Concert

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If he were honest, Tanaka was incredibly happy that the kids were grounded. Gaelin, Soo-hyuk and the former idols didn’t seem to need him as much anymore. He remembered a time when Jungkook and Taehyung would come to him with all sort of problems. He knew their worries and it felt good to help them. Tanaka loved being needed. The kids needed him. This was his duty now and he took his job seriously. He had raised these kids since they were babies. He felt as much a parent as Song Gaelin and Lee Soo-hyuk.

Every day he would plan out their meals and make sure their rooms were perfectly set out for them, that their every request was met. If Arran needed new clothes, he would sit with her and order them, if Sehun wanted new supplies for his lab, he would do that too and even help with the experiments, if Baekhyun needed a partner to practice with, Tanaka would be the goalie. Jongin was harder to deal with, but Namjoon handled him pretty well.

On a normal day, the kids stayed late at school and then went to Finite. He envied how much the Jung House Master knew about his kids. Now that they were grounded, he knew they would be home at least by 18:00. He would have a light snack prepared with their favourite drinks. He hated when they were late and he worried. Now he didn’t have to. Tanaka checked his watch, it was nearing 18:00 “The kids will arrive soon.” He told the staff. “Do you have everything ready?" 

“Aish, you didn’t stress about me this much.” Jungkook teased as he grabbed a gluten-free snack from a platter in the kitchen.

“I always worry about you.” Tanaka corrected and Jungkook smiled as he went out to terrace.The elevator chimed and Tanaka knew it was the kids. He had seen them come up on the elevator cam. “How was your day?” Tanaka asked brightly as the kids trouped in, “I have lunch ready out on the terrace, it is such…”

“I am not hungry!” Arran cut the butler off and stormed up the stairs. Kai frowned as he watched his sister hurry off. Baekhyun sighed heavily. 

Tanaka turned to her brothers, “What did you do to her this time?”

“I can’t keep up with that dummy,” Sehun said as he took off his shoes and let his feet breathe a bit before he put on slippers and walked outside. “Hyung?” he was surprised to see Jungkook at the table. “You’re home early.” He really liked it hen his uncles surprised them like this.

“I thought I’d have a snack at home beofre the concert I am attending tonight. Want to join me? Taehyung isn't coming and the company sent me plenty of extra tickets.” Jungkook looked at Kai as well but he shook his head. 

“I am grounded.” Sehun was disappointed because he loved attending concerts with his uncles. They got tickets to the best shows. 

“I think I can make an exception.” The House Master set his tablet down on the table and stretched.  It wasn't even the end of his day, but he was already exhausted. He hadn't been sleeping well recently. He had just returned from an intense household meeting with all the staff on the Lee Compound. The residence where Lee Soo-hyuk's parents and extended family lived was always a handful. The compound employed 27 staff members ranging from butlers to maids, housekeepers, and groundsmen. Not to mention the private secretaries of the Chairman and Chairlady, and it was his job to manage them all. Lucky him. 

Kai sat beside the HM, ”Hyung, why do you look so stressed? Are mom and dad working you too hard?”

“Go with your uncle. You like live music and your parents won’t object.” Namjoon assured Sehun. He was on his tablet again. Sehun exchanged a worried look with Kai before he turned to his uncle and they were engaged in a talk about that night’s event.

“Are you really okay?” Kai placed some food on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter