Order and Pending Disorder

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By the end of the week, Gaelin had restored order to her household and the Golden Quill Consortium. There were just three things that still worried her and that was the situation with Jungkook and Taehyung, Yifan and his presidency and Kaiah. He was trying to put up a brave front, but he missed Lee Sung-kyung. Gaelin knocked on Kai’s bedroom door and found him in bed. “It’s a little early isn’t it?” she lay down beside him and wrapped an arm around his waist and patted his chest.

“I’m a little tired.”

“Or you miss a certain girl?” Gaelin said. Kai turned to lie on his back. “I know its hard Kaiah, but if you really miss that girl then why don’t you go after her.”
“She doesn’t want me.” Kai said.

“How can she not want you?” Gaelin sounded perplexed, “Has she not seen you?”

“Omma knows just what to say.” Kai pinched her cheek. “But she’s not ready for me yet. I need to give her time. I will wait, she’s worth waiting for.”

“That’s more like it.” Gaelin settled back into the bed and patted his stomach like she used to when he was a child. He eventually fell asleep.

Soo-hyuk came into the room, “Is he okay?”

“He will be.” Gaelin slowly slid off the bed and covered Kai with a blanket. “He’s so beautiful and wonderful. It hurts me when he’s in pain.”
“That’s part of being a parent,” Soo-hyuk said as they watched Kai sleep. “I’m amazed at how much he matured this year. You were right to send them out into the world. It’s the best way to learn.” He kissed Gaelin’s cheek. “Hoseok and Yoongi hyung are here.”

“Good. Let’s get this over with then.” Gaelin and Soo-hyuk entered the library. “I was just filling Yoongi in on the situation,” Hoseok said as Gaelin sat in-between him and Yoongi. Namjoon entered with Julian, Luca and Ren and they started the meeting. 

“So right now the Madame is hiding out in the Woo Estate” Ren reported back. “Oracle has the estate under 24-hour surveillance and it does not appear that she has left. Unless she’s been disguising herself as the help.”

“I know what their plan is.” Soo-hyuk said, “Wu Yifan will call for a meeting and ask for some long lost friend or cousin or whatever to handle his presidency until he has finished his studies.” Soo-hyuk had been thinking about this for a long time. He knew that they could expect something like this. “That person will actually be the Madame.”

“Of course.” Hoseok was on his feet, “and when the Golden Quill comes up for play, Yifan ssi will not back Kai but compete head-on for the quill and the consortium.”

“That is why they targeted the kids. They were trying to take them out ahead of the competition.” Yoongi added, “And I bet that footage they have on some of those heirs will come in handy in the future.”

“They want to weaken the future of the Consortium,” Gaelin said. “But the question is why?”

Soo-hyuk was silent as he stared into the fire, “I think this has something to do with us. The Madame, you said was young?”

“She has to be in her twenties,” Gaelin confirmed.

“We need to look at our past for the answers,” Soo-hyuk told Ren.

“Oracle will make this top priority,” Ren assured Soo-hyuk. 

“Could this be about Woo Minjae?” Hoseok hated to bring him up again.

“I don’t think so.” Yoongi said, “We basically helped the kid steal his father’s company and kick him out the country again. Well done us.”

“Good riddance.” Hoseok laughed and Gaelin smacked his leg.

Soo-hyuk glanced their way and Hoseok quickly cleared his throat, “We should come up with tests for Wu Yifan. I’m hoping the kid is doing all this under duress. Let’s start with asking about his mother. It doesn’t make sense why he hasn’t looked for her yet.”

“Since when are you fond of anyone let alone this kid?” Yoongi muttered.

“Jealous?”

“Very much. You know I don’t like sharin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter