Discovered

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been tough, but Sung-kyung had managed to get through the first half of the school day without running into any more Consortium members. Now all she had to do was find a nice quiet spot to eat her lunch. Taking a peek into the cafeteria, she had quickly decided that she was not ready to face the whole school. Even the quaint café on the ground floor of the East Wing looked intimidating.

The map showed two more eating spots but they were probably just as crowded. The Clubhouses were located around the school and none so far had leapt out at her. There was a bridge club, various sports clubs, cheerleaders, art clubs, music and literary clubs. The Student Body Representatives Club was one to avoid as well. Mr S advised she join the Alphas but Sung Kyung wasn’t sure she met the requirements.

This was all a little hard to get to grips with. Until a couple of days ago, she had been working at Club X and trying to get her and Emi out the clutches of the Madame. Now, here she was trying to act like the average teenager. In truth, she was afraid of how thrilling the idea was. A normal life, a good school and not the useless one Mr S had forced them to attend. No doubt, the other girls would be calling her the Madame’s pet even more now.

It was important that she remember Emi – waiting for Sung-kyung to come for her. I cannot be taken in by this place, no matter how beautiful the people were and how glamorous the setting. But, there was a lake too! Seriously? This was truly the side that lived in the light. The lake was huge too. Sung-kyung pulled out her map and turned around. That was when she spotted the barn. Trying the door, it was open so she went inside.

It was a very neat barn with shelves and hay. No animals though, no people. Perfect. Closing the door she dropped her bag on an open bale and explored. Wah, this she was not expecting. There was a drum set and it looked pretty well taken care of. Maybe one of the groundskeepers had a hobby. Would they mind if she tried it out? Taking a seat she started to play a basic beat she had remembered.

“I .” She stared around the barn, “At least I found a good place to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter