My Dream

COFFEE PRINCESS

 

Your/Hwang _________'s POV

 

I am a high school graduate and so I want to study in KYUNGHEE UNIVERSITY, one of the most popular and prestigious school for college. But, I've got a big problem. I don't have enough money for my tuition and miscellaneous fees. I sighed knowing that fact. For all those times, I've been thinking on how to get into that school. I think of it all day and all night. I wish I can just simply relax this vacation just like the other teens who go shopping or hang out with their friends. But in my situation, I think I can hardly do that.

I'm willing to study there so instead of having a vacation, I thought and decided to apply for a work. That night, I went to my mom's room to tell her what I wanted to do. I cleared my throat before opening the door.    "Mom!" I softly called and sat on her bed.

She smiled and looked at me.  "Oh ______, aren't you sleeping yet?" she asked with her sweet gentle voice.

I shook my head and smiled back. My mom doesn't know yet about this KyungHee University thingy and so I found it hard to wait for the time just to tell her this. "Mom, I want to study in KyungHee University." I'm a straightforward person so I told her that without further ado. I saw her looked surprised to what I said. 

"_______, we dont have enough money for that university. The tuition and miscellaneous fees there are too expensive." she told me.

"But mom......... I really want to study there." I insisted.  

"I said we dont have money. I am just an ordinary worker ______. I cant give you what you want...."

 I felt tears running down my cheeks. "Mom, thats why I want to help you. I decided to look for a job this vacation so I can help you earn money. Please let me do something!"

"I'm sorry dear." she got up from bed and sat beside me. "I'm sorry for I can't give you what you want. You know how much I love you right?" she asked and wiped the tears falling down my cheeks. "I don't want you to suffer all these and I know for sure your dad would be sad if he sees you tormented."

"Mom, I really want to study in that university. I'd do everything to earn."

"Even if you do that with me dear, it won't work. You have only a short period of vacation before the classes start. We won't earn that great amount of money. I'm really sorry." 

 I was upset and discouraged that I opted to be in my room. I found myself crying again as I hug my knees. I began talking to myself. "I miss you so much dad! I just wanted to help mom." I cried seeing our framed picture on the table.  

"If only he was alive." Mrs. Hwang thought while she eavesdrop behind the door.  

 

FLASHBACK    

 

My family and I were not poor before. We have a business and my dad was the one who managed it.. He was on his way back home with his car when a group of people assaulted him. Until now, I still do not know who killed my appa and still, I am searching for it. But instead of sulking, I made it as an inspiration for me to continue my life that is why I want to study at KyungHee University to fulfill and to comply my appa's dream for me when he was still alive.  

 

END OF FLASHBACK      

 

Thinking of all those,  I suddenly fell asleep

Morning came and I was awaken up by my mom.   "_________, wake up now! The sun is shining already!" she trailed kisses on my cheeks.  

"Uh, mom!" I hugged her. "I'm sorry about what happened last night. Please forgive me mom. I just wanted to help you."  

"_______ , I made my decision." she smiled at me. "Since its yours and your father's dream, I'll let you study there. I will work for you baby."    

I looked at her and I feel like crying again, but now tears of JOY. I hugged her so tightly. "Thank you so much. I will fulfill all the dreams my dad had told me! Thank you mom for giving me this chance." I kissed her with love. "But i will not let you work all alone, I will help you. I will look for a job since its vacation." I wiped my tears away and smiled.  

"Well, if that's what you want, I will let you." My mom chuckled and caressed my cheeks. "Come on, lets eat our breakfast. I cooked your favorite Ja........."  

"Ja Jang Myun??? Woah you really know how to bribe me mom!" I kissed her. "I LOVE YOU mom!"  

"Oh, I love you too dear."      

After eating, I washed the dishes. I took a bath and I wore my simple striped shirt, my t- strap sandals and my skinny  jeans.  Shopping is my life. No new clothes. I'll die.

"Mom, I better go now and look for a job." I kissed her on her cheeks before finally going out."Goodbye."  

"Take care. Goodluck baby!"      

 

I started to look for a job. I entered in a grocery store and I asked the people there if where can I apply. Luckily, the people there are very friendly and kind. But I was rejected by the manager. I've been to the next ,and next, and next, and next but rejected again.   "Can I even find a job this day?" I got worried. "I hope so." I was shocked to the reason that I answered my own question, I just smiled.  

I continued to walk and look for a place where I can work "I can find a job! I know that! I can find a j-------" I shouted but I was suddenly silenced by the voice.  

"Hey you, your voice was so loud! Don't you have any poise miss? You are shouting here in the midst of this place."  

"Uh-oh! Im sorry....." I faked a smile. "I was just----"  

"What did you say a while back? You need a?" he asked.  

"Uhmm, I need a job. Can you help me?"  I answered.

"By the way, I'm..........."

 

 
 
(Who do you think will be the guy???)