Our Time

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N - Sorry guys - this chapter is long. 

“We did it!” Kris smiled at his three friends as they dressed for the graduation after party in Kyungsoo’s suite at Finite. The hotel was this time opening it’s grand ballroom to the graduates and their families. With such a big crowd, everyone had been asked to make a contribution this time. The Student Body together with Finite’s event team had been planning from July. 

“Look at you guys.” Baekhyun, Sehun and Chanyeol entered the suite. “You look like gods.”

“We feel like it.” Chen smacked his brother on the back.

“The ballroom is packed. The only ones missing are you guys.” Baekhyun said. He pulled out a bottle of grappa from his pocket. “Kaiah can we?” 

“I think I can manage one bottle,” Kai assured them and Sehun and Baekhun fetched shot glasses from Kyungsoo’s bar.

“Wait for us.” Arran and Minah entered the suite.

“Wow,” Chen kissed Minah’s cheek, “You look amazing.”

“We try.” Minah was feeling more confident now that she was losing weight. “Thanks oppa!” she leant over and kissed Kris on the cheek, “You’re a miracle worker.”

Chen smiled over at Kris and mouthed his own thank you. Ever since Kris had started working with Minah on her weight, the two boys had grown closer. Kris had realised slowly that he liked Chen and his quiet ways. Kai had Kyungsoo and Sehun, Baekhyun had Chanyeol and Arran had Minah. Now he had Chen.

Chanyeol opened the bottle and everyone held out their glasses, “To our future. You’re leaving but don’t forget us. We will be right her when you return.”

“You better return.” Kris warned, “Please don’t leave me with these youngsters for too long.”

“Sehun will help you keep them in line,” Kyungsoo said seriously.

“I think hyung was joking,” Baekhyun whispered to Kyungsoo.

“Well, I wasn’t.” Kyungsoo glared at them, “Don’t give Sehun and Kris a hard time. Ara?”

“To the future,” Kai lifted his glass

Julian was waiting for them outside the door. He handed them a pack of mints. “Shall we?” he asked as they stopped before the closed doors of the ballroom.

“Let’s do this!” Chen clapped his hands and squared his shoulders, “One last time together?”

Julian flung open the doors and they walked into the blinding light.

“Are you happy?” Soo-hyuk asked Gaelin as the children approached them and bowed.

“Very happy.” She smiled.

“That’s our cue.” Taehyung fixed his mic in place and approached the stage. Jungkook followed him. “Welcome to the graduating class of 2018,” Taehyung yelled. The stage was suddenly crowded around, mostly by the mothers of their children. “Omo, it’s Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook!”

“Don’t look so disappointed kids. We are just here to get things started.” Jungkook said, “Your real hosts for the evening are two young promising performers. They have agreed to do this appearance as a special favour.”

Taehyung smiled, “Please welcome your first host. You know him well. He is the former captain of your Football Club. The youngest entrant to the country’s premium soccer academy, “Welcome on stage Lee Baekhyun!” the students cheered for Baekhyun as he walked on stage and bowed. 

Taehyung and Jungkook stepped back, “It seems it is up to me to announce our next host.” Baekhyun was a natural. He was not afraid of the limelight. “This young lady is a rising star. You will recognise her from the latest historical drama and she has also acted alongside many famous actors. Please welcome on stage my co-host for the evening, actress, model and all around amazing performer, Ji Hyeran!” the students gasped as the famous actress walked on stage.

“Thank you!” Hyeran beamed at the crowd, “Wow there are so many of you. I can’t believe I am privileged enough to celebrate this night with you.” She turned to Baekhyun, “Oppa, should we congratulate them properly?”

Baekhyun stood beside her. “Not so close,” Hyeran smacked his arm, “Look at this guy!” she joked with the audience and covered shyly. “Ready?” she asked him. “Hana dul set,” and they bowed. “Everyone congratulate the class of 2018.” Hyeran clapped her hands. “I know you guys probably don’t want a lot of speeches.” She turned to Baekhyun, “But we have to have them right?”

“Yes, guys. I’m afraid you have to endure at least one speech. I call on President of Finite Jung Hoseok to officially welcome you. Please listen carefully to this samchon.”

Hoseok stepped on stage and accepted the microphone from Julian who also handed him his speech. “I wrote a speech…” Hoseok began and then smiled at the audience, “It’s ten pages long.” The audience groaned, “Don’t worry I won’t torture you with it. All I want to say is congratulat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter