Ninety Six

Blue Blossom

">

Suyun had a quick shower in the gym change rooms and rushed out of the building still drying her hair with her small towel. As she ran out the front door she saw her car speeding into the parking lot and come to a full stop in front of her. Suyun threw her workout bag in the back seat and then jumped into the passenger’s seat. She barely had time to do up her seatbelt as Mark sped away from the gym.

“Did you have a shower?” Mark suddenly asked and Suyun nodded her head as she pulled an elastic band off of her wrist and styled her hair into a messy bun. Mark was assaulted by the sweet smell of Suyun. Even though her gym clothes were in the back seat, all he could smell was apples and freshly washed linens. It made him feel comfortable and relaxed enough to make his heart hurt in the most intimate ways because then he remembered that she was with Leo a few minutes ago. He didn’t talk for the rest of the car ride because he was afraid that if he opened his mouth he might proclaim his love for her again and she had already rejected him. Mark didn’t want to ruin their friendship because she meant too much to him to lose but not being able to feel the reciprocation of love and devotion was slowly killing him. It was at that exact moment in the car that Mark vowed to try and get over Suyun. He was going to continue being her friend but he was going to try and give him love to someone who will love him back.

“Thank you so much!” Suyun said as they parked at the company parking lot. Mark got out of the car and just tossed her the keys.

“No problem. Text me when you’re done; maybe we can get something to eat.” Mark said as he took in a breath of fresh air to get her lovely scent away from his memories. Suyun hit the lock button on the car and promised to text Mark then ran into the building like a bat out of Hell. She ran through the halls politely asking staff members to move as she made her way to the practice room where Moon, his manager and Suyun’s manager were all waiting. “Sorry I’m late!” Suyun bowed to them all and Moon just laughed and shook his head.

“It’s no problem.” He lightly pat the chair beside him and Suyun scurried over and sat beside him. He opened his backpack and pulled out the lyrics for the song ‘Up’ by James Morrison featuring Jessie J. She had been sent the lyrics a few days earlier and had been practicing so they didn’t have to start from scratch when they actually started practicing. They went over the lyrics a few times before Moon pulled out his guitar and started to play it, making a few adjustments as they practiced so it sounded right when they sang together.  After practicing for about an hour Suyun’s manager pulled out the microphones and their stands so the two of them could perform the song.

It took them two hours of filming the song cover until they came up with a version that they both liked. Now it was going to be edited by Moon’s company, sent to JYP for approval and then finally uploaded; the final project wasn’t going to be released to the public for at least two weeks. When Suyun was done she said her goodbyes to Moon and he went on his way to go to another schedule. She pulled out her phone and was about to dial in Leo’s number when Juhee’s face suddenly popped up onto the screen.

“What do you want?” Suyun asked as she and her manager headed to the other practice rooms.

“I NEED YOUR HELP!” Juhee cried into the phone. “The guests that were supposed to be on the show tonight had to bail out at the last minute and now we have no one to interview. Can you come in and bring someone else with you?”

“What do you mean you need me to come in? Can’t you get someone else?” Suyun whined and she looked to her manager who looked confused as to what was going on.

“YOU OWE ME!”

“For what?”

“I can’t think of anything off of the top of my head but you owe me for something! Try and drag Hanbi to the station that way we can say we’re interviewing ‘Charm’ and make it seem like we aren’t FREAKING OUT.” Juhee sounded genuinely worried about the radio show and Suyun knew that she was only a temporary host and that if she did something big like bring in a guest then she would be seen well in the eyes of the producers. Suyun sighed heavily and Juhee knew that she had accepted. “Thank you so much! You need to be here at seven, I love you unnie~” Juhee then abruptly hung up the phone and Suyun explained what was going on with the radio station to her manager. He said that they could do it but he was going to have to rush Hanbi from her photo shoot with Ara. Suyun groaned out of frustration at how her day off was slowly being filled with schedules. She was supposed to spend the day with Leo but she only got to spend a few hours with him. Suyun ended up calling him and telling him how she wasn’t able to spend the day with him and although he was disappointed he said he understood the situation and wished her the best of luck on the radio show.

“Are you going to be listening?” Suyun asked and Leo just grunted in response. “I’m not saying you have to, you can if you have time. You don’t even have to I was just-“

“I will listen to it live, don’t worry. I might even try to send in a message if possible.” Leo said as he pulled into the parking lot of a Starbucks that was near his apartment building. “Is your manager driving you there?”

“I guess. I was just going to hang out at the company until Hanbi and I can head out to the station. Why?” Suyun was sitting in a dance practice studio and was starting to set up the music so she could practice dancing.

“I will come pick you up after you’re done.” Leo walked into the Starbucks and stood at the back of the ridiculously long line which he was going to happily wait in because his addiction to coffee was getting out of hand.

“Oh? And what will we do once you pick me up?” Suyun smirked as she put on her groups latest song and turned it low enough so that she was able to still hear Leo talking.

“Well I was thinking about renting a hotel room for the night since neither of us have a schedule tomorrow.” Leo was starting to whisper because he didn’t want people to overhear him talking about staying at a hotel but the problem was that he was wearing a face mask so if he talked too low then Suyun wouldn’t be able to understand what he was saying.

“Sure. I will just have to tell my manager that I’m staying out for the night.” Suyun could feel her cheeks burning as she thought about spending the night with Leo in a hotel. “I can’t wait until I have an apartment of my own and I don’t have to sneak around.” She sighed heavily at the prospect of just being able to spend time with Leo and not worry about her managers constantly checking in on her.

“Well you’re going to get your own place in a few months so it’s not like it’s never going to happen. I’m going to the store after I get some coffee, is there anything you want me to pick up while I’m there?” Leo asked as he was coming to the front of the line.

“Honestly, I want some of those sweet potato chips. I have been craving them for the past week. I had a dream about them last night.” Suyun changed took off her large denim shirt so she was only in her jeans and white undershirt.

“No problem, I will be there when you’re done.” They said their goodbyes and hung up the phone, feeling no need to be mushy and declare their love for each other every time they talked on the phone like some other couples. Suyun practiced dancing for a few hours and ended up washing her hair again in the bathroom where they had a communal shampoo for people to use if they needed to clean up and didn’t have time to travel back to their dorm like Suyun. When Suyun told her manager that she was going to be out with Leo that night he gave her a large lecture about how girls shouldn’t be running around with guys and how she should be solely focused on her career. Suyun also knew that this manager in particular had just broken up with his girlfriend of three years and was slightly bitter whenever it came to Suyun going out with Leo. He ended up agreeing because Suyun declared that if he didn’t let her go then she was just going to leave anyways and he didn’t want to fight with her because he knew that Suyun was stubborn to a fault.  

Suyun and Hanbi met up around six when their manager picked Hanbi up from her photo shoot. Ara whined about how she wanted to go with them but she was banned from even getting in the same van as them as they were going to have to head straight to the radio station if they wanted to make it on time for the show. Ara wanted to spend time with Suyun but her elder told her that tomorrow they could go shopping together if she liked; which the maknae quickly agreed to and became silent. On the drive to the station Hanbi had fallen asleep as she was exhausted from the photo shoot so Suyun was left alone to play video games and text Leo the whole way there. He was sitting in his recording room back at his company and was listening to the radio station that Suyun was going to be on while he was working on some music for their upcoming album. He said that Juhee sounded excited about having the two of them there and Suyun felt a little bad that she wasn’t as excited. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next chapter is mostly going to be the three girls talking at the radio station so be ready for lots of chatter and what-not. Also there will be some sad parts but just deal with it XD Also the chapters will be getting a lot longer now because we are getting so close to the end and there are a few things that I have to add in before the epiloge (chapter 100)

omg 4 chapters left

wtf am I going to do after this fic ends? My life will be officially over....I can't remember my life before this fic omg 

I started this fic last october....do you understand that?! IT'S BEEN ALMOST A WHOLE YEAR OF WRITING THIS PIECE OF XD I will put a final page total once the fic is done (It's in the 250+ already so this shall be fun)

Sweet dear baby jesus my life has been busy XD 

1) my 22nd birthday was yesterday

2) Today is Canada day (My country is 148 years young ^_^)

3) My job starts Friday

4) I got a new laptop for my birthday so I am transfering all of my files from this ty laptop to that one and it is taking HOURS