Death and Water

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gaelin ran on, the blood was seeping through the open wound and through her clothes. More than once, she stumbled. The loss of blood was making her weaker. The grass was now stained with it. In the distance, she could hear shouting as the Madame gave out instructions. She had to stop them before they made it to the water. Gaelin tried to stand, but she was brought to her knees again. Come on, she urged her body. Come on!

Baekhyun ran blindly through the long grass. He still had his mother in his sights when he saw her fall. Warning gunshots were fired and he was afraid she had been hurt again. “Omma!” he slid to the ground beside her. “You’re hurt.”

“We don’t have time for that.” Gaelin looked at her youngest son, “Baekhyunah, you need to strap me.” Baekhyun nodded and immediately ped his jacket and pulled off his shirt. He used his teeth to start ripping at the material. If there was one thing he knew how to do, it was to tie a strap. He had many injuries in the past. “Pali.” Gaelin clutched the grass as he ped her jacket and removed the caviller vest. “Don’t worry about how bad it looks. We don’t have much time.” Baekhyun wanted to cry when he saw her wound. 

“President!” Sung-kyung fell to her knees as she saw a topless Baekhyun and a bleeding Gaelin. “Omo!”

“No time now.” Gaelin took her hand, “Child, there’s a small dam here, it opens up into the Han and then to the sea. If we do not stop them now, then your sister is lost.”

Baekhyun lifted his mother into a sitting position and started to tie the cloth around her stomach. “Tighter,” Gaelin ordered. “You have to go on.” Sung-kyung nodded and rushed blindly ahead. “Hurry.” Gaelin called out, "And be careful." 

“Almost done.” Baekhyun couldn’t even cry in this situation because he knew they had more work to do. “There, can you stand?” He helped his mother up. Gaelin cried out in pain but she forced herself straight. Sehun and Arran arrived in time to see Baekhyun slipping his jacket back on. 

 “Oh, thank God.” Gaelin was passed wishing that the children were safe somewhere, “Run. Sung-kyung ssi is out there alone. Save her.” Arran and Baekhyun ran after Sung-kyung. “Sehun, if it comes down to it. Save Sung-kyung.”

“Omma.” Gaelin grimaced and started to run through the grass and after the children. Sehun cocked his gun and ran passed his mother and into the darkness.

“Stop!” Baekhyun grabbed Sehun’s arm and pulled him down. “They’re getting onto a boat.”

“Then what are we waiting for?” Sehun stood and fired at the driver. He missed the first time but Arran ran forward and took another shot and the driver fell into the water. Now they wouldn't be able to get away. 

One of the men fired back and Arran was hit in the shoulder. She fell back and tried to take out her attacker but she was disorientated from the pain and her shot missed and she lay on the deck motionless.

Sehun saw his sister lying still on the deck and rushed to her side. He managed to shoot at one of the men and take them out as he pulled Arran back into the grass. Arran moaned against the pain. “Stay with me.” Sehun said and took off his jacket and pressed it against her wound.

The Madame held Emi close and still had a cruel smile on her face, “I underestimated you children. I won’t do it again.” Baekhyun and Sung-kyung came to stand in front of the Madame, they were unarmed and didn’t know what they could do. But it was better than doing nothing. 

Gaelin stumbled onto the deck and saw that they were facing off against the Madame. There were only two men left with her. She lifted her gun and fired, taking out one of the men.

“Give me my sister.” Sung-kyung begged. Emi looked so scared.

“You don’t even understand what’s going on here do you?” The Madame laughed as she pulled Emi toward the boat. “Now, I’m going to get on this boat and unless you want a bullet through her head, then you won’t do anything.” The Madame moved toward the boat, dragging Emi with her. Sung-kyung ran forward.

“No don’t!” Gaelin warned but it was too late, Sung-kyung ran forward and the last man didn’t hesitate as he shot at her. Sung-kyung fell forward but thankfully she was not harmed. Gaelin shot him out. Baekhyun rushed to Sung-kyung’s side and held her. In all the commotion the Madame had managed to step onto the boat with Emi.

Ren arrived on the scene and saw the injured children. “Call for backup. We need medical assistance from Oracle.” Gaelin ordered, “Stay with them.” She said and then raced after the Madame. Gaelin was in pain; the strapping was not enough to stop the blood from gushing out as she ran full-on across the deck and toward the boat that was slowly starting up. Sehun, Arran, Baekhyun and Sung-kyung watched as Gaelin leapt off the deck and onto the boat. Gaelin landed on the side of the boat and cried out in pain. 

The Madame left the wheel and turning she shot Emi in the stomach. Emi couldn’t even cry with the tape against . Her eyes rolled back and she was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter