Picnic

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai glances at his watch, okay Sung-kyung should arrive soon. Everything was set for their night picnic. It was definitely cheesy but he wanted to do something special for Sung-kyung. He had made her life so difficult and had judged her wrongly. This was his way of making it up to her. He had worked out a deal with the security at the school, and they would have the rose garden to themselves.

Tanaka had really outdone himself with the picnic basket filled with the butler’s best delicacies. Kai wasn’t sure what Sung-kyung liked but there would be plenty of time to find out. Strange he had thought she’d be here by now. It was already nearing 08:15.

Kai sat on the blanket and tried to call Sung-kyung but she didn’t answer his call. Kai sent her a message but it went unread. Maybe she was on her way. 08:45 – was he being stood up? Kai hadn’t been on dates before, he’d never been interested romantically in girls before, and surely this couldn’t be happening? When 09:00 arrived he still didn’t give up. He would wait a little longer; maybe she thought he’d said 09:00. His chest felt tight and his heart raced uncomfortably. This feeling, it was heartbreak or humiliation or both. Kai handed the picnic basket the security before stepping into the waiting car, “Enjoy it and thanks for the help.”

“How was your evening Jongin ssi?” the driver asked as he glanced at Jongin through the review mirror.

“Not very good hyung.” Jongin sighed and stared out of the window, “Hyung…?”

“Mmm?” the driver raised a brow.

“Nothing…just thank you for picking me up. You never keep me waiting.” The driver smiled but sent a message up to Namjoon that the boy seemed upset.

“Hey kid,” Namjoon came out of his office as Kai entered the apartment, “how was your night?”

Kai scowled, why was everyone asking him that? It was like they knew he’d been stood up and just wanted to humiliate him. “I’m going to be.”

“Hold on a minute. I should fill you in on what’s been decided with Wu Yifan.”

“I don’t care!” Kai growled, “make him the next president of the Consortium for all I care. Then everyone can be happy and leave me alone!”

“Kai!” Namjoon is shocked. What happened to make the young man this angry? “If something has happened between you and Wu Yifan…”

“I’m so tired of Wu Yifan!” Kai bounds up the stairs an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter