A Gift to Use

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gaelin watched the footage for the second time. “Would you like us to move in?” Ren asked.

“No,” Gaelin was cautious, “It is good we have confirmed for ourselves but I want to see what Yifan ssi does at the Consortium meeting.”

“With all due respect President, if we let this Madame enter the Consortium you might not get another chance to get rid of her. If she is, in fact, blackmailing President Woo, then you will also save him from making any more rash decisions. This is a gift and one to take advantage of.”

Gaelin sighed, Ren had a point. “Let me ask the other Presidents what they want to do. I think this a decision for all of us.”

“You know where I stand.” Ren was upset that Gaelin wasn’t taking a more aggressive line, “We won’t always be this active in the Consortium. I don’t want to leave this problem for the kids to take care of.”

“This was because of us.” Gaelin agreed with that, “Have you made any headway with your investigation into the Madame.”

“I have…” Ren hesitated, “It was a little underhanded but I found something on your household server.” She pulled out the file from her documents and placed it on Gaelin’s desk. “It appears Sehunah has managed to make direct contact with the Madame.”

Gaelin read the message feed between Sehun and the unknown person, assumed to be the Madame. “Some of it is very intimate.”

“More from her side,” Gaelin didn’t know what to think about this new development. “What the hell is he doing?”

“He might be trying to catch the Madame.” Ren was optimistic, “Sehunah is a good kid. He is too smart to fall for something like this.”

“I’m not sure. Sehun has always had interesting or alternative taste in most things. Maybe the incident at the factory affected him.”

“Only we know about this,” Ren assured.

“Good. Let’s keep it that way.” Gaelin drummed her fingers on the desk. “I don’t want Sehun to know we’re monitoring him either.”

“As you wish. I will arrange a meeting with the other Presidents.”

 

Sung-kyung only replied a couple of hours later. When she had first heard from Kris that Kai wanted to see her, she had been thrilled. Then she had panicked. What if he asked her to come back or what if he asked what her plans were? How did she tell him that she would be leaving soon? It was so complicated. It would have been better if he remained in Seoul. Then she could one day look forward to meeting him again when she was ready. Her feelings were still raw, Emi was still gone and Kai was still out of her reach.

 

“What did she say?” Arran asked Kai as she snuggled under his bedc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter