Seventy One

Blue Blossom

">

Suyun was standing on the small set where she would be shooting the music video for her solo song ‘Crawling Ivy’. She was wearing a long flowing red dress that had to be carried about by one of the stylists. Suyun’s arm was in a sling as she stood in front of a black wall with fake Ivy stuck to it. A set staff member ran over and placed a microphone stand in front of Suyun as she was getting her hair fixed. She was in a complete daze as the staff took off her sling and she slowly lowered her arm to look normal as possible so fans wouldn’t know that she was hurt. The set was ready and everyone ran behind the camera as Suyun stood alone with everyone watching her. She shook herself out of the sad mood she was in and forced herself to act along with the song.

“Time will hide these scars but my soul will forever carry their weight. The only soft spot I had left was for you and me. I only hope now that my words can reach you and that you know that I will always love you like the first day we met all those years ago.” Suyun hated singing this song. It only reminded her of her mother more and it made every negative feeling she had bubble to the top. She hadn’t talk to Leo since she was left the hospital, Hanbi was running around practicing with other people who were going to take Suyun’s place during the rest of their promotions, the other girls were busy getting ready for the groups comeback in three months. Suyun was burnt out and there was no one she could turn to.

“Like climbing ivy you took over my life and now I don’t even know what I would be like without you. Don’t leave me here, so bare and unprotected, you’re love was the only thing holding me together.” The song carried on and Suyun continued to act in front of the camera was zoomed in on her and swerved around. Tears were brought to her eyes and she lowered her head.

“Everything I am is because of you. When I look into the mirror it’s you I see behind my eyes. One day we will see each other again and I hope you can embrace me in your warm embrace because I love you. I love you. I will continue loving you no matter what comes between us.” Suyun was now crying and the filming had to stop. She apologised and asked for an ice pack, pretending that the thing that was bothering her was her shoulder when really it was her heart that hurt. The filming continued for another two hours before Suyun was free to go. She sat in the van heading to the doctors to look at the condition of her should. With a quick glance at her phone, Suyun could see that no one had texted or called her. It had been a quiet couple of days and Suyun hated it. She was reading entertainment news when an article popped up about how it was speculated that Leo and Suyun had broken up. In the article they had pictures of the two of them without their couple bracelets or earrings and another picture was one of Suyun sitting on the ground crying which was clearly taken the night she dislocated her shoulder the second time but the article said that it must have happened because Leo had just broken up with her. Scrolling through the comments Suyun saw all the nasty and terrible things they were saying about her. Almost all of the comments were calling her names and saying that throwing a fit in the middle of the street was childish.  

“How are you feeling?” Her manager asked and Suyun just answered with a quick ‘fine’ and looked out the window. Suyun wondered what her life would have been like if she didn’t come to Korea to be a singer. Maybe her mother would be alive because she would have forced her to go to the doctors sooner. Maybe she could have become a teacher. Maybe she could have a boyfriend who didn’t care if they were seen in public together; in fact the man would flaunt it by constantly holding her hand and complimenting her. The rest of the week went on like this until Suyun could barely drag herself out of her bed because she was so depressed.

“Suyun unnie, wake up. You have to get to the hospital for your surgery.” Gayun gently woke Suyun up. The eldest girl sat up in her bed, looking at her shoulder that was badly swollen and bruised. It was the day of the surgery and Suyun was finally going to get her arm fixed once and for all.

“Thanks…are you free today?” Suyun asked as she swung her legs out of her bed.

“Actually I was going to hang out with Jackson, Amber unnie and Henry oppa. But I will be here when you get back from the surgery.” Gayun smiled brightly and Suyun just nodded her head. Suyun then politely asked Gayun to leave so she could get dressed. Truthfully her arm hurt so bad that she could barely get her shirt on without screaming. When she was all dressed Suyun sat on her bed and hung her head and before she could stop herself she started softly crying. Her father and Jason were back in LA but left sweet messages on her phone telling her that her surgery would be fine and everything would be back to normal. But that was it. No one else had said anything to her. Suyun felt like a disease in her team that was just dragging everyone down.

“You ready to go?” Her manager said through the door and Suyun quickly wiped away the tears.

“Yeah, let’s go.” Suyun put her arm in her sling and headed out with her manager; she decided to leave her phone in the apartment since no one has really talked to her in the past five days anyways. At the hospital she had to sign forms and get prepped. She was lying on a table with her upper body almost completely exposed to the nurses and doctors that surrounded her. Her hair was up in a hair net and a plastic mask was placed over her face.

“Just breathe in and out comfortably. Count down from ten and you will just drift to sleep.” The doctor said as he looked down at Suyun whose eyes were watering because of the bright lights. She looked up at the ceiling and started counting like the doctor said and before she even knew it, she was knocked out.

-

“Hello?” Juhee answered Suyun’s phone while she was running around, trying to find her favourite pair of sweatpants.

“Hey it’s Taekwoon, is Suyun there?” Leo was sitting around in his apartment. He and the rest of the VIXX had been getting ready for a comeback they had coming up. Leo was exhausted almost all of the time and he felt bad for not being able to talk to Suyun but he figured both of them were busy.

“Oh she’s at the hospital for her surgery.” Juhee found them under her bed and cheered for joy.

“What? She’s gone already? I didn’t think it would be this early.” Leo felt his stomach drop as he thought about Suyun having to be at the hospital all by herself.

“Yeah….she should be in surgery right now actually.” Juhee said as she looked over the clock on the wall.

“Thanks. Bye.” Leo hung up and rushed around looking for his wallet and borrow the car keys from his manager.

“Where are you going?” Ravi asked as he walked around in his boxers, eating cereal directly from the box.

“Suyun is having her surgery now. I have to go visit her.” Leo was out the door in a flash. He hasn’t been a good boyfriend for the last little while, but he was going to make it up to her if it were the last thing he ever did. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------