She's Gone

Golden Quill - The Legacy (GQ2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In Oracle's medical rooms, Kai took Arran’s hand and squeezed it, “I am sorry.” He told his unconscious sister. “When you wake up, I will tell you about how hard omma fought for us.”

Sehun entered the room and came to sit beside Kai. He had just cleared his medical and a debriefing. With his mother gone, he was next in charge. “I should have gone after her.”

“No,” Kai said as he stared at Arran, “You did your best.”

The door slid open and Baekhyun entered. He had been treated and finally told the truth by his father. “How did it all go so wrong?” he cried as he sat on Arran’s bed, “How do we tell this kid that her mother died?”

Kai stood and embraced Baekhyun, “We will tell her together.”

“But omma…” Baekhyun cried, “Why did she have to be so brave?”

“I miss her too.” Sehun stood and embraced his brothers, “I know we have not always been together, but we have to now.”

"Omma!!!" Baekhyun cried and Kai and Sehun held him closer. 

From outside the room, Chanyeol stood with his crutches and watched the scene. "I can't believe this," he told Chen. 

"It's not real yet." Chen agreed. He was shocked when Minah took his hand. He stared down at her. "I am sad." 

"I know. So am I. So don't let me go."  Minah said. 

Chen clutched her hand. 

Kyungsoo sat in the garden of the Lee estate and looked out at the plants. They had lost their beauty. Nothing would be beautiful again.

“Here,” Sana placed a cup of hot chocolate on the table, “you need some sugar.”

Kyungsoo said. “You don’t know…”

“I think I can guess.” Sana sipped at her own drink, “I don’t think I have ever seen anyone so brave.”

Kyungsoo looked away as he felt tears touch his eyes, “I will pay for your studies. But I don’t want to see you again.”

“Jung Kyungsoo…” Sana protested, “I know you’re upset but…”

“You promised that you wouldn’t ask anything of me if I helped you save Lee Sung-kyung and she is safe.”

“But…”

Kyungsoo stood, “I will arrange a car for you and I will take care of you but I never want to see you again.” He walked off.

Soo-hyuk entered his room and stared at the bed he had once shared with Gaelin. He walked into her dressing and touched her clothes. He smelt the blouses and coats, they had her scent. He remembered her, all through her life, as a child, as a teenager, as a woman, as his wife. He had been so lucky. Gaelin, you can’t be gone like this.

“President.” Tanaka hesitated when he found Lee Soo-hyuk in Song Gaelin’s dressing room, “You will need to go see Chairwoman Song soon.” Soo-hyuk sunk to the ground and drew his knees up to his chest, “I can’t do this.” He whispered and covered his face, “How am I to tell a mother that her child is dead?”

Tanaka felt tears in his eyes, “I can’t do it either.” he said, “But still this world says we must. Right now you have to tell a mother that her only child and daughter is dead.”

“I can’t…” Soo-hyuk said, “I am nothing. You know that right, not without her. She kept us all together. How am I supposed to live without her?”

Tanaka wiped the tears from his eyes and slowly approached Soo-hyuk, “President Lee, you have to. You have four children who need you. Song Gaelin would want you to live for them. This Consortium needs you now.”

“But how did it go so wrong?” Soo-hyuk cried and Tanaka didn’t care about protocol as he knelt beside the man and held him. “I can’t live without her. I loved her for too long. How can I?” Soo-hyuk cried openly. 

“We all can’t.” Tanaka rubbed Soo-hyuk’s back. “I was sworn to stand by her side and I shared her vision for this house and the Consortium. I am also lost now.” He cried too. “I don’t know what to do. I also loved her too much.”

Namjoon stood outside the dressing roo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter