Twenty Eight

Blue Blossom

">

Love-E were woken up, Suyun was a little more sluggish than normal. The girls were piled into their van and were brought to the hair salon where they got ready for their performance. Suyun had fallen asleep in the seat as the young woman curled her hair into loose waves and braided her bangs back. Almost two hours later the girls were then put back into the van and brought to the broadcasting station. Suyun put a medial mask with a cat nose design over her face and a black snapback pulled down low over her eyes. She waved to her fans, and caught a glimpse at the bracelet that was still hanging on her wrist. It made her smile but she slowly brought it back down to her side and waved with her other hand, a little action that none of the fans seemed to notice.

Once in the station and in their waiting room, the girls were being shoved into clothes that were being tailored onto their bodies as they tried it on. Suyun was wearing a black sleeveless crop top with a red tight covering under it. She was then wearing tight black and white striped pants that hung low on her hips, exposing the red and black band of the mens boxer briefs she had to wear. All of this was paired with brightly coloured and chunky jewellery and sparky eye makeup and cherry red lips. Suyun refused to wear her shoes which were neon green sneakers with three inch heels in them. When she saw done Suyun tried to get some sleep before their rehearsal stage but their managers kept bugging them about helping them fill in paper work for a show they were going to do after recording. It was After School Club and it was an all English show, so when their managers for forms to fill out in English that came running to Suyun to explain it all to them and to read over everything from the show.

Suyun thought about seeing if Leo every texted her back but when she went searching for her phone, she couldn’t find it anywhere. Thinking back, Suyun remembered that she had thrown her phone onto the ground and in her sleep deprived state; she forgot to pick it up. With a heavy sigh and a little bit of limb flailing, Suyun grew angry at herself for her carelessness. They were called up and did their rehearsal to the sound of their fan chants, most of which were from the men in the crowd. It went on for hours as they rehearsed, waited, performed, waited. After almost four hours of just hanging around, the group was given the all clear to leave to their next schedule with ASC. The girls had to change their clothes into something much more casual. Suyun happily kicked away the heels and put on some plain white sneakers, baggy green cargo pants, black tee-shirt and a jean jacket that had patches of cheetah print on it.

“Text Leo recently?” Juhee asked as she looked over songs on her playlist, trying to decide which one she was going to listen to. Suyun started fiddling with the bracelet; she felt like a terrible girlfriend for not remembering her cellphone.

“I forgot my phone back at the dorm. I haven’t spoken to him since last night.” Suyun sighed heavily and Juhee figured she was stepping on something that her unnie had been sore about all day. The leader quickly moved off of the topic of Leo and onto the show they were going to film.

Hey!” Kevin from U-kiss entered the girl’s waiting room as they waited for the show to start.

“Hello!” All of the girls called out and stood up from the round table they were gathered around. Kevin then went on to introduce himself and the girls did the same. He went on to explain that Eric Nam was running a little late and that they would have to do the rehearsal without him. The girls were sad that he wasn’t going to be there but they were also relieved that one less host meant one less English speaker. Suyun was the only one feeling comfortable at the moment because she could understand what everyone was saying in both languages, the others were just floundering off on the side. They went out onto the set and practiced for about forty five minutes before they Eric showed up and apologised to the girls and to the staff members. The show finally started and the two male hosts started out the show by complimenting each other by saying they were ‘lovely’, clearly a pun on the group’s name.

The show went fairly smooth for the first half. The girls loved being able to see the tweets from their international fans and seeing their faces on the screen. It wasn’t until it was time for a guessing game. The fans were asked to fill out a poll and guess the member that was most relevant to the question.

First question,” Eric called out to the staff and on the large screen popped up the first question, “Who is going to be the first member to get married?” Kevin went on to explain the question in Korean to the girls.

Do we all pick or..like…what?” Suyun hadn’t spoken for most of the show, not knowing really what to say.

You all pick who you think it is and then we will show you who the fans think.” Kevin went on to explain and the girls understood. On the count of three all of the girls, including herself, pointed to Suyun.

“She’s the eldest.” Ara explained their choice and Suyun just nodded her head.

I am an old geezer.” Suyun said making the hosts laugh. They showed the answer and the international fans almost all thought Gayun was going to get married first.

“What?!” Hanbi and Ara yelled and looked at Gayun who was just laughing awkwardly off to the side. “But our grandmother needs to get married!” Hanbi placed a hand on Suyun’s shoulder and she just hung her head to hide her laughing face.

“Gayun will never get married!” Suyun loudly spoke up; surprising the two MC’s a little bit. When they asked for an explination as to why not Suyun’s head almost exploded. “She is determined to marry Zico from Block B! No other men will every compare to him!” Suyun was angrily waving her finger at Gayun who was hiding behind Juhee from embarrassment at the mention of Zico’s name. Everyone was roaring with laughter at Suyun’s sudden outburst. She didn’t know why she was acting up so much; maybe it was the lack of sleep.

“Who eats the most?” The girls voted Gayun and the fans agreed.

“Who is the pickiest eater?” The girls all unanimously voted for Suyun but the fans thought it would be Ara; everyone agreeing it was because she was maknae and everyone saw her as a baby. They went on to explain that Suyun was one of the weirdest people they have ever met. She was an American that hated eggs and bacon. She couldn’t stand pork, refused to eat anything lemon flavoured and would live off of apple juice if she could. Suyun didn’t argue any of these points and ever had a hard time convincing the two American MC’s that she hated the foods. But at the continuous mention of eggs, Suyun was started to feel sick and asked them to stop mentioning it.

“What member would get a pet first?” The girls were split between Suyun and Hanbi, explaining that the two were avid animal lovers and the fans were pretty much split up as well. There were a few more questions about the girls but Suyun was growing more and more quiet, slipping back into her normal self. The showed ended after an hour of filming and the girls thanked all of the staff members and the MC’s for their hard work. Suyun even exchanged numbers with Kevin and Eric, explaining that she forgot her phone at home but they wrote their numbers down on paper and gave it to her so she wouldn’t lose it. The girls were sitting in the car, on their way to their next schedule which was an outdoor performance. Suyun was half awake when their manager got a phone call and angrily it at her, explaining that it was the PR team.

“Hello?” Suyun said, a little confused as why they would be calling her.

“Are you in a relationship right now?” They asked and Suyun choked on her own saliva.

“W-What?” Suyun sputtered into the phone, Hanbi patting her back to help her breathe again. “No, I’m not.” Lies.

“There are photos of you and M.I.B’s Kangnam out on a date last night. If you are in a relationship, tell us right now.” The woman on the other end of the phone sounded angry and a little bit panicked.

“Photos? What do you mean photos?” Suyun questioned, looking to Hanbi who took out her phone and quickly started searching through the news for what Suyun could be talking about.

“There are photos of you and Kangnam at a restaurant and then leaving together in van. Now tell us the truth, are you dating him?”

“No! I’m not dating him! The whole white team went out for a ‘good-bye’ dinner. It wasn’t a date.” Suyun was frantic and she could see everyone looking at her, growing silent and waiting for the rest of the conversation.

“If we find out later that you and he are a couple, we will be very angry Suyun.” The PR woman said and Suyun promised that she and Kangnam weren’t a couple and then hung up.

“Here.” Hanbi handed Suyun her phone, everyone leaning in to see the supposed photos of the two on a date. There were tons of articles about the breaking news of Suyun and Kangnam dating. The photos were of Suyun and Kangnam in the front of the restaurant, right when she and Bomi got there, but because Bomi stepped inside first it looked like it was just Kangnam and Suyun. Then it was photos from when they were saying goodbye with his hand on her shoulder, Suyun touching his arm, the two of them hugging and then Suyun pushing Kangnam into the van and it made it seem like they were both rushing to get inside.

BULL !” Suyun screamed in the car, angrily handing Hanbi her phone back. She folded her arms across her chest and pouted. There was nothing worse than a dating scandal to put a fold in the group. Suyun could see her manager and the two maknaes looking at Suyun, a little in doubt about her proclamation. “I AM NOT DATING KANGNAM!” Suyun angrily yelled, her eyes filling with tears. The only one to truly believe her was Juhee who was the only one to fully know everything that was going on with her and Leo. Suyun wanted nothing more than to call him and hear his voice, but she was a giant idiot and forgot her phone on the floor.