a new job and his studies would be transferred to a university there.

“Somehow I feel that if I hadn’t made a move Jug Kyungsoo wouldn’t be in a coma right now.” He told Kai. A part of Kai felt the same way but he knew that the driver was trying to protect them. “How is Jung Kyungsoo?”

“He is still in a coma but he is stable.”

Taemin looked pained. “That is something I will have to live with. I am just glad you’re safe.”

“Be well,” Kai said.

“Just promise that you will not forget your promise to me,” Taemin said. “One day you will be President of Lee Corp. You will have the power to reverse this. Bring me back home.”

Kai stuck out his hand, “I won’t forget it.”

Jung-hyun stayed by his daughter’s side and only left for short periods to have a wash and change. He had his meals with her and read to her. His Yoonah was different, she was not the smiling child he had carried on his shoulders. He barely recognised her.

“I wish you would be happy that you’re alive.”

“What is there to be happy about?” she snapped, “have you seen me? I can’t move my legs.”

“The doctor said you could walk again with proper rehabilitation.”

“In Japan?” Yoonah had been awake when Ren had explained the Consortiums decision to send her away to some nut house.

“It will be hard, but I believe it is a good deal. Yoonah you will be sent to jail if we stay here. We have no choice in the matter.”

“And what will happen to the man who shot me?” she demanded. “I bet he got a promotion.”

“If you call being sent abroad. Being forced to leave your home and family.” Jung-hyun sighed, “I don’t want to argue about this. You know the truth of the matter. You did this to yourself.”

“Appa!” Yoonah’s bottom lip trembled, she hated that he had to see her like this. There were some things your parents should never know about their children. Her scheming had been exposed. Yoonah could see how disappointed he was. “I did it for my mother. Not that you care. I see how you look at Song Gaelin. It’s embarrassing.”

“Yoonah!” Jung-hyun blushed. “You don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Do you even love Omma?”

“I will always love your mother, but I also care for Song Gaelin.”

“Tell Lee Soo-hyuk that.”

“I don’t want to discuss this with you. It’s not like anything will change.”

“Exactly! That’s why I made it my mission to make them change and I have. Jung Kyungsoo is in a coma. They will forever regret what they did to omma.”

Jung-hyun sighed heavily. A knock on the door thankfully interrupted the conversation. Sehun and Miranda entered and bowed at Jung-hyun. Yoonah abruptly looked away.

“Could we speak to Yoonah ssi?” Miranda asked.

Jung-hyun looked in two minds, “It’s fine. We might as well get it over and done with.” Yoonah answered for him.

“I’ll be outside.” Jung-hyun left and closed the door.

Yoonah eyed the pair, “You two together now or something?”

Miranda smiled softly and Yoonah glared out the window. How fitting, her dead husband’s sister had stolen Sehun from her. “You’re welcome to him. He’s too much of a mama’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter