Twenty Four

Blue Blossom

It was the day of the final show down and both teams had been at the filming site since daybreak. Instead of being inside of the broadcasting station it was on an outside stage where staff members were setting up rows and rows of chairs on the grass as well as cleaning the stadium chairs that surrounded the stage. The groups had been preparing for the outside stage for about two days now so everyone was getting comfortable with it. The props were very elaborate and the staffs were focusing on the stage lighting since the dance numbers were going to be performed when it was dark out but the ballads were going to be around sun set. Suyun and Leo were called up onto the stage for a run through and the two of them ran out of their team tent in the back and headed up on the large stage. They were given mics and they securely put their ear pieces on place so they could hear the music.

“Fighting!” Leo and Suyun cheered as they went off into their places. Suyun was sitting on a white and red stripped bench with fake tress that had twinkling fairy lights wrapped through their branches. It all looked very romantic except for Suyun who was still in her jeans, baggy tee shirt and high tops. Leo was off stage, watching as Suyun awkwardly looked around and waiting for the song to come on. Their practice finally started and the rest of the white team was sitting in the front row, cheering when Suyun started singing. She could help but laugh when they all started doing the fan chant for the song.

Their practice went by quickly and soon they were ushered off of the stage and the next duet was setting up. Suyun quickly bowed to Baro from B1A4 and G.NA who were coming up and taking their place. She then went back to the waiting tent and was forced to get her hair and makeup done as camera men were circling around them and asking them how they were feeling. Honestly, Suyun thought she was going to throw up. For some reason she was taking this show too seriously and she was afraid that the viewers would think that she was coming off too strong.

“Want to watch our latest episode? I wanted to watch it when it came out but I was too busy.” Zelo and Bomi sat on either side of Suyun as she had her hair pulled and styled for the duet but could quickly be changed for the dance stage. Zelo held out his iPad and hit the play button, the show starting off with its usual introduction of everybody on the teams and giving a quick run through of the past performances and who was eliminated. They decided to skipped over the other teams parts and just watch their own. The three of them were laughing hysterically at the parts where CAP and Bomi were just yelling at each other over stupid things like having matching shoe laces.

“You two are ridiculous.” Suyun said and Bomi just shrugged her shoulders. That was her relationship with CAP; they mostly fought but they were strangely close to each other as well. They continued to watch and made little comments on that the editors had put it, but they grew deathly silent when Suyun and Leo’s duet practice time showed up. The editors had put it in such a way that it seemed like they were forcing them to be a couple just for the show. Romantic comments were popping up onto the screen and sweet music played in the back as they showed a muted shot of the two of them singing while sitting back to back. Suyun grew ridged and looked to Bomi who was just watching it with an awkward smile on her face.

Suyun was furious with the editors for painting Leo and her in such a painfully obvious light. When the show ended Zelo closed it and looked at how awkward Suyun and Bomi were that he just decided to excuse himself and run off to find someone else to hang around with.

“I figured I should show you this…” Bomi pulled out her phone and after scrolling around for a minute, she pulled up an article with a picture of Leo and Suyun standing beside each other on one of their stages.

‘VIXX’s Leo and Love-E’s Suyun in a relationship?’

“This is stupid!” Suyun didn’t even bother to read the article and just shoved Bomi’s hand away. She hadn’t heard anything from the company so maybe not too many people were asking question about her and Leo. Hours passed and members from various groups showed up, giving support to their group members team. An hour before the show started, VIXX’s N and Hyuk showed up, loudly announcing themselves before walking into the tent where everyone was sitting around and warming up in their own way.

“Taekwoonie!” N playfully cheered as he walked over to his friend who didn’t budge from his chair. He gave the annoyed man a back hug and whispered something in his ear. Leo looked over to Suyun who perked up, she knew they must have been talking about her by the way Leo nodded his head and stood up from his chair. On their way over to her Leo introduced his friends to the other members of the group before walking over to Suyun who was putting on her shoes at the time. She quickly stood up, her heels slightly digging into the soft ground. For the duet stage Suyun was wearing a floral patterned long sleeved chiffon dress paired with metallic heels and she had her hair down in loose curls. But since they had to do a quick introduction at the beginning of the show she was now just wearing a simple, body tight white dress and light pink shoes.

“Suyun, this is N and Hyuk.” Leo gestured towards his friends who bowed to Suyun who awkwardly bowed back.

“It’s nice to meet you.” Suyun said as she took the mic set up from a staff member that walked up to her.

“It’s nice to finally meet you too. We have heard so much about you.” N said with a large smile on his face.

“What are you even saying?” Leo said to him in shock, nudging him with his elbow while N just laughed. Hyuk formally introduced himself to Suyun who was flustered by his maturing sounding words.

“Can I take a selfie with you?” N asked and Suyun agreed quickly. N, Hyuk and even Leo surrounded Suyun and N politely asked a passing staff member to take a picture of them. They all struck the same pose and smile in the picture and N happily put it on his twitter.

“White team stand by!” Someone yelled into the tent and everyone on the team quickly rushed out into the wings of the stage. They could hear the audience chattering and occasionally breaking out into chants and singing. The lights on the stage dimmed down and a giant screen started playing the updated version of the intro to show off just the two teams and the crowd cheered when their favourite member should up on the screen. It then went dark again and the two teams charged onto the stage and did a little routine where they weaved between the members of the opposite team and had a little standoff with their ‘equals’ on the other team. They ended and stood in a row in front of the judges and the MC introduced everyone and what was going on. After their introduction the teams were taken off of the stage. Leo and Suyun ran to their separate tents and got changed into their duet clothes. Suyun then took to the stage and sat on the bench. She could see out into the crowd and saw her small group of fans farther off into the distance with Love-E signs and her name written in bright colours.

 The music started and Suyun calmly started off the song with some of the fans chanting along with them. At Leo’s part he walked onto the stage and all of the VIXX fans erupted into deafening cheers. He walked up stage, turning his back slightly onto Suyun who stood up and slowly walked over to him. She turned away from him also but as they started to sing the chorus they both reached out behind them and took the other person’s hands, and turned to each other with huge smiles on their faces.  When it came for Suyun’s line about the promise, they separated their hands as she held out her pinky finger and, like they practiced, Leo wrapped his pinky around hers and they stayed linked together for the rest of the performance. The song ended and the two of them were looking into each other’s eyes with a sweet smile on their face. They then faced the crowd and gave a little wave before Leo took Suyun’s hand and led her off of the stage to the sound of some very unhappy STARLIGHTS. “See you soon.” Leo said before letting go of her hand and the two of them rushed off into their separate tents to get changed for the group dance that was going to happen in a little bit.

As Suyun shimmied into her dress and her hair stylist worked on changing her hair into a stylish high bun.  While in a daze, Suyun had a thought pop up into her head. When the show ended, she wouldn’t have a reason to see Leo on a semi-constant basis. She had no idea why she hadn’t thought of this before. This thought scared her as scenarios ran through her head and she worried that she and Leo would turn into that kpop couple that would separate due to never seeing each other.