Secret Meeting

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sung-kyung woke and stretched, what a wonderful sleep. This bed was heavenly. “Good, you’re up.” Kai lifted her arm off his waist and dropped it on the bed.

“You didn’t sleep?”

“I tried to.” Kai turned over and closed his eyes hoping he could get in some last minute sleep.

“Are you worried about the handover?” Sung-kyung asked as she snuggled into the warm covers.

“I want to believe that Kris ssi is a good guy but I have a bad feeling.”

“Like your father said, only time will tell.”

“You heard that?”

“Mmm, you’re lucky to have your mom and dad.”

“I know. After all this is done and you find your sister will you go back to your parents?”

“Yes. My parents will be waiting for us to return. My mother begs me to bring back my sister.”

“What if your sister doesn’t want to go back?” he turned to face her and saw the flicker of rage cross her face, “Don’t worry of course she wants to go home.” Kai slid out of bed. “I’m going for a run before everyone gets up.”

Sung-kyung grabbed his arm, “Let me come with you. I’m so bored. What am I going to do up here by myself?”

Kai grumbled but he agreed that it was too cruel to keep her trapped in the room the whole day. “See this schedule?” He handed her a copy, “You will know exactly where we are at all times. You can use this to help move around.”

“Wow, your family is no joke.” Sung-kyung eyed the schedule and tried to figure out why there was a schedule for everyone and why it was in such detail. “This is seriously another level of stalking.”

“It’s a consortium tradition and has worked for decades to ensure that things run smoothly and that members are accountable to one another.” He paused, “Wow I sound just like my father.”

“I like it.” Sung-kyung smiled softly drawing her knees up to her chest, “President Lee.” She sounded it out.

“My father is President Lee.”

“When you are President what will your father be?”

“Chairman I guess.” Kai waved off her questions and went to change for his run.

Sung-kyung had a shower and changed into jeans and a sweater.

“I want to make sure the coast is clear,” Kai said as he opened his door and yelped. “You scared me.” He scol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter