Eighty

Blue Blossom

">

Suyun woke up the next morning with her face pressed against Leo’s bare chest. She whined lightly as she covered her face with her hands to block out the morning sun. Gently, she rolled off of Leo and realised that she had been sleeping on her bad shoulder all night and it was now slightly painful.

“How annoying.” Suyun muttered as she got out of bed and jumped into the shower. While drying her hair, Suyun noticed that her natural roots were starting to show through her blue hair. Truthfully at this point she found her hair troublesome. She hoped that once she was back in Seoul she would be able to dye it black again because keeping the blue would be tedious. Suyun didn’t try to be quiet while getting ready but when she stepped back out to where the bed was, she saw that Leo was still sound asleep with his hands raised above his head. “Oh, he’s too cute.” Suyun grabbed her phone and quietly took a picture of Leo while he slept. She took one pill to deal with her shoulder and then she headed out to buy breakfast.

Although it was a little daunting at first, Suyun managed to communicate with some restaurant staff members who had terribly thick accidents that she had never heard before. Using Korean and a little bit of English, she managed to order food and pay for it. Suyun carried two large bags off food back to the hotel despite her shoulder throbbing with pain. She walked into their hotel room and Leo shot up in the bed, his eyes still closed.

“You’re awake?” Suyun asked in a childish tone and Leo just groaned.

“Is it heavy?” Leo asked as he noticed all of the food she was carrying.

“It’s not too bad.” Suyun lied as she struggled to put the food on the table. “Now get up and get washed up while I set out the food.” Suyun took Leo’s hand and dragged him out of the bed.

“I’m tired.” He muttered as she pushed him towards the bathroom with his hands full of the clothes he was going to change into.

“I know you are but we slept all day yesterday and it’s our last day here so I want to be able to enjoy the island.” Suyun shoved him into the bathroom and closed the door. She rubbed her sore shoulder as she headed back to the table and laid out all of the food she had bought. “Maybe it’s too much.” She commented as she pull out the large container of seafood stew, three small bowls of rice, eight side dishes, grilled fish and some Jeju island special kimbap.

“Wow.” Leo said when he walked out of the bathroom ten minutes later changed into new clothes with his hair still slightly damp.

“Sit down.” Suyun grabbed a towel from the bathroom and as Leo began picking at the rice, she stood behind him and dried his hair for him.

“Thank you.” He thanked her and Suyun just hummed in response. Once his hair was dry Suyun sat down across from him and watched him happily eat. “You’re going to be a good wife.” Leo commented and Suyun felt embarrassed at the sudden compliment.

“Now if only I could find a good husband.” Suyun joked and Leo looked at her with his mouth stuff with food. When he saw that she was just kidding around, he scoffed and shook his head.

“I can’t believe I fell in love with such an odd woman.” Leo muttered to himself and when Suyun asked him to repeat what he said Leo just claimed it was nothing and told her to eat up. After an hour of eating they agreed that it was time to head out and they decided that on their final day that they would climb Hallasan Mountain.

“Let’s go~” Suyun happily cheered as she bounced in the passenger’s seat in the car. Leo just sighed as he started up the car and they drove off. Suyun didn’t lose her energy while they traveled to the mountain and as they drove up to she started to get even more excited, if it were possible. “WOW! LOOK AT IT! TAEKWOON LOOK AT IT! OH MY GOSH! I’M SO EXCITED!

“I have no idea what you just said.” Leo said as they parked the car and headed to the admission booth where they received a map and a pamphlet that told them all about the mountain.

“Oppa, what does this mean?” Suyun pointed at a paragraph in the pamphlet that she was trying to read.

“It says there is a crater lake at the top.” Leo read it over.

“Crater?” Suyun didn’t know what the word meant so she pulled out her phone and used a translator. “OH! It means crater! I get it now.” Suyun happily said and Leo just shook his head.

“Pose.” Leo said while pointing out a spot for Suyun to go to. She happily skipped over to the spot on the path with the mountain and wild flowers in the background. With a wide smile on her face, Suyun posed and Leo took a picture of her on his phone which he quickly made his new background.

“Ma’am, can you take a picture of us?” Suyun asked an elderly woman who was passing by. She agreed and after Suyun showed her how to take pictures, Leo and Suyun got ready to pose. They leaned against each other and held up ‘V’ signs with shy smiled on their faces. Leo quickly grabbed Suyun’s free hand which made her even more embarrassed as some of the people were staring at them as they took photos. “Thank you so much!” Suyun thanked the woman who commented that the two of them made a very handsome couple. Both embarrassed, they thanked her and went on their way up the mountain. After hiking for a while the couple decided to take a rest and breathe in the fresh air.  

“Oh? Are you Love-E’s Suyun?” A teenage boy asked who had been about to walk by the two of them. Suyun looked to Leo who just slightly nodded his head.

“Y-Yes I am.” She admitted and the boy almost couldn’t believe her.

“Can I take a picture with you?” He asked, pulling out his phone. Suyun nodded her head and walked away from Leo and went to stand by the other boy. Leo waited patiently by the side as they took a photo together. Slowly, more and more people started to recognise the couple and the both of them were constantly getting asked to take photos with people. After twenty minutes of taking photos, Leo looked over and saw that Suyun was getting a little flustered as men were starting to put their hands around her shoulder and around her waist. She didn’t want to be rude as tell them to stop touching her so she just put on a forced smile and posed for every picture.

“It’s time for us to go. It was really nice meeting you all.” Leo called out to the small crowd that was around them. He gently placed his hand on Suyun’s back and guided her away from the boys. Their hike became noticeably more uncomfortable as the people followed right behind them the whole way and were taking pictures of the couple the whole time. Leo and Suyun had wanted to spend a romantic day together but now they had to stand far away from each other so they wouldn’t hear the whining and complaining of their fans. About halfway up the mountain Suyun’s shoulder was bugging her terribly and she couldn’t take the pain anymore. She reached over and grabbed onto Leo’s shirt sleeve.

“Oppa…” Suyun quietly whined as she placed her hand over her shoulder.

“What? What’s wrong?” Leo stopped walking and his eyes wandered over Suyun’s body to see if there was anything wrong.

“My shoulder…” Her bottom lip jutted out and Leo instantly understood.

“Do you need to go to the hospital?” He quietly asked her and Suyun shook her head claiming that she just needed her pain medication and some rest. Leo nodded his head and turn the two of them around and headed back down the mountain.

“What’s wrong?” Fans called out as the couple approached them; Leo was acting as a protective force field around Suyun and politely moved the fans out of the way. They didn’t respond and they walked right past them and quickly made it to the bottom of the mountain without exchanging a word. Once in the car Leo kept pestering Suyun.

“Does it still hurt? Are you sure we shouldn’t go to the hospital? Is there anything I can do?” Leo drove with one hand while resting the other one on her thigh. Suyun would just shake her head and say she was fine. They made it to back to the hotel room where Leo sat Suyun down on the bed and grabbed her pills and water for her. “Wait here, I’ll get some ice.” Leo quickly ran out of the room with the ice bucket and ran down the hall where the ice machine was. While alone in the room, Suyun lowered her head and felt tears prick at her eyes. She was so angry with herself and her sore shoulder that she couldn’t help but cry.

“I’ve got the ice.” Leo said as he came back in the room. He walked over and saw Suyun sitting there crying while clutching her shoulder. “Does it hurt that much?” Leo rushed over and knelt in front of Suyun. He grabbed her face in his hands and forced her to look up to see just how pain she was in. “Let’s go to the hospital.” Leo softly said but Suyun shook her head.

“I’m angry.” She said between sobs. Leo hummed as he wiped away her tears with his thumbs. “I wanted today to be nice since it was our last day, but nothing worked out!” Suyun became more frustrated and cried more.

“What do you mean?” Leo’s heart hurt as he watched Suyun grow more and more frustrated with herself.

“I could barely communicate with the people at the restaurant while getting us breakfast.” Suyun said.

“I can’t understand their accent either.”

“We got followed by fans while hiking.”

“They weren’t too bothersome. Although I didn’t like how some of the guys were touching you.”

“My shoulder hurt so we had to leave half way…I wanted to see the crater lake!” Suyun whined and childishly stomped her feet on the ground. “I feel so stupid.”

“You’re not stupid.” Leo sternly corrected her and Suyun’s eyes fluttered up to look at him. “We can always come back another time when we are both healthy and try climbing the mountain again. It’s not going to disappear.” Leo said and Suyun slowly nodded her head. “After you rest your shoulder a bit, we can go back out and try shopping. How about that?” Leo offered and Suyun nodded her head.

“I have to buy the girls gifts.” Suyun said while trying to force herself to calm down from crying.

“Oh yeah, I guess I should buy the guys stuff too….how annoying…” Leo groaned and Suyun chuckled a little bit. Knowing that she wasn’t angry anymore Leo felt a weight lift off of his heart. “Now just sit back and relax. We can watch a movie if you want.” Leo had taken a box of tissues off of the dresser and brought them over to Suyun.

“Okay.” Suyun grabbed a tissue and cleaned her face. The two of them climbed into the bed, wrapped in blankets with ice wrapped in a towel resting on Suyun’s sore shoulder. Suyun grabbed her iPad and they watched a Japanese movie together. Although Suyun was still a little bitter about having to cut their hike short, she was just glad that now she could be near Leo and not feel guilty. Their last day in Jeju was not perfect, but it was good enough for them. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------