First Impressions

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kyungsoo,” Julian sat on the edge of the bed and gently shook the boy. “Yah Kyungsoo, do you want to be late for school?”

Kyungsoo sat bolt upright and looked around dazed. Julian shook his head “You’re lucky this didn’t fall off in the night.” He picked up the laptop that was still open.

“I always watch movies so I’m used to it.” Kyungsoo rubbed his eyes.

“Don’t rub your eyes. Do you want them to be puffy?”

“You’re my HM not my mother.”

“You used to call me dad so I don’t blame you for being confused.” Julian returned smoothly.

Kyungsoo applauded, “Tousche’”

“Get up. Minah left ahead of you. Your father’s also left.” Kyungsoo snatched the laptop away from Julian has he remembered how he had fallen asleep. Sure enough there was a response. “Great,” Kyungsoo frowned at the news that they could go to Club X on Friday. He really wished he didn’t care this much about Kai. This was really a bad idea he could feel it.

“What’s so important?” Julian asked, “Did you even finish your homework?”

“I did that ages ago.” Kyungsoo bragged. “I feel sorry for Namjoon ssi because he has to deal with Kai and Baekhyun. Hyung, You should count yourself lucky.”

Julian rolled his eyes, “Aish, just get going will you.”

Kyungsoo quickly got ready and actually made it to school just before Kai was getting ready to close the gate.

“Aigoo but why the hell are you so late?”

“Sorry President.” Kyungsoo made a big show of apologising, “Should I get down on my knees and bow?”

Kai smirked and looked the other way, “If you insist.”

“Aish and I was going to get you into that club.” Kyungsoo walked away

Kai draped an arm over his shoulder, “I’ll let you come late without consequence.”

“You’re a corrupt leader. Please try harder.”

“Then when are we going?”

“What makes you think I’ll come with you?” Kyungsoo shook off his arm, “I have no interest in these underground clubs. I don’t like what goes on and why would I subject myself to those people when I can be at Finite.”

“So when will we go?”

“Friday. But if I sense anything funny then we’re leaving. Deal?”

“Deal.”  

Sehun watched Kai and Kyungsoo get ready. They were in Kyungsoo’s private suite at Finite so as to avoid any suspicion. Sehun made himself comfortable on the bed and switched on the TV.

“So if anyone does ask where we are, then what do you say?” Kai looked at Sehun through the mirror.

“You went to get something to eat at one of the restaurants and didn’t feel like ordering room service.”

“Good,” Kai tucked the shirt into his suit pants and left the collar button open.

“No put a pin in it,” Kyungsoo suggested and handed Kai a padded box with different collar pins.

“Why do you have to do this?” Sehun asked.

“I already tried to talk him out of it.” Kyungsoo pulled on his jacket and made sure his hair was styled properly.

“I just want to check it out.” Kai met Sehun’s eyes again and looked away. Sehun’s face looked sour. “Aish don’t pull that face. I’ll take you next time.”

“There won’t be a next time.” Kyungsoo was adamant, “And you have an hour in there.”

“What if we both like it?”

“I won’t” 

“What if something happens?” Sehun added, “I mean these clubs are not to be trusted. Why do you think they’re underground?”

“What could happen?” Kai wasn’t at all concerned.

“Aish enjoy it well,” Sehun mumbled.

“No, what do you think will happen? You’re already putting bad vibes on the whole thing.”

“Take it easy,” Kyungsoo interjected

“What if you see something you don’t like.” Sehun blurted out.

“Don’t think too much about it,” Kai advised. “Its Friday night, we’re just going out for some fun.”

“Then why must it be such a secret?” Sehun argued.

Kai turned round to glare at his brother, “Aish, must we tell everything to the HM? Why can’t we do things without having to get someone’s approval first? Is that any way to live?”

“Its only a problem if you do something that’s wrong.” Sehun continued and Kyungsoo didn’t feel like stopping him. It was good that they get it all out and he personally believed Kai deserved to hear it. “Why can’t you just live quietly? Do you know how hard it is for the rest of us to watch you?”

“Don’t bother yourself about it.” Kai snapped.

“We’re brothers.”

“Then stay the hell out of it if you care so much.” Kai was now angry.

“I care that’s why I won’t stay out of it.” Sehun looked ready to cry, “Pabo.”

“Bwo?” Kai whispered.

“Hajima.” Kyungsoo finally intervened, “We should get going.  Club X opened an hour ago.”

“How are you getting there?” Sehun asked, “You can’t use any of the drivers.”

“Taxi to the area and then we have to walk the rest of the way.” Kyungsoo explained the rules.

‘I don’t like it.” Sehun started up again. This time Kyungsoo shot him a warning look.

I’m not ing surprised.” Kai said to himself. He slipped on his jacket and was satisfied with how he looked. “See you back here. Don’t you dare say anything to anyone. Arasseo?”

“I’m not Baekhyun,” Sehun grumbled as Kai and Kyungsoo left.

 

Sung-kyung placed her mask back in place and tried to hide out in the bathr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter