Six

Blue Blossom

">http://

The girls were at home and were in the middle of being weighed. Suyun was holding onto Ara’s hair and was slightly pulling her up so some of the pressure would be taken off of the scale. The manager noted their weight loss and said it was okay for them to eat dinner after they cleaned.

“Ummm…”Suyun pulled the manager to the side as the other girls went about getting the cleaning supplies they would need. “I was wondering if I could go out.” Suyun had never asked to go out alone in the two years since their debut so for her to ask was a big deal.

“Where are you going?” He asked and Suyun became nervous. She didn’t know why, she was just going to hang out with a friends, but it still made her anxious.

“I’m going to meet up with a friend that I haven’t seen in a while.” Twenty four hours was a long time in Suyuns mind.

“Is it a boy?” When the manager asked this Suyun felt her stomach drop. She wasn’t good at lying and she didn’t want to have to lie to her manager.

“No.” Suyun thought she was going to throw up. Her manager looked her over and let out a large sigh.

“Fine, but you have to be back at the dorm before we leave in……five hours.” Her manager left to go to his room that was also in the dorm and Suyun did a little victory dance. She apologised to the girls that she couldn’t stay to help clean because she was going out. Suyun text Leo and he sent her the address of the place they were going to meet up. After Suyun secretly explained to Juhee that she was meeting Leo, Juhee agreed to help pick her outfit if she promised to tell her everything that would happen on their little get-together. Suyun got changed into a black and white plaid shirt with a yellow pullover sweater pair with black skinny jeans, white flats and a facemask and black hat, Suyun was ready to leave. She put on her mask and hat and pulled her hair into a ponytail. She had called a taxi earlier so when she went downstairs it was already waiting for her. Suyun gave him the address and he speedily took her to the little barbeque restaurant.

“Over here.” Leo called out when Suyun paid the taxi driver. He was standing by the front door and Suyun quickly walked over to greet him. He was also wearing a hat and facemask. It was like the first items idols buy when they debut so people don’t follow them around and take their picture. They headed into the restaurant together and automatically went to the second floor and into the very back corner where a booth was already set up with side dishes, two bottles of coke and single bottle of soju. “I got here a few minutes ago so the ahjumma already brought everything.” Leo sat down and Suyun sat across from him. There was no one else on the second floor and even if there was, they would have to come looking for the back booth that they were in so the two of them took off their hats and facemask.

“Ah, finally. That feels so much better.” Suyun took a deep breath and looked at all the side dishes laid out in front of her.

“How was work?” Leo opened the soju and politely poured some into a little glass for Suyun. She thanked him and waited for him to fill his glass before they both drank it in one shot. Suyun was weak to alcohol so she drank a little bit of coke afterwards to try and get rid of the taste. Leo did the same so Suyun figured he was weak to it as well.

“Good. We had a photo shoot and it took all day. We were supposed to have a surprise fan meet but it got pushed to tomorrow.” Suyun felt her phone buzz in her purse. “Oh, hold on a second.” Suyun apologised and grabbed her phone, thinking that maybe it was her manager.

From: ~Bomi~

Want to hang out??? I miss you SuSu~

Suyun grimaced at the text that was dripping with aegyo and let out a sigh.

“Who is it?” Leo ate a little bit of the radish kimchi and drank a little bit more soju.

“It’s Bomi, she wants to know if I want to hang out with her.” Suyun rolled her eyes and text her right back.

“I beat her to it.” Leo said confidently and Suyun chuckled.

From: My lovely SuSu

Can’t. I’m with someone else. Bye.

With that Suyun put her phone back in her purse and looked at Leo who was looking right back at her. She felt her heart skip a beat so she quickly reached out her glass and Leo poured her more soju.

“How was your day?” She asked right before she drank the soju in one shot again. As if Suyun reminded him of something Leo stood up a little and pulled out a folded up piece of paper and handed it to her.

“Kangnam hyung told me to give you that.” Leo didn’t seem happy about being a messenger and Suyun laughed. The ahjumma came over and asked them if they wanted anything to eat. “I’m on a diet.” Leo admitted and Suyun said she was as well. They both smiled to each other evilly and ended up ordering two servings of meat to grill. “What is it?” Leo asked about the paper as he ate a little bit more kimchi. Suyun opened it and saw the little note that Kangnam had written her. He was asking her if she wanted to have dinner with him one night so that they could get to know each other.

“He is just asking me to hang out with him.” Suyun shrugged and wondered why he didn’t just text her that. Leo didn’t believe her so he asked for the note and read it himself. He laughed and thought about ripping it up, but instead he gave it back to her.

“He is asking you out on a date.” Leo said it laughing and Suyun read the note over trying to find where he was asking her out on a date. She couldn’t believe it and Leo couldn’t help but smile at how naive she was. “Oh and I was supposed to tell you that Zico demands you come to every practice from now on because he can’t handle Bomi.”

“I can’t either!” Suyun said and the two of them laughed. The meat showed up and Leo took the charge with grilling it with was good because Suyun knew she would burn it. They talked and ate for three hours until Suyun got a text from her manager saying that she had to come back to the dorm soon. They put on their hats and facemasks and the two of them headed down stairs. Suyun offered to pay but Leo refused and he ended up paying for everything. They walked out of the restaurant and walked down the street together, making sure to stick to the shadows. Leo waved down a taxi for Suyun and she was about to get in the back seat when she stopped.

“What’s wrong?” Leo asked, thinking that maybe she had forgotten something at the restaurant.

“I had a really nice time.” Suyun said and even though the mask was covering her face, Leo could tell she was smiling.

“Me too.” Leo admitted and he nervously fidgeted. “Maybe we can hang out again..just the two of us” He was shy when he asked this because noticed how quiet his voice had gotten.

“Yeah, I would like that.” Suyun felt shy as well. They were quiet for a few more seconds before they said their goodbyes and Suyun got into the taxi. As the taxi drove away Suyun looked out the back window and saw that Leo was still standing in the same spot, watching her drive away. Once in the taxiSuyun looked at her texts. Ten of them were from Bomi demanding to know who she was with and if they had a chance of taking her place as her best friend.

From: My lovely Susu

I was with Leo. No. He isn’t going to take your place as my best friend. You’re stuck with me. Idiot.

Suyun turned off her phone and asked the driver to go faster since she didn’t want to get scolded by her manager. She made it to the apartment building and cursed the elevator for being so slow. She opened the door and stepped inside. The manager stuck his head out of his bedroom door and looked like she had woke him up.

“Get to sleep. I will wake you in an hour.” He said in his half-awake state and closed the door again. Suyun nodded her head and scurried into the bedroom she shared with Juhee and Gayun. Suyun slipped into some comfortable clothes and crawled into the blankets, praying that she didn’t wake anyone. She was supposed to try and nap before they start their busy schedule, but Suyun was full of so much energy that there was no way she was going to rest. All she could think about was the time she spent with Leo and all of the stupid things she said which she wishes she could take back. They were supposed to have dance practice again later that day for Kpop Wars and she hope their hanging out didn’t bring any awkwardness between them. Suyun stared at the ceiling, her fingers itching to text someone, anyone. She wanted to talk to them about what she was feeling or what she might have been feeling. Suyun, for once, wished that Bomi was awake so that they could talk.