Hideaway

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“There it is” Kai pointed out the Lee Lodge to Sung-kyung. It was the first time he had spoken to her and she made an effort to shift in her seat to get a better view of the massive estate. "That's a lodge?"

Sung-kyung realised then just how far away a guy like Lee Jongin was from her. He had a house in the country and large apartment buildings in the city. His brother was the heir to some super security firm that had operatives out of an action movie and helicopters att heir beck and call. This was not her world at all. This is what Kris ssi had meant and she was beginning to understand that he was right. 

Sehun and Baekhyun exchanged a hopeful look. Maybe Kai and Sung-kyung would find a way to reconcile after all.

“We’ll take you down now and be out of your way as soon as we do a systems check,” Max informed them over the roar of the propellers. 

“It looks like we’re the first to arrive.” Baekhyun was relieved as they stepped off the chopper and everyone shook hands with the pilot and leader.

“It was an honour to work with you, Sir.” Max told Sehun, “I am sorry we could not be of more help. You know where to find us.” he saluted and they stepped back as the chopper rose into the air again.

“Okay let’s get in there before the others arrive,” Kai ordered and lifted Sung-kyung’s bag over his shoulder. “You will have to hide out in my room for now.”

“Why his room?” Baekhyun mocked with Sehun and they giggled amongst themselves. “Shut it,” Kai growled and they laughed louder.

By the time the others arrived, they were ready and Sung-kyung was hiding safely in Kai’s room. “We thought we’d air the place for you.” Baekhyun joked when they saw the shocked looks on their parents and Namjoon’s faces.

“I don’t even want to know,” Soo-hyuk said as the housekeepers carried their bags upstairs.

“Where is your sister?” Namjoon asked.

“She was a little behind us,” Sehun answered and didn’t give away more details.

“Like I said, I don’t want to know.” Soo-hyuk said, “Okay let’s get settled. Hoseok and Yoongi hyung will be here shortly.”

“How did you get here so fast?” Taehyung asked the kids as their parents and Kris went upstairs

“Oracle.” Baekhyun couldn’t contain his grin, "It was seriously cool." 

“Already flexing your power.” Jungkook shook his head. “I’m going to take a nap.”

Taehyung frowned as he watched Jungkook walk up the stairs. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter