One Last Mission

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi sat in his study and flipped through the pictures in his hand. Don’t do this. He felt tears form again and he reached for the bottle of whiskey. He picked up a picture of Gaelin and him. They were lying on the grass and laughing up at the camera. They must have been 8 at the time this was taken. He found a picture of a party. Gaelin was dressed in white, the most beautiful girl even at age 14. The most beautiful thing in the world was gone. Nothing would be beautiful again.

“It’s only 11:00.” Jiyeon entered the study and took a seat on the couch. “Gaelin wouldn’t want you to be like this.”

“Jiyeonah, you’re my wife and I love you but right now I want to be left alone.”

“Oppa, don’t be like this.” Jiyeon wiped away her tears, “The kids need us to be strong. I miss her too. Gaelin was like a sister to me.”

Yoongi threw back a shot and poured another, “I lost something. They lost an aunt and you a sister, but I lost my best friend. I was busy drinking tea while she was out there alone and scared. She must have been so afraid…” Yoongi broke down and cried.  

“How can you say that? If the kids hear you they’d be filled with guilt.” Yoongi raised his head and threw another shot back, “Let’s visit Soo-hyuk and the children today. I hear Hosoek oppa is already there.”

“No. I want to be left alone. I don’t want to see anyone and I’m not going to work tomorrow.”

“Soo-hyuk needs you.” Jiyeon tried to reason with her distraught husband, “My brother just lost his wife. Can’t you put yourself in his shoes?” Jiyeon stood, “I’m going over. Omma and Appa are going to meet me there.”

“I do know what he’s going through.” Yoongi muttered, “I knew her better than anyone. I was always the one to stand by her. I understood her and she understood me.”

Jiyeon sighed, “I will leave you to it then. But know this, I will not live with you and her ghost.”

“I wish she were a ghost. Then she could haunt me.” Yoongi dropped his head on the desk. “Please haunt me.” He whispered but Jiyeon heard and her face twisted in pain.

“I never thought I’d see the great and powerful Kim Taehyung in my humble home.” Han Sulli handed Taehyung the coffee “To what do I owe the pleasure? Is this about signing me to your company?”

“Cut the crap. I know who you are Ryu Hyeri.”

The woman actually had the audacity to look shocked. “I see, how long have you known?”

“I’ve always known.”

“I guess Song Gaelin needed the help. I didn’t want so many people to know.”

“Don’t you ever mention her name again.” Taehyung felt a sharp pain in his chest, “She did what you wanted and you came back to throw it in our faces.”

“I came back home.” Hyeri said, ‘Is that so wrong?”

“So what happened? You had your fun and then realised you had made a mistake?”

“Yes. I made a mistake. I should never have used your family’s money to run away from my problems. I should never have left Jungkook ssi.”

Taehyung set the cup down, “Then he’s all yours.”  Hyeri looked surprised and confused, “You should take him away. Maybe you two can make a life for yourselves.”

“I never thought I’d hear those words from you of all people.”

Taehyung shrugged, “I have no use for him. He wants to be with you and he made his choice.”

“Did you have a lover’s spat?” Hyeri still didn’t understand what was really going on here.

“Just take him and leave but if you hurt him, I will hunt you down myself.” Taehyung walked to the door. “Do it soon.”

“You love him don’t you?” Hyeri stopped him in the hallway, “Is that why you’re doing this?”

“Shut up.” Taehyung whispered, “You don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“That’s why you kept my secret for so long. You were happy to see me gone. You enjoyed being his only source of c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter