Random Events and Pizza

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sung-kyung switched on the phone and checked the new apps that Sehun had installed for her. There was the body reader app, which made her laugh, and also a blocking app. Nerd really was the new hot. Remembering what he had said about contacts she went to the phone book and saw only two numbers – Sehun’s and Jongin’s. Not like she’d have the courage to use the number.

“But at least his parents like me.” She felt warm as she remembered the moments shared with Lee Soo-hyuk and Song Gaelin. They were so different, the father was calm and collected, but sad in many ways and the mother was fierce and a fighter. Jongin really was the product of both his parents – he was the best of them. Knowing his parents made her love for him stronger.

There was a secret dream that had started forming in her mind and she was scared of it. She wanted to be part of their world. She could imagine their lives. Having meals together, a big family all laughing together, wanting to be with each other and Jongin was beside her and so were Sehun and the footballer. They fooled around and sometimes she helped Sehun with his experiments and she helped Baekhyun practice. Arran and Minah were her best friends and they shopped and gossiped about the boys. Sometimes she would meet Lee Soo-hyuk for a chat and they would talk about the things that worried them, he would give her advice and she would make him realise how important he was. On Sunday’s she would have tea with Song Gaelin and they would discuss the schedule of the week with the cool looking House Master. Sung-kyung was afraid of this dream because it felt so real.

There was a knock on her door and she thought it must be the President or Mr S come to check on her again. But it wasn’t who she expected at all.

“So, I checked with security and they informed me that you haven’t eaten yet.” Chen smiled brightly and then he held out his hand. “Wanna get out of here and be teenagers?”

Sung-kyung didn’t hesitate as she placed her hand in his, “What took you so long?”

Kai stepped out of the car and started walking across the underground parking. He was almost at the elevator when the doors opened and there was Sung-kyung but she was not alone, she was with Chen? Kai ducked behind a car suddenly feeling embarrassed and watched as the two laughed and talked. They looked comfortable in each other’s company. When had that happened?

“Where’s your car?” Sung-kyung asked and looked around the parking.

“I thought we could use this…” Chen pointed to the bike. “I borrowed it from Kris hyung.”

“Okay,” Sung-kyung grabbed the helmet, “But I’m driving.” Chen ‘s eyes widened but then he nodded and slid on the bike behind her. “You can hold on if you want.”

“Agassi, did anyone ever tell you that you’re a tease?”

Sung-kyung laughed, “I will try not to take that as an insult.” She kicked the bike into gear and they sped out of the underground garage.

Kai rose from his hiding spot and walked back to the waiting car. “Change of plans kid?” the driver asked.

“Take me home.” Kai snapped.

“Kaiah,” Kris called out to Kai. “What are you doing here?”

Kai thought quickly, “I came to check on you.”

“You did?” Kris smiled suddenly, “That means a lot.” They stared at each other, “Wanna do something we shouldn’t?”

“That’s why I’m here.” Kai said and turned to the driver, “We’re gonna be normal teenagers for once. Is that okay with you?” he asked his driver.

Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter