Daddy Issues

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How was he going to explain leaving the game to his father? No doubt he’d be called in for a meeting on how to behave like a president 101.  It would have been better to say nothing but when it was so hard to control his emotions in the moment. He walked as far away from the sound of people cheering.

“Kai!” Sehun spotted his brother walking toward the school exit and bolted after him.

“Sehun,” Chanyeol cleared the stands and saw Sehun running down the road.

“What’s going on?” Kyungsoo had just arrived at the field. He tried to grab Chanyeol’s arm, but his friend jumped out of his way and ran after Sehun and Kai.

“Yah!” Sehun yelled. Kai looked back and seeing Sehun, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo also broke into a run, “Stop running you fool. Aish!”

“Can you guys stop!” Chanyeol yelled as he sped up. Sehun started to slow as his breath caught. In a desperate attempt, he reached out and caught his brother’s shoulder but Kai shook him off causing Sehun to trip and fall. His hands shot out instinctively and broke his fall. Sehun winced as he sat on the gravel and dusted off his hands. Chanyeol skidded to a stop beside him and bent over, resting his hands on his knees. “Yah Jongin. You bastard!” Kyungsoo cried causing Kai to stop at the anger in his friend’s voice. “This is not a drama. Get over here. Pali.”

Kai ran a hand through his hair in frustration but walked back. He placed his hands on his waist and looked down at Sehun’s bent head. “Why did all you guys leave the game?”

“What about you?” Sehun accused sullenly still studying his grazed palms. “You left first."

“I wasn’t going to listen to those old men dictate how we should live our lives.” Kai snapped.

“Of course it's about you.” Chanyeol sat on the curb and leaned back on the grass. “Aish, you made me sweat.”

“Here I thought it was about Baekhyun.” Sehun held out his hand and Kai helped him up.

“It’s about all of us.” Kai corrected.

“Why did you have to explode like that?” Chanyeol accused. “When are you going to learn it gets you nowhere?”

“Someone has to tell appa when he’s wrong.” Kai defended.

“So this is about appa wanting you to take over the business?” Sehun was incredulous, “What else are you going to do Kai?”

“I don’t know?” Kai glared at his brother, “Something I choose for myself.”

“Excuse me, but what exactly are you good at besides bossing people around and acting important?” Kyungsoo asked, “Yah hotshot, you are already a President, just carry on and spare us the drama.” Sehun burst out laughing at Kyungsoo’s reasoning.

Kai started to laugh too, “Araseo. I’ll do as you say. For now.” They walked back and stood on the embankment watching the final minutes of the game.

“I found the place.” Kyungsoo said, “It's very exclusive.”

“And?” Kai prompted.

“Apparently there’s a buy-in as well.”

“I want to check it out.” Kai was insistent.

“I was afraid you might.” Kyungsoo stared at the field where Baekhyun was celebrating a victory with his tea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter