Off the Grid

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone. Just a heads up that I might not be able to update for a while. I will try but I might not have a connection. So I am trying to make up for it now. 

Sung-kyung approached the school and stared up at the majestic building, probably for the last time. Last night, Mr S had smuggled her out of the townhouse and took her to a motel. He advised that she lay low. The Madame was furious and out for blood. Mr S said she shouldn’t even come to school, but Sung-kyung wanted to end things properly with Lee Jongin. Now that he knew the truth, she had nothing to lose but tell him the whole truth, about Emi and why how she ended up indebted to the Madame.

As she approached the front steps, she saw Kai and his friends standing to the side. Sung-kyung hesitated, but then raising her head she walked on. Kai didn’t even acknowledge her but what did she expect?”

“Unnie…” Arran called out to her and offered an encouraging smile. At least Lee Arran was still the same.

“Don’t speak to her.” Kai said loud enough for Sung-kyung to hear, “I don’t want you talking to girls like that Arran.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Sung-kyung stopped by the group.

“Agassi…” Baekhyun shook his head urging her to drop it.

“I know you’re upset” Sung-kyung ignored the footballer, “But you have to let me explain.”

Minah tried to reason with Kai. It didn’t make sense that Kai would forgive Wu Yifan and not Sung-kyung.

“Shut it Minah.” Kyungsoo silenced his sister, “Agassi move along.” Kyungsoo completely dismissed her and turned to speak to Chen and Chanyeol.

Sung-kyung bit her lip, she wanted to stay and fight, “I know you Lee Jongin…”

Kai growled and stepped forward but Sehun grabbed her arm and yanked her up the stairs. “There go the two traitors,” Kai called out and Sung-kyung looked up at Sehun and saw the hurt in his eyes. “Sehunah…” she felt terrible that he was being labelled a traitor as well. Kai must have found out that Sehun had known about her.

“You really are a silly little girl.” Sehun pulled her along and only let go once they were in his lab.

Sung-kyung watched as he crossed to the couch and fell onto it. He covered his face with his hands and screamed. The sound was muffled but she heard the pain and frustration. Sehun uncovered his face, took a deep breath and crossed to his desk, “What is your plan?” he tidied his hair and looked composed again. Sung-kyung wished he’d start screaming again. It was less scary than this Sehun who looked drained and defeated by the world.

“I only came to explain why I did it all.”

“He won’t listen to you now. You went about it the wrong way.”

“He left me no choice. He pitched up at Club X last night; he was drinking and going into private rooms with girls.”

“Thank you for getting him out of there.”

“I didn’t get a chance to tell him why I did it.”

“And you may never get that chance. I suggest you go to Kris hyung and get him to follow through on whatever he promised you.”

Sung-kyung felt defeated by the idea that Jongin would forever think of her as the hostess from the club who tried to trick him. “What will you do now? You shouldn’t have helped me back there.”

“Jongin ssi has written me off. I am no longer in his inner circle.” Sehun said with a serious face. “I have made my bed and now…” he shrugged, “I might as well completely accept my fate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter