Sixty Six

Blue Blossom

">

Suyun walked into the apartment, fiddling with her new phone that was all shiny and sleek. She even bought a new heavy-duty case so it wouldn’t get broken any time soon. Their manager was in the door for two seconds before Juhee practically tackled him.

“Oppa, take us to the studio please! We want to practice!” Juhee begged him.

“But you don’t have any lessons today.” He whined, their manager just wanted to sit down and relax.

“We called and asked for some extra dance lessons. Hanbi is going to work on her vocals for the sub-unit.” Gayun already have her shoes on. With a grunt their manager said he would take them but he made Suyun promise not to leave without someone’s help.

“I’m going to be resting mostly, don’t worry.” Suyun shuffled over to the couch and the television. The four girls gave each other an evil smirk. They all knew that Leo was going to be over in maybe ten minutes but they figured they should let it be a surprise for Suyun. The girls left and headed to their company to practice. Suyun surfed through the channels for a few minutes before she got bored and wandered over into the kitchen to get herself a drink. She grabbed a bottle of water and was about to open it before she realized it was almost impossible for her. The doorbell rang and Suyun put the bottle down vowing to come back to it. She ran to the door and with some struggle she managed to open it. Standing there was Leo with a concerned look on his face. “Oppa?” Suyun said with wide eyes.

“Hey.” Leo forced a smile. It was difficult since he hated seeing Suyun with a sling.

“Uh…come in…” Suyun stepped aside and rummaged through the shoe closet for some slippers which she laid down in front of him. Once Leo was inside the apartment he took a better look at Suyun in her shorts and tee shirt. He could see the bruises on her legs and winced as he imagined how much that must have hurt. Suyun followed his gaze and when she saw that he was looking at her legs she became flustered. “Oh, I’m sorry! I’ll go get changed.” Suyun shuffled away into her bedroom and closed the door leaving Leo all alone. He stepped further into the apartment and looked around. It was then that he realized that girls and boys were really very different. His dorm was covered in clothes and empty dishes while the girls had plants and half eaten cake on the table. Suyun came back out five minutes later in sweat pants.

“You didn’t have to change.” Leo said as he followed Suyun into the kitchen.

“I was getting cold anyways. Do you want anything to eat or drink? We have cake…vegetables…water…that’s about it.” Suyun chuckled as she looked over the fridge and how empty it was.

“I’m fine.” Leo said and Suyun grabbed her water bottle and began struggling with it again. He grabbed it from her naturally and opened it for her.

“Thanks.” Suyun shyly said and Leo just smiled softly to her. “So..uh…why are you here? I mean…I like that you’re here but I just didn’t know you were coming.” Suyun led Leo to the couch where they both sat down.

“Hakyeon called Juhee this morning and set it up so I could spend some time with you.” Leo said as she gently watched over Suyun who sipped her water. She nodded her head, only now figuring out why the girls were acting so weird before. “So…how are you?” Leo asked and Suyun couldn’t help but smirk.

“Swell. I feel like I have been on a month long vacation.” Suyun said with heavy sarcasm and Leo rolled his eyes.

“You know what I mean.” Leo said back.

“I’m fine oppa, you don’t need to worry….…” Suyun said as she suddenly jumped up, the movement hurting her shoulder.

“What’s wrong? Are you in pain?” Leo stood up as well, holding out his hands in case he had to grab her or something.

“I forgot to get my pain medication while out with my manager.” Suyun sighed heavily and went to sit back down again but Leo grabbed her uninjured arm.

“We can go get it now if you want. Where is your doctors note for the prescription?” Leo was already walking around looking for the note. Suyun pointed it out the folded piece of paper on the kitchen counter. Leo grabbed it and went to the front door to get his shoes on. Normally Suyun would never be seen walking around in her crappy pair of black sports sandals but they were easy to slip on and were fairly comfortable. Leo wrapped Suyun’s light jacket around her shoulders and handed her a hat that she pulled low on her face. “Ready?” Leo asked once Suyun grabbed her wallet.

“Ready~” She happily cheered, trying not to worry Leo about her whole arm that was in pain. It was a slow pain that was building and building under his skin and deep within her joints. The two left the apartment building and walked to the drug store which was only a few blocks away from her building. They walked in and Suyun was panting when they arrived. Leo sat her down on the small chair by the prescription counter while he did all of the work for her.

“Tired?” He asked as the pharmacist went into the back to get the medicine ready.

“I didn’t know I would be this tired from just walking around for a few minutes.” Suyun complained before hanging her head. Leo knew she must be feeling bad about herself at the moment and he wanted to cheer her up. Once they had the medicine they put it into her purse and headed back out onto the streets.

“Ice cream?” Leo asked as they walked up to an ice cream cart on the side of the road.

“Yes please.” Suyun said with a bright smile and Leo bought them two vanilla ice cream cones. For the rest of the walk Suyun happily hummed while eating her ice cream and Leo laughed at how adorable she was. When they made it back to the dorm they sat down on the couch in complete silence.

“Phone.” Leo held out his hand and Suyun slowly took out her new phone, not really knowing what Leo wanted with it. He grabbed it and put in his information and then took a picture of himself as the picture that shows up when he calls. “I put myself as speed dial number one.” Leo handed it back to her and Suyun’s face lit up with excitement.

“Wow, you’re so handsome.” Suyun said as she looked over his photo of his bare smiling face.

“Of course I’m handsome.” Leo joked and Suyun rolled her eyes before turning off her phone. She didn’t want any distractions as she talked to Leo. They talked about the accident, about his time in the US and how much they wished to spend more time together. The meeting once a month was killing them and they wish they could be more comfortable when they did meet up. It was then that Suyun decided to get her own apartment. It would solve a lot of problems for everyone. She could stay up as late as she wanted, she could have her own room, Leo could come and visit, her family could stay with her. It was a win-win for everyone.

--

Hanbi sat in the vocal training room as she looked through her phone at some news articles she was reading online about the best type of tea to drink for sore throats. It was boring and Hanbi didn’t feel like practicing for the comeback since she didn’t even know if it was going to go on as planned. Her phone started ringing and Gongchans name popped up on the screen.

“Hey.” Hanbi happily said.

“Hey. I was wondering if you want to come and hang out.” Gongchan asked as a few people laughing could be heard in the background.  

“Sure, I have nothing else to do. Where are you? “ Hanbi asked.

“I’m at the Han river with Hongbin.” Gongchan said happily. Hanbi froze when she heard the name. Gongchan still didn’t know about the kiss and she didn’t know if she was ever going to tell him about it.

“Sure…I’ll be there in thirty minutes…” Hanbi said with a shaking voice. She hung up the phone and dragged herself out of the safety of her company and jumped into a cab heading to the Han River. When she arrived she walked around for a few minutes before she spotted Gongchan and Hongbin sitting on a bench laughing about something they saw on Gongchan’s phone. “Hey!” Hanbi called out, trying to sound as normal as possible. Both boys turned to look at her and they both had very different emotions. Gongchan was ecstatic about seeing Hanbi as his face lit up with joy. Hongbin on the other hand looked full of surprise and dread. Hanbi walked over and forced a smile as the two boys stood up and towered over her.

“I haven’t seen you in so long!” Gongchan said before embracing Hanbi tightly. She was startled by his sudden skinship and she looked over to Hongbin who couldn’t even bring himself to pretend to smile. He looked angry. Gongchan separated from Hanbi and looked back to Hongbin who kept his angry expression. Not thinking much about it Gongchan led them to a small portable convenience store along the river that had a small area set up outside for eating. “Who’s hungry?” Gongchan asked and the other two just slightly agreed. They sat down at a table and Gongchan left the two while he went to go get the food.

“So…” Hongbin said with his arms folded across his chest.

“So…” Hanbi replied and then the two of them fell into an awkward silence.

“I’m sorry about the…thing…that happened between us.” Hongbin said and Hanbi just nodded her head. “I wish I could say that we should forget all about it and become friends again, but we can’t. I like you Hanbi and I don’t want to forget my feelings for you.”

Hanbi was looking at Hongbin with wide eyes. Her cheeks burned red and her eyes slowly drifted down to the table. Hongbin leaned forward in his chair and grabbed her hand that was sitting on top of the table.

“Do you like me too? Do you like me more than Gongchan?” Hongbin said with a soft voice and Hanbi couldn’t bring herself to look back up at him. She was too embarrassed.

“He’s my boyfriend.” Hanbi shyly replied back.

“That doesn’t mean anything. You can break up with him.”

“He’s your friend.”

“I can make new friends.”

“Hongbin…we shouldn’t be talking about this. Gongchan will be back at any time.” Hanbi tried to pull her hand away buy Hongbin held onto it tightly, not wanting to lose contact with her.

“If we don’t talk about it now, when are we going to talk about it? We kissed Hanbi,” Hongbin said which made Hanbi’s head shoot up and look around to see if anyone over heard him. “Don’t try to act like you don’t like me because I can see it in your eyes. Tell me Hanbi. Tell me you like me.” Hongbin kept pushing her to admit her feelings that she hadn’t even full accepted herself. Tears were brought to her eyes as Hongbin got pushier and pushier with her.

“FINE! I ADMIT IT! I LIKE YOU!” Hanbi said loudly and Hongbin slowly had a smile spread on his face. There was a loud crashing noise and the two of them looking over to see Gongchan standing there was a broken glass bottle on the ground. “Gongchan…I…” Hanbi ripped her hand away from Hongbin and stood up. Gongchan stormed away and Hanbi tried to go after him but Hongbin grabbed her. “LET GO OF ME!” Hanbi yelled at Hongbin while hitting his chest.

“Don’t go after him.” Hongbin ordered.

“Why not?!” Hanbi was crying now and trying to get Hongbin to let go of her so she could go after Gongchan.

“Because you’re mine.” Hongbin bent down and crashed his lips onto Hanbi’s who resisted at first but slowly melted into the kiss. When they separated both of their breathing was a little strained. “I will talk to Gongchan later. But, right now, we should go on our first date.” Hongbin grabbed Hanbi’s hand, holding it tightly and walked away dragging a very confused and bashful Hanbi behind him. She didn’t fight to be with Gongchan anymore. When she was with Hongbin she felt safe and happy. She didn’t have to settle with him; he was her choice. 

-----------------------------------------------------

ALL DEM FLUFFY FEELS

I LOVE SUYUN AND LEOOOOOO

Suyun

Leo

I LOVE HANBI AND HONGBINNNNN

Hanbi

Hongbin