Eight

Blue Blossom

It was raining when Leo arrived at the recording studio. He had come straight from an interview with the rest of VIXX so they were just dropping him off there then they were going off to their next schedule. He stepped out of the van and saw Suyuns manager was standing by another van parked a little further away.

“Is Suyun here?” Leo asked her manager and the unhappy looking man nodded off towards a figure that was crouched down on the ground in a large black hoodie with pink horns coming out of the hood. He thanked the manager and went over to see what Suyun was doing. With a simple peek over her shoulder, Leo saw that she was trying to lure a small cat who was hiding behind a garbage can. Instead of calling out her name, Leo stood by and watched as Suyun tried to bright the cat closer to her. Eventually the cat ran off and Suyun pouted a little bit. She stood up and turned around and was face to face with Leo. Suyun let out a yelp and jumped away from him. Leo started laughing and Suyun jutted out her lower lip.

“That wasn’t funny oppa!” Suyun whined and Leo couldn’t help but smile at how cute she was.

“Come on, let’s get inside.” Leo escorted Suyun into the recording studio where everyone but CAP was sitting around and waiting for them. There were even a few cameras recording them.

“Susu~” Bomi jumped off of the couch that was pressed against the back wall and she hugged Suyun tightly. “Cute sweater.” Bomi pulled at the horns and Suyun swatted her hands away.

“This is Ara’s. It’s raining outside so she made me take it.” Suyun started taking off her sweater but her shirt underneath it started to come up with it as well, showing off her midriff. Leo’s eyes widened at her exposed skin and quickly looked away with a reddening face. Bomi quickly reached out and held her shirt down as Suyun pulled the sweater over her head. She thanked Bomi and was really embarrassed so she let her friend take her away and show her something on her cellphone.

“Okay so while there is someone recording in the booth we want to get some interviews with you guys.” The PD said and everyone nodded their head. CAP came running in the room a few seconds later and the PD explained himself again. Suyun excused herself and left the room and was then searching for the bathroom. On her way where, she ran into Kangnam who was just left the bathroom.

“Suyun!” Kangnam smiled happily when he bumped into her and she just awkwardly looked around.

“Hey Kangnam oppa.” Suyun shyly greeted him and tried to step around him but Kangnam kept getting in her way.

“Did you get my note from Taekwoon?” Kangnam said and Suyun was reminded of the note Leo gave her where Kangnam was asking her out.

“Yeah, I got it.” Suyun at this point really needed to go to the bathroom and she didn’t want to talk to Kangnam about hanging out together.

“So, what do you think? Do you want to..go out…sometime?” Kangnam, who constantly came off as cool and confident, was now muttering and blushing as he stood in front of Suyun.

“I can’t think of a reason why we couldn’t hang out.” Suyun said and Kangnam was excited and said that he would text her with the details. Suyun excused herself and rush into the bathroom. Kangnam headed back to the recording studio where Zelo was in the booth. He sat on the couch beside Leo who was quietly looking at the cameras and then back at his lines that he was still memorizing.

“Thanks for giving Suyun the note.” Kangnam whispered to Leo so that no one else would be able to hear them. Leo just nodded his head and tried to focus on the lyrics. “Her and I are going to hang out later.” When Kangnam said that Leo looked at him and saw the proud smile on his face and Leo wanted to hit him.

“Does anyone know where Suyun is? We want to start the interviews with her.” The PD said.

“I’ll go get her.” Leo stood up and walked out of the room as Zico jokingly scolded Zelo in the recording booth. Suyun came around the corner and saw Leo stepped out of the room and the corner of turned up in a smile. “They’re looking for you.” Leo walked over to Suyun and they stood in the hallways, leaning on opposite walls.

“For the interview?” Suyun asked and Leo nodded his head. Suyun let out a sigh as she dreaded being stuck in a room surrounded by cameras. She looked at Leo and he seemed to having something on his mind. “What’s wrong?” Suyun didn’t like the way that Leo was being cold to her.

“You’re going to hang out with Kangnam?” Leos voice was sharp when he spoke to Suyun. His cold gaze shot right through her and Suyun wanted to quickly run away.

“Yeah, why not?” Suyun didn’t necessarily want to hang out with Kangnam, but she didn’t want to be rude and he actually was a good friend.

“I thought we we’re going to…hang out…” Leo’s gaze had change and he was now looking at the floor as he swung his foot back and forth.

“We will, just after I spend some time with Kangnam oppa.” Hearing Suyun call someone else oppa was a little upsetting and Leo let out a little sigh of frustration.

“Why do you have to see him?” Leo asked, putting his hands in his pant pockets.

“Because him and I are friends. Just like how you and I are friends.” Suyun didn’t like all of this questioning; she didn’t understand where it was all coming from. Why did he suddenly care who she was hanging out with?

“What if I don’t want to be just friends with you? What if I want more?” Leo was standing tall and he took a step towards Suyun. She felt her heart stop as she looked at Leo with his unwavering gaze. Suyun’s knees grew weak as the words she wanted to saw sat in , afraid to come out.

The PD popped his head out of the room and spotted the two of them down the hall and it looked like the two of them were fighting with just how intensely they were staring at each other.

“Suyun, we will be having the interview in the room next door. Can you please go inside?”  The PD called out. Suyun was the first one to look away from their staring contest and she politely agreed to the interview. She looked back at Leo and he stood there, an unmoving statue of determination.

“Bye.” Suyun whispered before heading off into the room where the interviews were being held. She looked back once more before entering the room and Leo was still standing at the far end of the hallway, staring at the spot Suyun was standing in only seconds ago and then she entered the room. They sat her down in front of two camera and they began asking her questions on what her first impressions of everyone was.

“Well, I knew Bomi before we joined Kpop Wars. She and I are actually close friends, believe it or not.”

“Zico oppa is really active and he keeps everyone motivated when we’re all struggling to keep going.”

“CAP oppa is….CAP….there really is no other way to describe him. He is loud, funny and like an older brother.”

“Zelo is so cute. I totally understand why he has so many Noona fans. He is the hardest working maknae I have ever seen. BAP must be very proud of him.”

“Kangnam oppa is hilarious. He is the same on and off the camera. There is never a dull moment with Kangnam oppa around.”

“Leo oppa…” Suyun grew quiet and she tried to find the right words to describe him and not make it obvious that he was constantly on her mind. “…he is very kind. He might be shy on camera but when the cameras are gone he is always taking care of everyone. I trust him the most out of everyone on the team.” Suyun looked to the staff members and they were happy with her answers. They then asked her other questions regarding to the training schedule and how she felt doing this show since she very rarely came out on variety shows. She said she was thankful for the opportunity and said she would work her hardest for the white team and for Love-E who were supporting her the whole time.

The interview was done and the staff asked Suyun to call in Zelo if he was done recording. She said her goodbyes to the staff and went into the room next door. Suyun told them that they wanted Zelo next so Zico gave him a break and told Kangnam to get into the booth next. Bomi was sitting on one side of the couch and Leo was sitting on the other. He had his legs crossed and he was staring straight ahead at Kangnam who stepped into the booth and was putting on his head phones. Suyun didn’t want to sit beside Leo. In fact, she wanted to be as far away from him as possible. She didn’t know why her heart beat faster and faster every time she took a step towards him, but she didn’t like it. She didn’t like that her palms were sweaty and that she felt like she was about to have a heart attack. Suyun sat on the couch arm beside Bomi and leaned up against her friend who didn’t complain about the sudden cuddling coming from her usually cold and shy friend. Suyun just wanted to record her part and leave. Being around Leo was becoming too much for her to handle.

-------------------------------------------

Leo vs Kangnam???