Fifteen

Blue Blossom

It was the day of the second competition for the white team and Suyun and Bomi were once again sitting in their makeup chairs at the broadcasting station. Suyun was happily munching on some trail mix as the hair stylist was trying to find the perfect position to but the cat ear head band on her head.

“You’re not going to pass out again are you?” Bomi asked as she played a game on her phone.

“I don’t think so, but you never know.” Suyun gave her a little snarky smile. There was a knock on their door to their dressing room before it opened and Jackson walked in.

Yo.” He happily skipped over and went over to Suyun and placed a hand on her shoulder.

What’s up?” Suyun wasn’t even fully paying attention to Jackson; she was more interested in the trail mix since she just found five dried cranberries in a row. Jackpot. 

“Just getting ready to go on. What song are you guys doing?” Jackson looked over their outfits but it was just basic girly hip-hop attire so he really couldn’t tell.

I Got a boy by Girls Generation, how about you?” Suyun stood up and Jackson’s eyes automatically fell onto her exposed mid-drift. She was wearing a black crop top, jeans with American flags all over it, a jean jacket tied around her hips and metallic high tops.

“WOW! You need to put on some clothes!” Jackson let out his high pitched hyena laugh and Suyun playfully hit his arm.

Shut up! What song are you guys doing?” Suyun glared at him as she walked over to her bag and pulled out her phone.

A-Pink No No No.

“I HEARD MY GROUP NAME!” Bomi finally spoke up and Jackson just laughed and confirmed her suspicions. “I have no idea how you guys speak two different languages at once. I can barely speak Korean.” Bomi glared at the two who just shrugged their shoulders. Jackson had to leave because he had to get changed into his stage clothes. Suyun sat on the small couch they had in the room while Bomi happily had her makeup retouched. “You know that your fans ship you and Jackson together, right?”

“Huh? Oh…yeah…” Suyun didn’t really understand why JYP fans always paired Jackson and Suyun together but it was better than them putting Mark and her together. Mark was like an older brother to her so to hear that people saw them as a romantic couple was gross. But Jackson was just a friend so it was a little less awkward.

“Who do you like better, Jackson or Taekwoon?” Bomi looked in the mirror and saw that Suyun was glaring at her with a bright red face.

“What a stupid question.” Suyun muttered before looking back at her phone. She and Leo hadn’t really talked since they separated the night at the restaurant. They have talked in the group chat but they haven’t talked one on one. Suyun was afraid of what to say. Could she say that she likes him? What if he took back what he said? There were too many uncertainties that Suyun was afraid of. Rejection was one of Suyun’s biggest fears.

After an hour the girls were called to the back stage area to get their mics set up. It was the first time that the boys and the girls of the white team were seeing each other in their stage wear. Suyun saw Leo standing off to the side with his shirt being slightly lifted so the sound technician could hook his mic up to the back of his pants. He was wearing white shirt with mickey mouse on it paired with a jean jack and ripped jeans. His head was messily styled with fairly plain makeup. Suyun wanted to go over to him but she was pulled over by another staff member to get set up. When Leo heard the voices of the girls he looked around and saw Suyun with her back facing him. One of the male staff members was setting up her mic and as they did, the staff member was gently placing his hand on her exposed waist. Leo clenched his jaw, fighting back the urge to storm over to him and rip his arms off. Feeling as if she were being watched, Suyun looked over her shoulder and saw Leo staring at her intensely. She quickly looked away as she felt her face burning. The staff member finished and rushed off to finish up helping another member. Leo walked straight up to Suyun and grabbed her wrist before dragging her over to a large stage prop. He pulled them behind it so they were out of the view of the staff members and everyone else rushing around.

“Taekwoon oppa, what are you-“ Suyun could finish her question as Leo raised his hand up and cupped her face before quickly kissing her. Shocked, Suyun stood there as Leo kissed her. It only took three seconds before Suyun started to kiss back. The kiss started out gentle but as it continued it became more and more needy. “Oppa, wait-“ Suyun tried to stop the kiss but Leo just muttered the word ‘no’ under his breath before kissing her again. “Stop! My makeup is being ruined!” Suyun pulled away from the kiss, putting her hand over so he couldn’t kiss her again. “I have to get it fixed before we go on stage.” Suyun whispered and Leo just slightly nodded his head.

“I don’t like it when other guys touch you.” Leo ran his thumb over her cheek, making Suyun blush.

“He was just setting up my mic.” Suyun muttered but Leo shook his head.

“I don’t care. I don’t want to see the girl I like being touched by other men.” Even though it was dark back stage, Suyun could see Leo’s blushing face as he talked which only made her feel more embarrassed. “We really need to talk after filming today. This ‘some’ relationship is killing me.” Leo said before walking away leaving Suyun behind the stage prop by herself. Suyun was excited to talk with Leo so they can finally figure out what is going on between them. But for now she had to be professional. She headed over to her makeup artist who scolded her for smudging her lipstick. Suyun apologised to her multiple times but the makeup artist didn’t care. She never asked how it got smudged or why Leo needed to get his fixed as well. Entertainment staff members knew better than to ask what was going on between idols. If they knew they were in a relationship and didn’t tell the company than they would be in trouble.

With her makeup fixed, Suyun stood on the side with Bomi and Zelo as they waited for the stage to clear. Suyun would look over to Leo who was having a conversation with the rest of the guys and every once in a while their eyes would meet and Suyun would feel like she was melting into a puddle. This day couldn’t go by fast enough for Suyun.

----------------------------------

ask and you shall receive