The Wedding

COFFEE PRINCESS

 

“Alright Yuri, I’m marrying you!” Donghae said with a face of deep anxiety. “Just don’t dare to abort my child.” He told Yuri.

Yuri gave him a straight-faced look.

“Look Yuri...” Donghae sat in front her. “I’m so tired of all your plans already. I know you just want me. For you to stop doing all those, I decided to marry you so you won’t be hurting any of my friends and either _______.” He stated. “I don’t want them to live miserably just because of me. Yuri...” A teardrop fell off his eyes. “Whatever you are planning now, I’m begging you to hold it back already. I’m going to marry you if that is what you want, so please.....”

“Are you sure you’re going to marry me?” Yuri wiped her tears away. “Donghae I’m asking you now, are you ready to accept everything? No backing out!”

Donghae dropped his head into his palms. “I HAVE to marry you for the sake of everybody.” he said while nodding his head.

“That’s a deal!” Yuri clenched his fists as tears fell down of her cheeks. “I can make it up ’til the end.”

 

 

 

 

That afternoon, Donghae called _________. It took seconds before she answered the phone call.

“Yobosaeyo?” her tiny voice greeted.

“Can I meet you tonight ________?” Donghae said trying to stop his tears from falling down.

“Are you alright?” her voice got a bit panicked.

Donghae sniffed and blinked his eyes. “Neh...I’ve got a cold.”

“What time are we going to meet oppa?” she asked, feeling nervous after how many months they never talked with each other.

“Is it okay if I fetch you up at 10 in your house?” he asked her.

“Arasso...” she answered. “I’m hanging up then.”

 

9:00. ________ prepared herself before Donghae arrives. She wore her knitted lavender cardigan, her skinny jeans and her oat beaded moccasin flats. She pigtailed her hair up and waited for Donghae in their little garden in front of their house at exactly 9:45. She saw a car stopped and saw Donghae who just got off the car. Donghae opened the car door for her to get inside.

“You haven’t change... you look beautiful even with just a simple hairdo.” Donghae complimented and started the engine.  _________ smiled at him. Donghae brought her to the Han River where they usually dated before.

“What are we going to do here?” she asked him and sat on the grasses after Donghae patted the space beside him signalling her to sit.

“Don’t you miss this place?” he asked and inhaled the fresh air coming from the river. “Drink this.” He handed her the can of beer he bought before fetching her. “Should I open it for you?”

She just nodded. She sipped a little amount of beer and approached the sound of the flowing river. “Who won’t miss this?” she smiled and caught Donghae looking at her. She cleared and turned back her gaze to the bridges around the river brightened up with the colourful lights.

They are both hushed and the only sound that can be heard is the river flowing.

“I’m getting married.” Donghae said and took another gulp of beer. “I’m marrying Yuri.” He sniffed and bit his lip then looked above the sky to control his tears.

Upon hearing him, she felt impassive all of a sudden. She drank the beer in her hands and it took her how many seconds before responding. “That’s good to hear........co...Congratulations!” she faked a smile.

Donghae looked at her and there he couldn’t control his tears any longer.

“You’ll be a great husband and father. Best wishes to you.” _______ met her eyes with him. “You should do great. We will always support you.” She stood up and neared him to give a hug. She sat after him and wrapped her hands around him. “You just have to love her and I assure you, she’ll love you back with all her heart.” ______ smiled and wiped her tears away. “I know we were all troubled by her before. But above all those, I met her as the kind-hearted Yuri when I needed help before. I know she still is. So please forgive and accept her in your life. She has done all those things...she committed mistakes just because of a one reason.” She sniffed. “Do you know what that is?” she asked him.

Donghae continued to weep in her arms while he listens.

“Oppa, it’s all because of her love for you. Everything is because of how much she loves you.” She said. “Give her another chance and I know she will work hard to settle back everything.”

Donghae cried and hugged her back.

“I’ll be happy for you oppa.”

 

Everything is organized. The day of their wedding finally came. It was a simple church wedding. Only their family and friends are invited for the ceremony. All are teary-eyed seeing their friend on the altar together with Yuri who looked dejected. Who wouldn’t? Donghae is getting married to a girl who brought distress and snag in their group.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here in the sight of God to join together this Man and this Woman in holy Matrimony; which is an honourable estate, instituted of God in Paradise, and into which holy estate these two persons present come now to be joined.” The priest said. “And now Mr. Lee, will you take Ms. Kwon as your wife... love her, comfort her, honour, and keep her in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, keep thee only unto her, so long as you both shall live?”

Donghae gulped and took a deep breath. He looked at his mom and dad, his friends and ________ who sat together while watching them.

Mr. Lee feels ill at ease seeing his son in front of the altar. As he can see, Donghae doesn’t feel happy on his wedding day, how much more when the future comes and when he lives with her soon-to-be-wife. Thinking of this, he stood up. “Son” he called and Donghae looked back. Yuri felt nervous all of a sudden. Everyone’s attention is on Mr. Lee. He gathered all his courage to speak in front of everyone. “I know you’re marrying her because....of...the child inside her.” He started and everyone started to get confused. “I don’t have a straight face to show you. I made a mistake I will forever be sorry for. Son, I hope you can still forgive me after I say this.”

Donghae got confused while Yuri already knew what will happen for sure. Feeling so guilty, she ran outside the church and ride on the bridal car. All are staggered and puzzled for not having a clue of what is currently happening.

“I’m sorry son...” Mr. Lee begged and kneeled in front of the altar.

“Dad...I don’t get it.”Donghae asked, still confused.

“I’m the father of Yuri’s child.” He said and Donghae almost shivered. Mrs. Lee was indeed hurt that she almost had a heart attack. Everyone was flabbergasted to what they caught on.

At the exact time, a police car stopped in front of the church. ______ saw Atty. Park together with the police.

“Mr. Lee Sung-il, you are under arrest.” The police officer said.

“Wait...wait...what is this?” Donghae asked, feeling so perplexed.

Atty. Park explained and had proven the case after doing an investigation. It is really Mr. Lee who was the mastermind of the incident that happened to Mr. Hwang, ________’s father.

“Dad...” Donghae cried seeing his father being handcuffed.

Mrs. Lee stood beside her son feeling so bewildered. “Son...” she cried. “I can’t believe these are all happening.”

“Please forgive me.” Mr. Lee still pleaded while being dragged away by the police.

“ABUJI” Donghae tried to run to his dad but Leeteuk, Kyuhyun and Siwon took hold of him.

______ couldn’t explain her feelings. She feels sorry for Donghae who was double-murdered. First, when he knew he really was not Yuri’s child’s father but his father himself and second, when his father was arrested. _______ couldn’t help herself but to cry her heart out. She never had a clue that all these things are going to happen.

It was very tragic. The day that is supposed to be the wedding day became the day of knowing the truth. Everyone felt sad for Donghae and his family. This is indeed a nightmare you know that never would happen. Donghae doesn’t deserve all of these. He is a good man who thinks of others first before himself. He was never selfish. He never was!

 

There were lots of challenges that defied him but he has to be so strong to overcome all of them. Even when he didn’t want his father to be put in jail, he knows that he should pay the debt he had done.

Days, weeks and months had gone so fast. At first, it was hard for him to accept everything, thanks to his friends for always being beside him whenever he needed them.

________ had the chance to visit his dad’s grave together with Na Eun. “Appa” she uttered and placed the flower on it. “You’re getting so handsome nowadays.” She smiled and sat on the grasses. Na Eun joined her. “Appa, I know how happy you are now that everything is solved. Everything is put in order.” She chuckled. “Mom is happy for you. We miss you so much appa.” She said and hugged his father’s grave. She began to sing a lullaby for his dad.

“Your dad isn’t happy yet.” Na Eun interfered.

“Why not?” _______ asked and looked at Nana.

“You have to find someone for you.” She smiled.

“I have my mom and dad, I have you and I have my friends. I won’t ask for more.”

“Aish....SOMEONE who will live with you until your last breath” Na Eun poked her head.

She pouted. “Before you tell me that, find yours first.”

“I have mine already.” Na Eun smiled ear to ear.

“JINJA?” Her eyes got wider and slightly pushed Na Eun. “Tell me who he is.”

“Not now!” she grinned. “You’ll get surprised when you’ll know it.”

She sobbed. “Tell me!”

“You’ll know it when the right time comes. Just promise me you’ll have yours too, okay?”

“Who said I don’t have?” ________ chuckled.

“Oh, you have yours too? Nugu?”

“Tell me yours first.” __________   gave her a mehrong.

“I really can’t tell you.” Na Eun shook her head.

“Then I’m not going to tell you either.” She stood up. “Hurry, we have to prepare for Heechul oppa and Vanessa’s wedding at 10 am. We have to get dressed.”

“Ah yeah... I almost forgot.” Na Eun chuckled. ________ helped her stood up from the grasses.

“Appa... I’m going to visit you with omma next time. Saranghae appa, Jinja Jinja bogoshipda” 

 

 

 

 

 

One chapter more to go before the ending.

So far, how's the flow of the story? I hope you're loving my updates especially these chapters in the end. 

 

PLEASE READ !

I'm going to ask something from you my dear readers, I hope it's okay if you tell me something about the story or if not, what is your message for me as the author or about the COFFEE PRINCESS. Am I a rude or nice or friendly author? Somehow, did I inspire you through my written masterpiece? As you? Your family?Your friends? and Your love life? 

I hope you can grant my little wish since COFFEE PRINCESS is ending really soon, I want to receive some messages or any encouragements from all of you. I will treasure it so much guys, I swear! So if you have time, please do.. :))) I will appreciate it so much. 

-Author's wish :)

 

Want a longer conversation with me? ;) Add me up here. 

https://www.facebook.com/KyuAnnHae

 

 

 

 

With love, 

KyuAnnHae