Peaches

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why couldn’t Jongin be more like his father? Lee Soo-hyuk was the perfect gentleman. He made everyone feel safe and Sung-kyung wanted to be safe. Jongin had promised that she would be safe here but he lied. The images of him with Minah raced through her mind as she climbed a peach tree. Sung-kyung bit into the first peach and let the juices drip down her chin.

“Hey, you.” Sung-kyung looked down and saw Min Chen standing below the tree and looking up at her, “Space for one more?”

“Sure if a rich boy knows how to climb a tree?” she challenged and watched as he easily climbed up and sat on the opposite branch,

“Ah, this is nice.” Sung-kyung silently handed him a peach and they ate in silence, “Say, what are you doing here?”

“Lee Jongin brought me here.”

“Ah and I suppose that little stunt in the kitchen was a shock?” Chen grimaced. He was probably also remembering the kiss. “I know this probably doesn’t help but Lee Jongin doesn’t care about Jung Minah in that way.”

“How can you of all people be so calm?” Sung-kyung muttered, “Don’t you love her?”

Chen smiled softly, “Yes I do. But you’re no stranger to unrequited love either.”

“Aren’t you angry at Jongin ssi?”

Chen finished his peach and threw the pip an impressive distance. Sung-kyung handed him another one. “I can’t’ blame Kaiah. He never encouraged Minah. From the time she was a little girl, she heard stories about Song Gaelin and Lee Soo-hyuk. To her, they represented the fairy tales she read.”

“Is their love story that great?” Sung-kyung was interested.

“You should ask Kai to tell you some day.”

“I won’t forgive that guy.” Sung-kyung seethed.

Chen sighed, “Lee Soo-hyuk and Song Gaelin…where to even begin. It’s said that Song Gaelin was the most beautiful child you had ever seen. Her eyes were large, the shape of almonds, her hair dark and flowing, strong and rich like the hair of a wild stallion, red like that of blood on snow.” Sung-kyung listened captivated, “Lee Soo-hyuk was strong, determined, born a leader with a face that turned the heads of women twice his age. No matter where he went they said he was followed.”
“But…” Sung-kyung inched closer and hugged the trunk, resting her cheek against the rough bark.

“So the rumour goes that when she was a young girl she kissed Soo-hyuk on the cheek and from that moment on he saw no one but her. When the time came for Song Gaelin to be married to Woo Minjae, Lee Soo-hyuk manipulated his parents to ensure that he married Song Gaelin.”

“Why did he do that?” Sung-kyung felt a little sorry for Woo Minjae.

“I guess he couldn’t stand the thought of not having her.” Chen smiled thoughtfully, “Their love story spanned decades and we all kind of aspire to that. Imagine what Kai represents to someone like Minah. The best of Lee Soo-hyuk and Song Gaelin. She wants the fairy tale.”

“I am sorry oppa.”

“Me too.” Chen threw the second pip. “Come on let’s sneak you back in.”

Chen set Sung-kyung on the ground and she quickly kissed him on the cheek. Chen seemed shocked. Sung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter